main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

STAR WARS FANWORKS: The Home of Star Wars Fan Audio

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by Nathan_P_Butler, Aug 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MatevKenas

MatevKenas Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2003
    Hell Nathan, even if you're just doing this for your own amusement, you're still getting recognized. As are all the Fan Audio makers, this is turning into the next big thing. I can safely say, "I have a good feeling about this..."

The Official Post Whore of Fan Audio.

2. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    True, true. We're getting our own panels at conventions for the genre as a whole now. All four of the current radio shows (well, if you count DL 2.0 as current) have had interviews now with notable personalities in both fandom and sanctioned Star Wars. I know for sure that CR has been noticed (for better or worse, depending on what time period) by Dark Horse and a handful of LucasBooks folks, both authors and otherwise.

What I really wonder about is the audio dramas. How much attention they've gotten outside of the fan community. I have a pretty good idea that I think some Dark Horse folks have heard a few of the audio dramas, and I know that the RON team said they had heard that some people at LFL had also heard Rise of Nobility, but you gotta wonder, y'know? Especially in light of comic adaptation audio dramas like Resurrection and the forthcoming A Summer's Dream.

3. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Yes, we did get a visit from Lucasfilms. And someone there heard the RoN because not only did I see it in our weblogs but a prominent audio reviewer contacted me saying he was recommended to speak to me about reviewing RoN and he was contacted by someone at LFL who he wouldn't tell me the name of.

I just found out the other day he really liked it too. I'm awaiting his review still, but no matter...someone at LFL heard it. I just don't know who all has heard it and if it was passed around. I also don't know if they've been to starwarsfanworks.com either.

As for Darkhorse, I have no idea. But I did briefly speak to Terry Moore about his story A Summer's Dream in a few emails. He was quite nice.

Keith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.