main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

STAR WARS FANWORKS TEASER ("Project Sonja" Revealed...Sorta)

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by Nathan_P_Butler, Aug 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    It is, but it isn't. I was only lucky enough to see it because Nathan wanted me to check it out for hosting consideration. The link to the full site isn't posted yet since the site isn't technically available to the public yet.

Keith

2. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    Yeah, basically, the site is pretty much done. Of course, now there's new news to put on there, and it looks like we'll be probably hosting Coruscant and *maybe* be having a page to get some more exposure for the RON folks, so there's a bit still to do again.

The domain right now points to a certain file in my timeline webspace. When it opens, it'll temporarily point to a different subdirectory of StarWarz or my timeline space, and then when StarWarz finally moves from the JediNet server to the Nexcess server, it'll go to the domain not requiring itself to forward.

So, it's up, but it's not open, basically. The files are there being proofed and such.

3. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    OKay

Hey Nathan check your e-mail. :)

4. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Off-Topic for Thread, but in Answer to Sean:

Got it, but having some sending trouble.

Here's what exists of the background for Prevoda Vatil:

-----

Prevoda Vatil
    Jedi Master Prevoda Vatil was promoted to full Jedi Master shortly before the Battle of Naboo. Over the next ten years, he spent a great deal of time partnered with fellow Jedi Master Jor Ti?lana, whose own Padawan, Kahlain Sem?Ita, was nearing knighthood. Jor, formerly one of the most respected Jedi military liasons, had chosen to decline an invitation to join the Jedi Council?s ranks, but remained an active advisor to the Council, making his wisdom and intellect a thing of great admiration for the younger Vatil.

That partnership continued into the era of the Clone Wars, where Jor was killed in action. Vatil found himself on the run from Separatist forces, finally going to ground on the planet Angeelsk in the Ferri?sol System. It was while trying to do what he could to help the citizens of Angeelsk before returning to the war that Vatil saved young Malchik Raine from a group of street thugs led by a man named Zloy. Malchik was thankful, but angry with the Jedi for allowing him to be seen as a Jedi-sympathizer in such difficult times for the Jedi.

Rather than assist Malchik in battling the gang, Vatil imparted upon Malchik the lesson that peacekeeping does not require active force, but can be attained by simply not seeking conflict when it can be avoided.

Vatil later returned to the Clone Wars, where he was killed in battle with the Dark Jedi Asajj Ventress. His lesson, however, lived on in the military philosophy of Malchik Raine, who would later become a General in the New Republic Army and frequent speaker to other military branches.

-----

Basically, the time frame really makes the big difference. As long as the story is set long enough after Doubts Cast that it makes sense for him to have left Malchik and "returned to the war," it's fine, so long as he isn't killed.

As for getting Adam to reprise that role, you'd have to ask him.

5. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Got some new Fanworks info: We *are* hosting "Coruscant?" for sure, which raises the overall runtime tally for the projects hosted or co-hosted by the site to just over 36.5 hours.

I figure I'll include notations on the remixes of The Musical in the tally, as it's on a co-hosted site alongside Fanworks, and would be under "extras" like the teasers and stuff for other projects.

So, we're looking at a runtime of about 36:47:05 so far for the overall site as of release. And ROTO #1 is still coming, with "The Mob" and possibly RON not far behind for that tally.

6. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Nathan, once your site officially goes live I will redirect the download links to yours. ;)

7. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Works for me.

8. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Okay, the Rise of Nobility mockup is there. More a just barely incomplete final page, but that's just to ease work later if it stays.

And, in the next few days, hopefully, Erica Strafford and I will be recording something for Rich for the first ROTO episode. That episode is the only thing we're waiting on before launching the site.

9. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    What is ROTO again?

10. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Nathan, it looks fine except for one thing. And it's nothing you did because I see what you're going for image wise for the hosting page itself. It's got to be wide enough to fit the window but not high enough that all the info is pushed beyond the page so that you don't have to scroll down too much.

I just think there should be a more representative image of our audio drama than the black and yellow scroll. My suggestion would be that Adam Bertocci take a whack at creating something out of perhaps our release poster and our logo or at least one of our more visually interesting posters that he's done. Could you contact him about that? I have no idea if he's reading this thread or not...and just give him the rough parameters of the image size he should use? He's realy good at that stuff anyhow. :)

Keith

11. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    I can try contacting him, yeah. Any other particular image from your stuff on the site that you'd want there in the meantime, in case the site would open before he could get me an image?

Also, if that works for you, then I would need a description, running time, tally of the runtimes of your audio "extras" like the teasers and such, and I'd need info on download locations, file sizes/lengths, etc.

Easiest would be to ship me off one of each file, in case I missed a teaser, and I can fill it all in, but I don't know that you'd want to send any copies of the final thing out before Sept. 1, even for this kinda thing, so however you want to get me info works for me.

As for timeframe, the sooner the better. This weekend, I have someone coming down from Friday right after I leave the school, through around noon on Sunday, and I *think* this weekend is when Rich was intending on finishing up the first ROTO episode, so it's gonna be tight. Figure we may be opening perhaps that next weekend, rather than the weekend of Dragon*Con. Depends on ROTO #1.

12. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    As of right now I'd like to use the release poster...but I know it doesn't conform to the image size you're looking at. So I dunno.

As for the current downloads info...head here. I'll have to get you more info on the release later as the final details aren't yet available.

Keith

13. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Is there a logo on that release poster that could be used, temporarily? Whatever goes on the page needs to be a banner, wider than it is tall, with width at 427 pixels, 300 ppi.

You've seen the Anthology banners. Would you want me to use the main logo on the RON page and make a quick banner like that with text you provide and then replace it later? A poster isn't gonna work.

14. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    That's what I assumed. Just use what you have for now, but see if Adam can whip something up using either the release poster or something else that's visually more appealing.

Keith

15. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    LawgSkrak: RotO is Requiem of the Outcast. Dealing with Fan Audio Productions, fanwebsites, fan film and audio free resources, fanforces, fancomics, and interviews with celebs about fans, and even a scoop or too news-wise. If you have a project you'd like promoted, let me know. Past, current, or future work requested.

16. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Rich: Are you considering just running small preview segments, rather than actual "teasers" and "trailers?" Like, say, a good scene clip to get interested, with some comments? I bet that'd be easier for most.

And, btw, I should be doing that segment with Erica tonight for ROTO #1. She said to call her some night this week around 9, so I'll try tonight.

17. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    yupI have people making their commercials, but when I review them, I will play a slightly longer teaser or trailer. For the most part.

18. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    K. I'll probably hold off for something other than full commercial for now. That'll save me some time when I'm trying to get all the rest of this stuff done.

19. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    It's also be good to know whether ROTO will be fine without Erica. I'm gonna try to do her segment tonight, but if I can't, it's another week, and I remember you saying that you could try to have ROTO #1 to me by sometime this weekend or just after.

If it's possible to do so, I'd just go ahead and finish ROTO #1, and if we get good stuff with Erica, it can be there for #2, perhaps.

20. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    yup. RotO may have a Galaxies segment, may not. It'll be a surprise segment for the first show.

21. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Good, no pressure then. :)

Keith, if I get ROTO #1 from Rich this weekend, I'm going to have to get the rest of your info from you ASAP, since that'll be the key to launching, which could be as early, if I have ROTO, as Sunday night.

22. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    I'm not going to have all the download information before then. It's just not possible because I haven't finished the final compressions yet. I can give you a description, but that's it. The whole thing should be ready by the 24th. That's the best I can do for everything.

23. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    Sheesh. I'm out of it for a little while and everyone gets delusions of grandeur. :(

Nathan, I dunno if you want to do this or not, but I think you should put the chronology seals that the official works now use on each audio drama's page. You know, the Infinities seal for things that violate continuity, the NJO seal for NJO-era stories, etc. They've got to be good for something ya know. :D

24. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Keith: That's fine. I can leave the ??:?? for now, like it is with Context. Description will be plenty for now. When we get more info, we can do it.

I'll go ahead and get trailer and site info from your site.

And as for the thing with the seals: I haven't used the actual seal images, but I have all stories marked by eras using those same names, plus a notation for in-continuity or not.

25. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Keith: You're set up and ready to rock, minus description.

I did replace the banner, by the way. I ended up using an image of the logo from the TFN Teaser for RON. I would've done something similar before, but I couldn't get around the strange edges to the one on the RON website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.