STAR WARS FANWORKS: The Home of Star Wars Fan Audio

Discussion in 'Fan Audio' started by Nathan_P_Butler, Aug 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Bad News: As Rich noted in the ROTO thread, ROTO #3 is being pushed back a week from tomorrow to next Saturday.

Good News: In its place, I'll be putting up the first true preview version of the Second Strike RPG Sourcebook, with one item or more from each section, as a downloadable PDF.
  2. keithabbott Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey guys, I sent an email to Jeff Yankey about the site and our projects. Of course, the nature of my news item was a bit brief and I didn't mention everyone's projects but I think I hit the nail on the head. I figured, it couldn't hurt to try so...keep your eyes peeled on TFN's main page.

Keith
  3. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Keith: Any chance you could PM me what the news item said?
  4. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Wow, it actually got up. Could the temper tantrum be over?
  5. keithabbott Force Ghost

star 4
    At least something got up on TFN's main page. I'll take that as a start. I appreciate Jeff getting it up, I just wish it would have been it's own news item instead of being put on the fanfilms news page. I guess I should have clarified my intentions more.

But maybe we'll lure some more folks.
    Keith
  6. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    I put up a news item on Fanworks to reintroduce people to the site if they go there from the article.

T's not at all happy that the way they put it up without any "this info comes from so and so" type info makes it look like TFN is behind Fanworks, rather than it being an independent site.

But we make that perfectly clear in the article, without having to resort to mentioning someone's toddler-like behavior in recent months.
  7. Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Wow, it's really sad that in the end it's really the fans themselves who have to pay the prices of such wars.. :(

8. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Amen. I guess when you stop looking at things as fan projects and start thinking of yourself in god complex terms and have to go to the extent of becoming an LLC corporation, well, fandom becomes business, not pleasure.
  9. CeeWulf Jedi Master

star 4
  10. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    "We" no. A certain segment, particularly one that might be called TheEnergyFieldCreatedByAllLivingThings.ThingYouCatchButterfliesWith on the other hand...
  11. Sith_Hunter Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, I for one am happy that they put up anything. Some traffic is good traffic. Maybe the ice is thawing. Let it thaw baby!
  12. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    It's cuz I'm so hot. sssssss

I mean, the site. The SITE is hot. Like, uh, fun.

Not that I'm sexy.

Though I am.

Rawr.

Not that I look at myself that way and hump mirrors.

Not...

...at all.
  13. CeeWulf Jedi Master

star 4
  14. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    The new theme song of the site should be that old "Don't...don't you want me..." song from the 1980s.
  15. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Or, since now this becoming completely off-topic, might I suggest Jon Bon Nebula's new hit, "I KNOW U WANT ME", from Dramedy Productions new fanfilm pizazz, QUEST FOR VENGEANCE. ;)

Just a thought... [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
  16. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Quick Tidbit:

I'm leaving tomorrow morning for Indiana for Thanksgiving. I'll be back Saturday afternoon sometime. Any Fanworks news updates will be taken care of at that time. The new CR should go up on the 30th or 1st, whenever I have time. And, yes, I do fully intend on being available by phone for the SWD on Sunday, and I am definitely recording the interview with KJA on Monday.

Right now, though, I'm packing up the laptop, so other than drop ins from the computer at my dad's back home, I'll be AFK from Fanworks for a few days.
  17. Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Have a safe trip and talk to you on Sunday :D
  18. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Back, safe and sound.

And . . .

Star Wars: The Radio Play just joined StarWarsFanworks.com. Hopefully that'll get them some traffic. It's the earliest fan audio production I've seen. It's a drama / parody (dramedy, I guess) that pre-dates even Jedi Talk by a year.
  19. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Lux Radio Theater's The Adventures of Luke Skywalker has joined Fanworks for a featured project page.

edit: fixed the italic fanworks
  20. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
  21. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    If you haven't checked the coming soon list lately at Fanworks:

March 24 (Wednesday): Smuggler's Run; TrekWars: The Furry Conflict: Chapter 1

April 1 (week from Thursday): ChronoRadio #14; ChronoRadio: Special Edition I (Revised); The Logan Chronicles: The Lost Patrol; and possibly Requiem of the Outcast #7
  22. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    possibly?! possibly?!?! when have he ever missed a release date. besides those 3 times.
  23. TigerClaw Force Ghost

star 1
    This is a cool site, I liked the blooper reels they posted on some of the audio dramas.
  24. keithabbott Force Ghost

star 4
    You'd think fanfilms.com would get updated as often considering the interest in fan films. But Nathan is a one man wrecking crew. He's the mighty oak! :) A site becomes kinda boring when the updates are far and few between. I don't think you could every say fanworks has been boring.

Keith
  25. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Yeah, I find that odd too.

But, then, I'm a wrecking crew. heh

Also helps that I have a vested interest in many of the friends and others who are part of the genre, and don't seem to be in it simply for the name recognition or media attention.

:: looks around innocently ::
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.