main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Fanworks @ ConCarolinas (June 4-6, Charlotte, NC)

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by Nathan_P_Butler, Dec 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    Star Wars Fanworks will be returning to the convention circuit this summer after last August's great experience at Dragon*Con 2003. This time, it will be Fanworks itself joining the Star Wars track, now that the site has been established and getting some attention.

At present, you'll find at least Nathan P. Butler, Rich Sigfrit, Ron Garner, and Janine Garner present for the June 4-6 "ConCarolinas" in Charlotte, North Carolina. Several others may appear along the way, who have participated in fan audio or been longtime supporters thereof, including possibly Michael Galasso and Gregory Harbin.

While nothing is yet set in stone on the specifics of the panels (yes, we said panels, plural!), here's a general idea of what is being discussed right now for Fanworks and fan audio.

1. Fanworks will have a fan organization table, as you might expect, where, among other things, we intend to be handing out flyers about the site and special demo CDs that feature examples of various works found on Fanworks, including some of the Nathan-only demo CDs that Rich created for Nathan to give out at Dragon*Con. (Yeah, they might even sign autographs, though why anyone would want the scribblings of any of our beloved hosts is beyond our comprehension.)

2. Nathan, Rich, Janine, and Ron will be hosting an introductory panel for those new to Star Wars fan audio, much like the discussion and Q&A panel held at Dragon*Con 2003.

3. The same quartet will be holding a second session that will combine the Q&A style of panel with an active demonstration and tutorial on the basics of mixing a fan audio production in WaveLab, with concepts that can certainly carry over from one program to another. This will most likely include either a "from scratch" rebuilding of a previously-created scene from an episode of Anthology, or possibly an original scene composition, depending on time constraints.

4. Finally, a third session will be held in which the hosts of ChronoRadio and Requiem of the Outcast join forces as a discussion panel to interact with the live audience and record a special on-location combined episode of ROTO/CR that will be released in two halves on Fanworks.

Along with these intended items, there are also discussions at present about having Fanworks productions merged into a sort of radio station style of presentation for playing in the background of a dedicated Star Wars fan gathering, while it has been suggested that we just might get access to Alan Dean Foster and Joe Coronney (if we're lucky) for interviews or discussion on CR or ROTO, or possibly even in the live session.

So, pencil it in, folks. Charlotte, North Carolina on June 4-6 for ConCarolinas, with a registration fee of something ridiculously easy on the pocketbook--a mere $25. Come join the fun!

2. DarkLordofSmith

DarkLordofSmith Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    I'd love to go, just one little problem...

I'm inthe UK, and if I cna't get a job between now and hen, no go. ~sighs~

3. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    I will be there, unless something bizzare happens.

-the aforementioned 'Gregory Harbin'

4. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    Greg (Greg? Gregory? G-funk?): You should email me sometime in the next few days if you get the chance. You got all the questions right for the trivia thing, BUT you're already involved, which was part of the fine print . . .

However, it did strike me that when I get Abe (Peterka) for one segment of CR #13, you might be up for doing the other segment with me for CR #13. We'd almost have to record it before Jan. 5, though.

At any rate, YAY, another fandom person is coming. Maybe by then he'll have some Second Strike Sourcebook art to show off in the Fanworks booth. :p

5. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    At any rate, YAY, another fandom person is coming. Maybe by then he'll have some Second Strike Sourcebook art to show off in the Fanworks booth. :p

By June? Sure! 8-}

Oh, and I perfer G-Funk...

E-mail on other issue coming.

-Gregory

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.