main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

STAR WARS FANWORKS TEASER ("Project Sonja" Revealed...Sorta)

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by Nathan_P_Butler, Aug 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    Too bad for all my upcoming droves of fans that they will have to wait

2. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    Well, look at it this way: Fan Auio will have a huge day on Sept. 1, and for those at Dragon*Con as well, it's an even bigger weekend.

3. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Had some issues with uploading last night, but I've updated the site for those who currently have access. Those of you with that access can already find "The Mob" available. That's the Anthology release for Sept. 1, which will go along with the other two new releases and the site launch.

4. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    UPDATE:

Tonight, tomorrow, or Monday, depending on how the connection holds up, I should have copies of both ROTO #1 and the first full interview file from Rich for the ROTO section, so that means there will be *two* ROTO files to kick off the series, rather than just one.

Also, I have been given the final files for RON, and we'll be hosting mirrors for all three versions, all of which will be up on the site launch, which is the same day as the RON premiere.

And . . . I've gotten "The Mob" ready to go.

So we have four files ready for release on the same day as the site, and we're finalizing how the address will work. Right now, we're angling on it being like TFN Fan Films, where the site is a subsection of StarWarz.com, but also has the domain name, kind of like TFN Fan Films is actually a directory of TFN, with fanfilms.com as a pointer.

Basically, what we're waiting on now is the server switch. The Nexcess folks are ready to do so next weekend, just before site launch, and that should be a straignt 1:1 transfer of the files from the JediNet server.

Once the site launches, I have a redirect page set up to point to starwarsfanworks.com that will be put up in place of every single HTML page for the current ChronoRadio, 2S, Anthology, and Context subdirectories of StarWarz/Timeline, and I'll be updating the SWT-G's page at StarWarz/Timeline to point to the new site and to eventually get rid of the redirects, probably around January 1, to give people time to fix bookmarks and such.

9 days, boys 'n' girls.

5. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Just updated the runtime tally.

Right now, we're looking at the following:

FULL HOSTING
    ChronoRadio
    Anthology
    Context
    Second Strike
    Coruscant?
    Requiem of the Outcast
    Resurrection
    Smuggler's Run

CO-HOSTING
    Star Wars: The Musical
    Rise of Nobility

PAGE HOSTING:
    Digital Llama Radio
    Digital Llama Player's Guide
    Digital Llama 2.0

All of those get added to the runtime tally, presuming they will be released as of Sept. 1. Now, I haven't calculated in ROTO #1 or the first ROTO interview because I don't have the files from Rich yet, but without those two files, we have, between FULL, CO-, and PAGE-HOSTED projects, a total opening runtime of 53:27:08 of content.

*NOTE:
    Full Hosting means hosting a page and all files.
    Co-Hosting means hosting a page and either all files as mirrors or major files in conjunction with an official site.
    Page-hosting means just an informative page with a link to a project's official download site.

6. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Well, the process is beginning. We have the new Nexcess IP and DNS info setup for the starwarsfanworks.com domain, and it's slowly propagating, so Lou says he can already see the teaser at the domain again. For me, it still says the domain doesn't exist at the moment. Hopefully, that will all be through by Monday.

The files should all be unzipped on the new box soon, which will just mean some file uploading and such for me once Lou has the FTP info all set up for us.

So, still aiming at Monday.

7. pyanfar

pyanfar Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2002
    heh, so it takes me longer than most to get around to making it to the boards.... at least i made it!

anyway.....

1. The profile of the month isn't me. The one with me was a placeholder until we could get it all set up and figure out how we were going to be swapping them out. The actual profile for the opening is Amy Ferrell (since, well, for visual appeal in the first profile image, you can't beat that picture of "Ames").

aw, Nafun, you are da sweeeeetest!! i'm gonna scoop you up if none of those sillie girls back home do.

;o)
    amy

8. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    A classic thread returns . . . with flirtation. Gotta love it. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.