main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

STAR WARS FANWORKS TEASER ("Project Sonja" Revealed...Sorta)

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by Nathan_P_Butler, Aug 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Nate, will y'all be able to host 'Superhero,' or is the site for only Star Wars audio dramas?

?Eaglet

2. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    For now, it's only Star Wars stuff. Sorta the same rule we're using on that it's Fan *Audio* (minus any video supplements to the audio projects, rather than vice versa). Hence, no one's fan FILM experience is listed in their "people" pages, as it's not relevant.

3. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Okay, I understand that. We'll see what happens when 'Superhero' gets finished.

?Eaglet

4. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    Or if its a Batman Audio drama. Maybe he'll host that.

Hooohay

5. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Heh, or, y'know what else we could do? We could host a lot of fairly pointless sound effects tests and perhaps even just keep releasing bigger and bigger alternate versions of the same projects.

Or better yet:

We could, say, cast false accusations assaulting the credibility of a news service that makes reports based on legitimate, confirmed-by-the-subject-of-the-comments facts, then utterly refuse to retract or recant when found to be egregiously in error, even so far as continuing a sort of "punishment" on the program that bruised our fragile, ignorant egos.

Y'know, hypothetically.

6. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Ick, that one from TFN looks worse than I thought. I can get you the same image but much better quality. I'll email it tonight, plus I'll take out the black background. Looks kinda silly like that..white on the olive green background should work better.
    Keith

7. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    That works. Just send it on by. Probably won't be able to do much updating until Sunday anyway, so you might just hang off till tomorrow or Sunday so you can send a description thing too.

8. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Here's the description...

Rise of Nobility is a story about Padme Amidala growing up. Padme wasn't always the stolid, non-emotional and self-assured Queen that she was in the Phantom Menace. What Rise of Nobility tries to explain is why and how she becomes that way. Feelings of dissapointment, anger and regret cause her grow up much earlier than most. These events forge her into the Queen that she will become.

9. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Heh, takes care of that.

Also, for those interested in the concepts and such of the site, Rich did an interview with me last night for ROTO #1 dealing with Fanworks.

10. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Alright, Keith, I have your new description and the new logo both up on the page, so the RON area's ready to go, unless you end up knowing the final length and file size stats by the time we open.

11. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    And, an update: Rich says he should probably have ROTO #1 to me on Sunday. The segments with me and with Erica Strafford were recorded and sent to him the other night.

If that all goes as planned, we should be seeing Fanworks opening NEXT WEEKEND.

KEITH: Talked to Lou. If you like, we're gonna give you guys another mirror on our server for all the teasers, trailers, and the final file. Figure it's the least we can do, y'know? Just slap it into the overall grid with the rest. You'll be the most mirrored bugger out there. ;)

12. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Thanks! I'll post more later. I'm having a hard enough time keeping my eyes open right now...must sleeeeeepppppp....

13. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Thanks again Nathan. Oh and just a suggestion for the graphics on the site in general. The green you guys use on the graphics doesn't quite match the green of the web page. Very close but not exact. If you want to line them up perfectly, here's how to do it...

Go to the main page do a print screen command. Then paste that into Photoshop or whatever program. Then ciphen the color into the image your working with as the background and voila. Perfect color replication.

Keith

14. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Odd. What kind of monitor are you on? The colors are literally the same hex code. We dealt with that when first doing the color choices.

I'll try the site on other comps, though, to be sure.

15. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    They appeared as a different shade of green at work. Compaq digital monitor. They look fine now but I don't know if that's cause they are redone or if my home computer they appear differently.

Keith

16. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Haven't been redone. Very odd.

I'll check about it later. Right now, I have about 3 hours to get more done for work tomorrow before I meet up with Hanel at the airport.

Phat surprise visit. Heh.

17. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    A'ight, another positive.

Keith: The mirrors are ready to go for the teasers / trailers for RON.

Michael Mays: I'll be making sure a note about your recent progress gets up as well, as a news item.

18. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Nathan, noticed a tiny error on your download page for RoN. Here's what it should read:

Trailer - 1:56 - 4.5MB - Trailer
    Teaser A - 0:15 - 0.54MB - Teaser A
    Teaser B - 0:47 - 0.38MB - Teaser B

Keith

19. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    Ah I was hoping that the site would be ready for when I got back today. :(

20. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    The planned date was Sept. 1. We'll still be out of the gate, if all goes well, a week early.

21. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    And . . . phat stuff again. After talking with Chris last night, DLR, DLPG, and DL 2.0 *will* have pages on Fanworks. No direct download links, but links instead to the official DL site (and until DigitalLlama.com comes back up, to TFN Fan Films' page for DLR / DL 2.0).

Also, profiles are going well. Taking out the profile pictures I doubt I'll be able to get, I think these are the only ones remaining on the huge list:

Brian Gates
    Brian Tomaselli (can be captured)
    C.J. Mobberley (Hanel can get)
    Daniel Wallace
    Jeff Yankey
    Jennifer Armstrong (Hanel can get)
    Josh Griffin
    Josh Wasta (Hanel can get)
    Justin Whitlock (Hanel can get)
    Kevin Blades (can be captured)
    Kevin Rubio
    Phil Wasta (Hanel can get)
    Rich Sigfrit (sending soon)
    Steve Phelan (Hanel can get)

Should be one heck of a nice profiles section by release, and I'll keep adding profiles as new projects are completed.

22. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Talked to Lou last night. We might be back to Sept. 1. StarWarz is switching servers very soon, and we're not positive how that might effect Fanworks when it's up. we're going to look at options, though.

Either way, we're less than 2 weeks out as of today.

23. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    Does that mean I can stop busting my ash trying to figure out how to edit my show?

24. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Nope. I'd still need it by the end of this week, most likely, as you said would probably be the case anyway. Toooooo baaaaaaaaaaad for youuuuuu. ;)

25. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    UPDATE: I'm pretty sure we're going to aim for Sept. 1 now, rather than to open early. That'll mean three new projects on the same day, so I'm going ahead and prepping the news pages, tally pages, and so forth, for those projects.

Sept. 1 should see the opening of Fanworks, the release of Rise of Nobility, the first Requiem of the Outcast episode, and The Mob.

Big fan audio day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.