main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars "Fans" overly critical of Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi_Majik, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Majik

Jedi_Majik Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2003
    At the beginning of each "short" we find that these cartoons are rated Y7, not NC-17. This is the CARTOON NETWORK, and not even the Adult Swim Portion. Chill out a little and realize that 10-12 year olds are not debating whether or not the mouth movements match the lines spoken, or how ventress blows up the ship. They just say "cool" like we did when we were 10 yrs. old watching Luke turn a flip and catch his lightsabre.

My son is not even 3 years old and every morning he asks to watch "tar wars kartunes" that we recorded from the previous night. Although it's probably a bit violent for his age, kids are who Star Wars Clone Wars should be targeted towards, without totally alienating the fans.

2. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    No kidding, were we nitpicking force powers or how many ships there were in a squadron the first time we saw Star Wars? Or how "tired" Jedi got or how "unrealistic" all their Jedi moves were? No, we watched them because they were fricking cool, nothing more.

3. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Are people being real critical of it. I do not read the threads on the cartoons so I would not know.

I really like them and they get me pumped for May 19

4. Jedi_Emulator

Jedi_Emulator Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2004
    I think that the microseries is the best thing for Star Wars. It gives us something to goggle over while we wait patiently for Episode 3. Gendy Tartakovski did the exact same thing I would have done. Bottom Line--Clone Wars is awesome.

5. Jedi_Emulator

Jedi_Emulator Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2004
    I totally agree with what Jedi_Majik is saying. Anime people should chill out, man. This is not yo' papa's Star Wars, this is something brand new and just because it isn't on the big screen, doesn't make it suck. It seems that when Star Wars films are shown on non-movie channels, viewers don't sit down to watch. Tartakovski has made people WANT to sit down and watch Star Wars. This is good. O.K.?

6. 103728103

103728103 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2003
    Not at all actually.Although,it's my first time in this section(small screen) so I wouldn't know the heat Clone Wars are recieving , for the past 2 weeks I am hooked.I've seen episodes 14,16,17,18 and they are really cool for a 20 year old.

7. JdieKnight

JdieKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 1999
    I agree to enjoy this for what it is.

8. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    If you don't like it, don't watch it. How hard is that?

I tried it, didn't like it, and that's it.

9. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    I know, some people are way too critical of things. One thing, animation is a pain in the butt, animation is time consuming, and it's probably better than any of us can do, that's if you don't know how to do animation, etc.
    I say it's good for only 3 minutes, and a lot happens, and it's enjoyable. Also it is targeted to younger people.

10. fcz1

fcz1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2002
    I think I might be one of the "fans" in question. I'm that 31 year old guy who saw SW as a little kid when it first came out in theaters, grew up playing with the toys, was always seen as somewhat dorky for liking SW throughout the 80's and 90's before the resurgance, and snubs the EU.

That said, I really enjoy the Clone Wars cartoon. I am a fan of SW and animation, and I am rather impressed on how it turned out. I was a little wary at first because the disaster potential was definitly there. Luckily they pulled it off.

11. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I think the cartoons have been very well-received. You're listening to the vocal minority...

It's my opinion, that these have gotten a better-than-expected reaction out of fans and non-fans alike.

I know I love them, and those who say they don't I don't really let affect me.

12. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I think continuity, voice acting, and etc. can take a back seat to the fact that Star Wars has continued to give us entertainment and something to look forward to, for those willing to be interested in it. These cartoons have really done a great job at holding me over for Episode III. These cartoons also gave me something to look forward to each and everyday they were airing so that my days had just a little bit more excitement in them - knowing that I'd be getting more Star Wars action, regardless of what form it's in. That's what it's all about, after all.

13. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    My only beef is that the daily episodes are too SHORT! Otherwise, the series is excellent. I cannot imagine what so-called "fans" are bitching about.

Next thing you know, they'll actually start discussing whether the series is canon or not. :p

14. Jedi_Majik

Jedi_Majik Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2003
    People complain on every board about everything, but these cartoons have given us who don't read EU something with the Lucas Name to hold on to until next May.

15. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    Well, the problem is some people have to find something wrong with everything and nothing satisfies them. Sometimes I feel that the art of simply enjoying a show is dying.

16. Dark_Jedi_D

Dark_Jedi_D Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2004
    Took the words right out of my mouth Darth_Tynaus.

17. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    You could try reading a book. No, seriously. A couple of the SW books are actually good. Most suck, but there are at least 12 good SW books.

I hate the "You're not a true fan if you________" arguments. Who is to say who a true fan is and who isn't? Remember folks, fan is short for fanatic. So you might as well say that ___ isn't a true christian because he raised his voice in anger, or spoke disparigingly of a fellow christian, or, or, or...
    Grow up.

18. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    You could try reading a book. No, seriously. A couple of the SW books are actually good. Most suck, but there are at least 12 good SW books

Thank you. You rock, and I love you.

I watched the whole series, mainly out of morbid fascination, also for continuity's sake. I saw one or two good things in the whole series.

A lot of the Star Wars books are not all that great, but there are definitely some winners in there. My ultimate Clone Wars era novel is Shatterpoint. If Matthew Stover does a signing tour when the novelization of Episode III comes out, I want him to come to Cleveland so I can shake his hand and tell him he's a genius. I'm so serious. That book, while not having a ton to do with the Clone Wars, is an amazing commentary on rivalry between tribes, and mirrors a lot of real-world conflicts (see the mass genocides in Rwanda 10 or so years back). It makes you think, it shows you the horror of war, and the best part about it is that the rest of the galaxy won't notice, and won't care. It's so upsetting and horribly tragic in a completely non-corny way.

Probably the best Star Wars book there is, folks. And I'm jumping for joy that he's writing the Episode III novelization, because even if I don't like the movie, I know I'll love the book.

19. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Agreed, everyone should just loosen up.

20. Sith_Dreamer

Sith_Dreamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    I agree. I loved them, and they did something that hadn't truly been done before. They may not have been the movies, hell, some aprts were better than parts in the movie,s and some weren't, but come on, they did their best, and I loved them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.