main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

STAR WARS FANWORKS: The Home of Star Wars Fan Audio

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by Nathan_P_Butler, Aug 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    SEPTEMBER 1, 2003 ? ATLANTA, GA, USA

A new era for STAR WARS fan audio productions, original fan-made audio dramas and radio shows based on the STAR WARS saga, has begun. Over the past several years, STARWARZ.COM has been the host of several fan audio projects by NATHAN P. BUTLER, including the SECOND STRIKE and ANTHOLOGY audio dramas, CONTEXT concept website, and his original radio show, CHRONORADIO. Since the premiere of SECOND STRIKE as the world?s first large-scale serious STAR WARS fan audio drama on Christmas Day 2002, the fan audio genre has expanded dramatically. Recent releases like SHAVEN WOOKIEE PRODUCTIONS? RISE OF NOBILITY and SOUTHERN CROSS PRODUCTIONS? RESURRECTION have served to expand the genre from the hobbies of a small few creators into a fan production realm in its own right, standing alongside written fan fiction and fan films as an expression of the fans? creativity.

Now, STARWARZ.COM?s NATHAN P. BUTLER and LOU ?T?BONE? TAMBONE have joined forces with web designer SONJA NELSON to create a new, large-scale home for STAR WARS fan audio projects to act as a central hub in the fan audio community. This new website, STARWARSFANWORKS.COM launches today, September 1, with nearly 55 hours of content at launch time.

STARWARSFANWORKS.COM features in-depth news coverage of the fan audio genre, an extensive IMDB-style index of fan audio genre participants and their projects, and two dedicated project listing and hosting sections. An extensive FAN AUDIO DRAMA section features a catalog of STAR WARS audio drama projects, including hosted projects (SECOND STRIKE, ANTHOLOGY, CONTEXT, RESURRECTION, SMUGGLER?S RUN, CORUSCANT), co-hosted projects (STAR WARS: THE MUSICAL, RISE OF NOBILITY), and listings for where to find unaffiliated projects. A FAN RADIO SHOW area features hosted shows from NATHAN P. BUTLER (CHRONORADIO) and RICH SIGFRIT (REQUIEM OF THE OUTCAST), along with informative pages hosted for all three programs from DIGITAL LLAMA PRODUCTIONS (with information on where to download official episodes) and listings for unaffiliated shows.

Whether you?re looking for a large-scale urban warfare drama like SECOND STRIKE, a quick parody like CORUSCANT to add some humor to your day, or in-depth coverage of fandom at large in REQUIEM OF THE OUTCAST, STARWARZ?s new sister site, STARWARSFANWORKS.COM is your one-stop destination for STAR WARS fan audio.

Come join the site premiere excitement at WWW.STARWARSFAWORKS.COM to check out two new releases, exclusive to the site: the all-new ANTHOLGOY: THE MOB and RICH SIGFRIT?s premiere episode of REQUIEM OF THE OUTCAST and his exclusive interview with RICHARD ?ADMIRAL MOTTI? LAPERMANTIER.

-----

That's right, "Project Sonja" AKA Star Wars Fanworks is now open for business!

Star Wars Fanworks

2. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    (Finally, all new links have been updated in "official" threads.)

3. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    Excellent looking site Nathan.

Great work. :D

4. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Nate, I'd point out that several of the MP3s in the ZIP file for SW: The Musical are incomplete and I had to go to the main site to replace them... I don't remember which ones.

And I'll throw out a general question to anyone: Do you know how to download instead of viewing in-browser the videos for "The Control Room" and "Let's Blow This Thing"?

Anyway... Nice site. I very much enjoyed "Coruscant?" and "Dreamscape," which is all I've had time to lsten to so far. Good work.

-Paul

5. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Strange on the Musical. I'll get the original files from InFauxMedia again and upload a fixed Zip file this afternoon.

6. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    Although I had seen the site earlier, I must once again commend Nathan for a very well-built informative site. :)

7. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Thanks. Can't take all the building credit, though. I just added the content and such. Sonja Nelson did the original design. You should've seen the POS dummy site I created.

(For the record, by the way, the design was inspired by GateWorld.)

8. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    And of course, truly the best part of starwarsfanworks.com, THE REASON, it was made, ladies and gentlemen, Requiem of the Outcast. Available ONLY at SWFW. check it out today. Burn a copy for your grandmama.

9. Padawan_John

Padawan_John Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    My grandma? I don't think she'd be into it.

My RPG/possible fanfilm group? Oh, they're getting copies. Whether they want them or not.

:D

10. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    You know I just have to shout out a big YAAAAAAAAYYYY! for this. :D

11. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Hey Nathan, just letting ya know the links to the RoN part on fanworks doesn't have the actually audio drama links posted yet. :) Just the trailers and teasers (some of which are still listed incorrectly).

No worries either way, just thought I should point it out though you might want to check out our downloads page for the latest links.
    Keith

12. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Damn. That update must've come in after John zipped up the Fanworks directory for the big move. I'll fix that tonight when I get home.

13. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Booyah! Just hooked up with the guys from Star Wars en Direct. Fanworks is now doing a page-hosting setup with them.

That leaves only the bygone Jedi Talk . . . and don't rule that out yet . . .

14. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Update: Rich Sigfrit (CinemaFreak) will be officially made a staff member for the site as of the site update tonight.

15. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Update: Looks like we've got the support from Victor Maier ("Darion Blade") to have pages set up for Jedi Talk and Stormtrooper Bob. Might be more to it than that, but that depends on a couple of things.

Either way, as soon as we get a couple of final nods from Victor, we should be launching pages for those two other programs. Jedi Talk will mean that we'll have creator-supported project pages for all seven of the Star Wars radio shows out there (CR, ROTO, DLR, DLPG, DL 2.0, SWD, and JT).

16. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Good news / bad news: I have several updates ready to go, including image links to official threads on the newly renamed Fanworks message board at Galactic Senate, a revision of the section structure (no more Misc, and Parodies in their own section), two news updates, and a decent-sized update to the people section . . .

That's the good news. The bad news is that the update has already worked in Stormtrooper Bob and Jedi Talk, pages that we apparently can't make public until the JT guys get us images they would rather have used than the ones we made for the pages.

So, for now, we sit. If there's no movement on the issue by Wednesday night, I guess I'll re-edit the section directory pages (again) and do the update anyway, though I find it rather counterproductive to edit back changes that were edited in the first time.

But if not by Wed., it'll be at least Sunday night, as I'll be out of town Thurs night or Fri morning through Sun night.

17. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Alright, boys and girls:

1. The Jedi Talk page is up.
    2. The Stormtrooper Bob page is up.

And . . .

3. The STAR WARS FAN AUDIO PANEL MP3 IS NOW AVAILABLE!

www.starwarsfanworks.com

18. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    I'm five minutes into it and am already loving every second.

Great job guys!! :D

19. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Wait till ya see the video version. ;)

20. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Gah!! Making the wait even harder! :p

21. DarkLordofSmith

DarkLordofSmith Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    You only have to wait till 1 October, I'm in the processs of putting the final version together.

22. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Yeah, that's not too bad. That's, what 20 days? Less than 3 weeks.

In the meantime, I have to fix one of the 2S directories. It seems that about 6 files out of Act I didn't end up transferred with the other stuff for some reason. Unfortunately, I have to wait until tonight at home before I can do anything about it.

23. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    The 2S issue is fixed.

We have news about Stormtrooper Bob. The creative team has requested that TFN Fan Films remove the project from their site ASAP.

And there are two things up there as remembrance for 9/11. One is something written last year, the other is a reflection written today.

I figure that's something good to leave on. Something to help people stop, think, and reflect.

Selah.

24. scribe88

scribe88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2003
    I hope I can listen. It looks like it's a zip file.

What do you have to do to listen to a zip file?

One small correction: Pam's husband Bill goes by Truesdale, not Kinney. She uses her maiden name professionally.

25. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Zip isn't a sound file. I don't know the details, but it sort of compresses files (sound, data, etc.) into a smaller size in order to make downloading quicker. Uou need WinZip to "unzip" the file, which then gives you the file to access.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.