main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Star Wars: Fantasy Bouts ("Jango Fett" Vs "General Grievous" (Updated!))

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by The_Mandalorian_, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Mandalorian_

The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    Welcome to Star Wars: Fantasy Bouts!

Star Wars: Fantasy Bouts is a series where characters in the GFFA will come together in fantasy matches that take place in many different areas within the Star Wars Universe.

The two chosen fighters will be studied thoroughly in order to accurately portray what would most likely happen if the fighters were to come together and do battle.

In the arena, the characters will be in their prime condition and will be equipped with what they are normally seen equipped with. They will use the environment and weapons that may or may not be provided.

In "The Star Wars Fantasy Bout Thread" a fight will be announced by me. I will put the names of the characters in the topic and you the readers can discuss who you want or think should win. Then, i will post the fight and you can post your opinions on what happened.

Mandalorian Bounty Hunter: Jango Fett

One of the greatest Mandalorians of all time, Jango Fett was once leader of the Mandalorians. One of Jango's most worthy accounts was in an issue of Jango Fett: Open Seasons in the battle of Galidraan. While he lost the Mandalorians to the Jedi in that battle, Jango Fett, weaponless and enraged, killed many Jedi before being arrested by Dooku and the remaining Jedi that hadnt been eliminated in the battle of Galidraan.

Accompanied by Mandalorian battle armor is an array of several dangerous weapons concealed within his armor gauntlets, knee pads and Jetpack. He wields dual Westar 34 pistols being one of the most deadly gunslingers the galaxy has ever known.

VS.

Cyborg Separatist Commander: General Grievous

The face of the Separatists and one of the most reknown Jedi killers in the Star Wars Universe, General Grievous is a ruthless combatenant and one of the most marvelous military strategists since Thrawn to hit SW.

One of Grievous' most memorable feats, which also happens to be his debut, is in Chapter 20 of the Clone Wars cartoons where General Grievous manages to best six Jedi at a time in lightsaber combat using his unorthodox fighting style. Some of the Jedi in that fight (Ki-Adi Mundi, Shaak Ti, and Aayla Secura) were among the best the Jedi Council had to offer.

Though he is not force-sensitive, he was trained in the Jedi arts by Darth Tyranus and is able to wield up to five lightsabers at a time with his two feet and droid arms that can seperate into four.

2. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

looks good definatly

3. Revanche

Revanche Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2005
    Oh this sounds awesome, looking forward to it :D

4. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    This battle will be written and completed by Sunday night. Until then, you may discuss this battle with one another :).

5. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    On a hand to hand combat, I think Grievous has the definite edge, but otherwise Jango would slice him, dice him, fry him, whipcord him, let's see, what else? Just plain old open up a can on him.

[image=http://home.comcast.net/~elenem91/BH4246_38.jpg]

6. Revanche

Revanche Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2005
    Bleh... after the fact that Jango beat the crap out of a bunch of jedi BAREHANDED I'm pretty sure he could hold his own against Grevious. I'm pretty sure Jango is the only one that cound crush a Jedi's face in witha rock and get away with it. Plus the fact that Jango's got the anger of an entire culture to fuel him when he fights.

7. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Hey, looks great!

Can't wait for the first post!

KT

8. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Youve got a point there, Fel; but this is the same General Grievous whos just made sport out of Jedi, taken on several Jedi at once. Not just normal Jedi too, he struck fear in members of the council as well. Grievous is as experienced a warrior as Jango Fett is and in most respects theyre actually balanced when you count the armor and compare it to Grievous' cyborg body.

9. Revanche

Revanche Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2005
    *Slaps a handfull of Credits on the table* My money's on Jango.... Like I said... he smashed a rock into a Jedi's face... how many people walk away from that?

10. Revanche

Revanche Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2005
    Bumpers

11. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

i think fett will win, grevious couldn't dodge blaster bolts from his own high powered pistol, so i'd think fetts double pistols, and the rate he fired them at will take grevious out with no worries

12. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Since i had to go camping with the family, im gonna have to bump this story's release date to next weekends. Sorry :(

13. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    For your enjoyment, to leave more leeway for future battles, and so that this isnt rushed, the design for this series is subject to change and will most likely be completed by next Sunday.

The only sure thing at this moment is that Jango Fett and General Grievous are still the contenders.

14. Salmeera

Salmeera Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    I'm bettin' on Grievous, if he has his 4 lightsabres (which I trust he will). This definitely looks interesting, keep me posted on updates. :)

15. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    (Entry 1)

(Jango Fett Vs. General Grievous)

?I don?t suppose they pay you enough for this?? Jango Fett said to the trembling Geonosian guard whose eyes had been stuck to the dreaded droid general Grievous who, backstage, was in the middle of raising hell on the Geonosians that dared to put cuffs on him. Luckily for Fett?s guards, Jango had been more compliant and calm. Fett above all people understood that in this galaxy, man or creature, we all do what we have to.

Yet Grievous hadn?t the patience for understanding?

?Waaaaaah!? wailed General Grievous? Geonosian chariot driver in horror as he and his dusty chariot soared in mid-air to the center of the arena, examples of Grievous? strength.

The chariot shattered on impact, as did its driver.

The excitement in the crowd of over 500,000 Geonosians could not be contained as those with wings fluttered them joyously for the entertaining mayhem, and those without simply clapped and stamped. A weaponless General Grievous made waste of the guards that tried to control him and the crowd ate it all up.

Grievous charged out into the arena, twirling guard staffs in each of his four mechanical hands. His talons slid to a stop in the orange Geonosian sands and as the roaring crowd cheered at his dramatic entrance, the general cried ?Where is Jango Fett?!?

The Geonosian guard that stood beside Fett was too terrified of Grievous to remove Fett?s cuffs and instead gaped in awe at the droid General.

?There?? Grievous? hate-filled yellow eyes took in the sight of the Mandalorian and turned his tall body to face him completely.

Fett, welcoming the challenge, simply nodded twice to Grievous.

One of Grievous? arms reached back and harpooned a staff at Jango Fett?s head; yet, Jango ducked the flying staff with much ease, causing it to unfortunately pierce through the chest of the once awestruck guard beside him.

The droid general was furious and began to charge at Jango.

Fett quickly reached into his utility belt and drew a laser cutter to break his cuffs and, just in time, he leapt out of the chariot before General Grievous knocked it to the sky in a demonstration of his mammoth strength given to him by his cybernetic limbs and appendages.

Now, unbound by the cuffs, Jango drew the staff from it?s sheath in the buried Geonosian?s chest and then moved to face the malicious droid General.

Twirling the staffs rapidly with ease, Greivous leaned his head down immediately in front of Jango?s so that his wicked yellow eyes were level with Jango Fett?s cold black visor.

?I will break you, Mandalorian scum!? Grievous disclosed in a wicked tone.

?Go for it.? Jango replied defiantly.

Entry 2 will be up soon!

16. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

Great post, aren't they gona have some nifty weapons :p

17. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Yep, there'll definitely be more weapon action, rest assured :).

18. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Why is Grievous being protrayed as so mindless and angry? He wasn't like that in CW, or the movie, or (from what I've heard) the comments.

Secondly, what's all this about super-strength? I for one would like to see a more "balanced" tone in the next post. Jango isn't just some ultra-collected James Bond/Batman figure, and Grievous is a lot more than a rabid bear.

19. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    <<Why is Grievous being protrayed as so mindless and angry? He wasn't like that in CW, or the movie, or (from what I've heard) the comments.

Secondly, what's all this about super-strength? I for one would like to see a more "balanced" tone in the next post. Jango isn't just some ultra-collected James Bond/Batman figure, and Grievous is a lot more than a rabid bear.>>

First off i recommend you watching ROTS three times, then watch Chapter 20 of CW almost 30 times and make a music video of it then write two fan fics on Grievous before you question what i know about General Grievous. Its all ready known that GRievous in CW is different from the one in the films.

If i didnt know these characters well, i wouldnt have written about them. I have read and thoroughly examined each and every piece of literature Jango Fett has even cameod in or been mentioned in. Hes my favorite character thus i know him like he was a brother.

There are a lot of things i had to take out which were in the beginning of this fic to make its pacing faster. Grievous is angry because imagine if you were the legendary commander of the seperatist and you were reduced to fighting someone in some backwater arena. Grievous is willing to get this over with and while he seems pissed, hes not.

Jango Fetts code stresses that he be calm and collected. Read the firs book in the Young Boba Fett series to fully grip the personality of Jango Fett as he is seen for who he really is through his son's eyes.

Grievous is not a rabid bear, he has simply taken the position of the aggressor.

I have taken the time to balance these characters. This is only the first of a series. Be patient please.

20. darthnick11

darthnick11 Guest

The_Mandalorian_, I think it's great. Keep up the good work!

21. Revanche

Revanche Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2005
    Short post, but it's looking good. Post more soon I would hope?

22. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Pretty cool story, so far. You do seem to know your Jango and Grievous stories...

?I will break you, Mandalorian scum!? Grievous disclosed in a wicked tone.

?Go for it.? Jango replied defiantly.

...and your affinity for the Rocky movies. ;)

Looking forward to more. I'm rooting for Jango, naturally.

23. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Heh yea, i couldnt help myself when it came to the Rocky thing and i was hoping someone would pick up on that. Who better to pick up on it than the leader of the Gentlemen's Writing guild? :D

It was relatively short but thats because i promised id have this started by Sunday. Sorry :(

There is more to come so please, hang tight.

24. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Mandalorian, I wasn't trying to attack your work. It was just supposed to be constructive criticism that got a bit--impassioned, I suppose.

Although I do stil think there's something to talk about. In the first place, I'm not challenging your knowledge of the characters. I was challenging the way you portrayed them in this story. Secondly, given the Grievous is different in the EU and on film, exactly which version of the character are you modeling your interpretation of Grievous off of? Because insofar as I can tell, it's neither.

Maybe the stuff you had to edit is what I was looking for. But it just struck me as odd, because in the intro post you called him "perhaps the greatest strategist in the SW universe since Thrawn." But then in the post, you had comments like:

"Grievous hadn?t the patience for understanding?"

--I thought this was a suggestion that he doens't think about things.

" A weaponless General Grievous made waste of the guards that tried to control him and the crowd ate it all up. Grievous charged out into the arena, twirling guard staffs in each of his four mechanical hands. His talons slid to a stop in the orange Geonosian sands and as the roaring crowd cheered at his dramatic entrance, the general cried ?Where is Jango Fett?!? "

--Why was Grievous playing to the crowd here if he didn't want to be participating in the first place?

"Grievous? hate-filled yellow eyes"

--For what reason are his eyes "hate filled?"

All that stuff just kind of made it seem to me like you were portraying as some sort of "Incredible Hulk" character. But I'll keep reading, and see how things develop.

25. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    <<Mandalorian, I wasn't trying to attack your work. It was just supposed to be constructive criticism that got a bit--impassioned, I suppose.

Although I do stil think there's something to talk about. In the first place, I'm not challenging your knowledge of the characters. I was challenging the way you portrayed them in this story. Secondly, given the Grievous is different in the EU and on film, exactly which version of the character are you modeling your interpretation of Grievous off of? Because insofar as I can tell, it's neither.

Maybe the stuff you had to edit is what I was looking for. But it just struck me as odd, because in the intro post you called him "perhaps the greatest strategist in the SW universe since Thrawn." But then in the post, you had comments like:

"Grievous hadn?t the patience for understanding?"

--I thought this was a suggestion that he doens't think about things.

" A weaponless General Grievous made waste of the guards that tried to control him and the crowd ate it all up. Grievous charged out into the arena, twirling guard staffs in each of his four mechanical hands. His talons slid to a stop in the orange Geonosian sands and as the roaring crowd cheered at his dramatic entrance, the general cried ?Where is Jango Fett?!? "

--Why was Grievous playing to the crowd here if he didn't want to be participating in the first place?

"Grievous? hate-filled yellow eyes"

--For what reason are his eyes "hate filled?"

All that stuff just kind of made it seem to me like you were portraying as some sort of "Incredible Hulk" character. But I'll keep reading, and see how things develop.>>

When it came to the patience part, it was due to the fact that the guards just tried to cuff him and as you know, he didnt want to be there in the first place, it didnt mean his patience over all, it meant his patience at the moment. He was disgusted and wanted to head straight for Jango to get it over with. Grievous calls for Jango Fett because, like i said, he wants to get this overwith.

As for "hate filled eyes" i guess that was misleading and ill edit that. By no means though does he have respect for Jango. This is a battle to the death between these two men and both understand that the only way to survive is to stop the other from breathing so theyre not on the happiest of terms with one another :).

I think youre under the impression that the entire fight will be like this, but just hold on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.