main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive STAR WARS: Fate of the Stars.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Radiance, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morkai

Morkai Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2005
    Andur Del Jinn

Telos

andur turned as the next wave of sith soldiers attacked, laser fire burning towards the jedi assembled on the roof, his saber spinning in tight concentric circles as he deflected their fire back at the sith host. the jedi around him fought back, the sith bolts being deflected back, cutting swathes through the on rushing hordes. It was in this maelstrom that Andur heard the internal speakers broadcast thier warning about the archives through the shattered, blasted hole in the roof. His eyes widened in alarm "Hold them here, im heading for the archive" he called out to the jedi near him. He leapt, somersaulting backwards into the hole, deflecting a couple of stray bolts back at their firers as he disappeared into the wound in the temples roof. As he landed he began running, the signs of battle everywhere as bodies lay unmoving in the snow that was blow in through the doors. Holding his data card up he followed the map through the cavernous temple, the sounds of fighting echoing through its elegant halls.

Eventually he skidded to a halt in the doorway of the archives, panting he re-ignited his saber and entered. He saw a cluster of sith warriors off to his right as leapt at them, his emerald blade weaving a path through them, several dying with screamed curses on their lips. He turned, the sith lay crumpled on the floor in various poses of death, Andur sunk to a knee taking in deep breathes of air, he looked down at himself and he could see several scorched lines in his tunic and trousers, he could feel the blistered wounds in his body itch as the cloth rubbed against him. Closing his eyes he drew on the force, willing his body to go on, standing he stalked deeper into the archives, the sith wouldn't take anymore from the jedi..not today.

TAG: All

2. Radiance

Radiance Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2007
    IC: Thane Tide

Thane stood slowly amidst the dust and rubble around him. He could feel Tanis was still there. The kick to the chin didn?t take the Sith out of the fight. But it certainly aggravated him.

That was good, Thane wanted him to know that he stood on equal footing with a Jedi.

As he searched the debris field before him, he felt another presence land behind him slightly.

Thane had to turn quickly to make sure it wasn?t Tanis. But he found it wasn?t, instead? it was a Nautolan. Someone that Thane was not familiar with. His lightsabers did not look familiar either.

"Are you alright? I was sent by the Temple on Coruscant to help."

Thane nodded and was about to reply when he felt the Force coming towards them.

?Watch out!?

Thane waved his hand in a sweeping motion in front of them and ripped a huge slab of the floor up to protect them from the blast. The Mystic crossed his arms in front of his face as the blast caused the slab to explode. A sharp piece of the explosion embedded itself into his left arm. He winced but did not cry out in pain. Thane was a warrior. Warriors got hurt sometimes. Besides?.

Thane was right handed?

His senses flared as Joran sent a wave of panic through the Force. He knew immediately.

The archives had been completely hacked.

Thane snapped his head back to the Nautolan beside him.

?If you want to help, find the archives and stop the Sith from getting out of here!?

A deep laughter filled the now empty hallway.

Tanis was now seen ?.floating? in the air? with his arms spread wide as the dust cleared from the wall impact earlier.

?You?re too late Mystic?.those files are already being transmitted to every Sith within a parsec of this location. In under a minute from now. We will know? what you.. know.?

Thane gritted his teeth and leapt high into the air, spinning his leg behind him and bringing it around hard at Tanis. The Sith continued to laugh as he held out a hand and stopped Thane?s leg with the Force, inches from his palm. He then turned the palm outwards and blasted Thane back down to the ground, creating a crater and yet more dust amongst the snow. Thane felt his left leg crack and he once again winced in pain.

Tanis raised his comm. to his mouth and spoke in a commanding voice.

?Start withdrawing, we got what we came for.?

He looked down at Thane who was struggling to get up.

?It would be a bit bothersome to kill you now Mystic? Until next time??

He gave a smirk to Kembo who hadn?t had a chance to leave yet. Going to the archives was useless now.

And then Tanis was blasted out of the air with a massive Force Push. He spun and landed on his feet by the main entrance. He looked back in aggravation to see what other Jedi was as strong as Thane.

His eyes went wide for a second before the smirk returned.

It wasn?t one Jedi. It was five members of the Jedi Council. All of them together had amounted a push only slightly stronger than Thane. He gave them all a cheery wave as he pulled the ceiling down around them, effectively blocking anyone being able to follow him. All around him Sith were retreating. Tanis sprinted out the main door and grimaced as he saw the suit jacket he had tossed aside, which was now tattered and torn.

?Another one I have to replace??

The Jedi were following several Sith through the openings towards the escape route. Most of the Sith fell in retreat. The Jedi here were relentless though. Tanis had to collapse a wall or two on his way out, killing some of his own men just to block the Jedi pursuing him.

Two members of the Council were helping Thane up as he limped out of the crater. His left arm was hanging limp at his side and his left leg was broken, along with the gash that was still trickling blood below his eye, he looked a mess in his dirty and torn white robe. Even so.. The Council member he was leaning on helped him hobble over to Kembo. He extended his good hand, balancing unsteadily on his right leg.

?Welcome to Telos my friend. I am sorry about not bei

3. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Kembo Sigra

"I'm Kembo Sigra, a Lone Wolf. Let me see if I can help with you injuries." Kembo said, he took out one of his travel medpacs and applied the contents to Thane's arm and facial injuries, he didn't have anything to set his leg regrettably, that would have to be handled by actual medics. "I'm sorry that I came too late. The Temple on Coruscant was also sacked, there are only a handful of Jedi left there, the Mandalorians have also come to the aid of the Republic. I'm not sure if your communications with the Temple were interrupted or not, thought I should inform you." he added. "Whatever the Sith are after it must be something in the archives, what is it that the Jedi have been trying to hide?" he asked. "I can only assume it's something to with with some ancient artifact or weapon, something that would give the Sith even more power than they already do." he added as he finished applying the contents of the medpac. "

Things haven't been this bad since the Purge almost two thousand years ago. Now the Jedi are right back where they started then, just a handful of Jedi against an impossible number of Sith." Kembo said rubbing his forehead with his fingertips. Looking back up at the mystic he stared him square in the eye. "If we don't do something soon, the Jedi will be erased from the galaxy. There are few options left to the order if they wish to survive. They can retreat and hide, but no, the Sith could still sense them. They could attempt a final assault, but they terribly outnumbered. They could try turning the Sith against themselves, that has worked in the past, their pride causing internal struggle, that might just work." he said more to himself looking away from the master when he went through the scenarios. He turned back to Thane. "The only way we could conceivably defeat the Sith is if we removed their advantage of numbers, the only way to do that is to either take them out ourselves, or have them take each other out. Personally I doubt we can take them on one on one, but turning them against each other, that could be easy." he said looking at Thane. "It may also be the only way to do this without directly threatening the surviving Jedi." he added.

TAG: Radiance

4. sith_hunter117

sith_hunter117 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2008
    IC: Logan Karr

Logan had been battling Sith for what seemed like hours. The small band of Jedi behind him had all fell, leaving Logan alone. He expressed a sigh of relief as he saw the Sith retreat, and left to find his surviving companions.

Logan searched around the roof until he finally saw Mystic Thane, along with a few members of the Council and another figure he did not recognize. He entered soon enough to hear the unknown Jedi's words, "Personally I doubt we can take them on one on one, but turning them against each other, that could be easy."

Logan stepped up and spoke. "Yes, I really hadn't thought of that. Turning the Sith against each other might work." And then he realized his obvious mistake. "Oh, sorry, I haven't introduced myself. My name is Logan Karr, one of the survivors from Coruscant, and yourself?"

TAG: chanbill, Radiance, Any

5. Littledawg

Littledawg Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2008

IC - Karn Fell

Karn Fell exited hyperspace above Dantooine. He didn't see any Sith Warships, but that didn't mean they were not there. He landed in close proximity to the Jedi Temple, but far enough away that he would not be seen on the ground. As he approached the temple he noticed that the temple felt dark, to dark for a location that was supposed to be full of Jedi. Then he came over a small hill and saw a sight that shocked him to his core, a small army had set up shop right next door, and the temple was in shambles and he also noticed the giant hole in the ceiling. "Well thats my way in." Karn said to himself.

Slowly, he approached the sith camp, then he decided, "If i look like a Sith, then those weak minded sith troops won't know the difference." So Karn pulled up his hood and covered his face from the eyes up.

"Halt, state your name and buisness here." One of the Sith troops said to Karn in a very commanding voice.

Karn glanced from side to side, then he said, "My name... my name?" He reached out with the force and began to choke the man. "My name is of no concern to you." The man died, and Karn looked straight at the other man. Who got on one knee and began begging for mercy and forgiveness. To put on a better show, Karn killed him too. Karn walked towards the temple, this was going to be a snap.

Tag: Radiance, anyone else.

6. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007

OOC: Sith_hunter, Just for consistency we will move your character to finding Thane and the council inside the temple, as they weren?t on the roof where you indicated seeing them.

IC: Thane Tide

Thane nodded and thanked Kembo for dressing his arm and facial cut. He was happy to see that Logan had been able to help out Oatti on the roof. Though he could only hope that Oatti himself had made it out alright. His power was drained again and he didn?t have the concentration to meditate it all back at the moment.

?You are right in that we won?t be able to go toe to toe with the Sith, if only because of our numbers. But as you can see around you? we are more than capable of fighting if it comes to it. As for what they are after, the Council and myself have been pondering, meditating, and flat out wandering the same thing for the past few days. It?s true that the Jedi on Coruscant were taken off guard and wiped out. But that is why we are here as well.?

Thane hopped over to a wall that was still standing. He leaned on it gently, testing it?s weight to see if it would collapse.

?We don?t have information regarding weapons in our archives??

Thane thought for a moment.

??but we do have information regarding knowledge of things. What if they were after holocrons? Many of them have been lost over the centuries but are no less valuable than the ones we have.?

Cad came walking up with both blasters drawn, took a quick glance around and reholstered both pistols.

?Mandalore had mentioned something about a holocron? maybe it?s related??

Thane closed his eyes in frustration.

?Well at least we have a direction now? question is, what holocron are they after, where is it, and why are they after it specifically??

Cad shrugged and was looking around and whistled.

?How many people did it take to do that??

Thane raised his hand wearily.

Cad simply stared at him and then back to the damage and shook his head.

?Remind me never to tick off a Mystic??

Thane went back to the original conversation.

?As to how we are going to defeat them, I would agree with you on making them turn on each other. But while that may be the easiest viable option, it?s still a daunting task. And there are a lot of constants in this scenario that aren?t playing out this time. A lot of what has happened so far has been due to an obvious study of the past. Both sides are learning from their mistakes. I don?t know if in-fighting is going to cut it this time..?

Tag all

7. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007

"If I know anything about the Sith it is that their lust for power can blind them, and the fear of losing it cause them to become unstable. They may have learned from prior mistakes yes, but have they learned to overcome their own innate weaknesses?" Kembo said. "The Sith will turn on each other with or without our help eventually, they will feel threatened by each other, fearful that one will seek to grasp at the power the other has, this will cause their dissolution. Our job would be seeking to hasten that dissolution, to do that one would have to place agents within the Sith lines, agents that could earn the trust of the leaders, and turn them against one another. This is difficult though, the Sith are very cautious, and won't easily warm up to someone. You'd need someone who can easily be a go between, somone they couldn't easily read, someone who could play either side, light and dark." Kembo added.

"As for them being after a holocron, I remember hearing about numerous holocrons being taken in the old wars, including several Sith holocrons. Those may be the very ones they're all after." Kembo said. "Now if there isn't anything else needed I think I'll go check to see if my ride here is still in one peice." he added heading for the exit.

8. Lord_Raziel

Lord_Raziel Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2007
    IC: Lord Nihl

?You have performed admirably against the Master you felled on the planet below. I believe that this is a slight redemption of sorts. Even though the prey you meant to corner, was not in the place you had intended. But a Temple of Jedi for one single upstart is an even trade off? for now. You have earned a rest. But know that you should not rest for too long? I am elevating Calen to the status of Lord. He will have equal privileges as you, save for having me as a resource. I am willing to teach, but not at your discretion, as you well know.?

"My master..."

Lord Nihl felt his Lord leave, a smile had crept upon his cowled face, very few were compliments gained from the Dark Lord of the Sith. When he had gone Lord Nihl stood, the entire hangar had gone quiet. Many whispered among themselves, Nihl's head turned slowly towards them all, systematically silencing them as his gaze pierced their souls.
    He saw the dead Admiral lying broken across he floor, none would question his authority or his place at his masters side, he was a bringer of death and chaos, now they all understood.

His men had already began filing out of their arrived transports and lining up in wait, a good five hundred men now stood in front of their lord and master, they were beautiful to behold...

Without a word he began moving towards the armoury, he knew what he wanted, he knew he needed something built, a symbol of his fame and a focal point of terror for the Jedi. As he reached the cavernous halls of the armoury he turned to the master artificer, motioning him to come up from his low bow.

"Master artificer, I would have you build me a suit of armour based upon my last set, however there will be some....drastic changes...."

The man smiled at the apprentice, "For you my lord, anything."

"Excellent, just what I like to hear..."

--

Lord Nihl roamed the endless racks of weapons and armour, heavy gun emplacement racks and systems and all manner or military gear. He had laid his plans with the weapon smith and became lost in thought. His men would need a new look as well, he must be recognized, his men must become his masters terror troops. Lord Nihl was shocked to have found the report of new recruits from different companies into his own, it seemed it was an honour and a prize to become a member of the Shadow Stalkers...a name that did not suit...he mused.

As he passed a darker corner of the room he noticed something, a silver mask sat discarded on its side, Lord Nihl reached with the force and brought it down to eye level. Its empty eye sockets looked sad, its features of someone in agony....someone who had seen oblivion and could not escape...perfect. Legion....thats what they would be be, fighting as one, one soul, one mind. Merciless and efficient. With the mask in hand, he slowly trod back over to the artificers tables, letting the mask slide across the smooth surface over the plans they were all huddled round.

"Gentlemen, we have work to do...."

--

Clasps were locked into place, energy conduits powered up, air tight filters hissed as the plates were fastened shut. The blue targeting screen powered up in the black, the reticle going from face to face with vital data, proposed actions and direction he was facing.

A symbol of the Sith Empire stood in the glow of the furnaces, white and shining in the darkness, the blue power lines across the armoured form pulsed with energy. The Sith battle armour was one of a kind, fully enclosed composite make up with cortosis weave embedded into it, no light saber would be very effective over short periods. Gold filigree was etched from his hardened greaves all the way to his armoured shoulders.
    The chest plate was magnificent, the Sith emblem surrounded by baroque symbols all embedded with gold and glowing blue with power. A master work achievement of skill and purpose, was easily go for a small fortune on the open market, but this was not the open market, this was the product of the Sith war engine. Nihl had scrapped the use of his old death mask and replaced it with a simple helme

9. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    IC: Calen Sirion
    Sith Medbay

The first thing Calen felt when he began to awaken was the dull, but still constant, feeling a pain around his legs. He felt the same from his left arm, though it was lessened considerably, and finally a point on the back of his head. Not much time had passed, perhaps a minute, before Calen awoke fully, and with it the memories of the battle that had led to his current injuries, mostly healed though they may be. A close one, he realized. But close or not he had won, and as that implied he had not failed.

It was another two hours before Calen was at last free from tank. He was still a bit sore on his legs, but unlike the Republic the Sith did not baby their recovering troops, something to partly build pain tolerance perhaps. Regardless, if given the choice, Calen would still have picked to get out of the tank early and deal with the soreness rather than being stuck in it, unable to do anything.

As soon as he had had the time to cleanse his body of the last remnants of kolto residue and dress, the medical droid handed him his datapad, with the instruction that Lord Daemon had requested Calen's presence in his personal command salon. And of course a request from Daemon was merely a politely stated order, but an order nonetheless.

Cleaned, garbed, and geared up Calen made his way to the Command section of the ship, pleased to be free of the tank's confinement, and able to get back to work again. A short time later found the assassin outside his destination. Pressing the chime, not that it was needed with the force as one's senses, and waiting a short moment he entered the command salon.

His legs carried him forward, betraying no signs of their soreness, before reaching Lord Daemon, and kneeling. "You asked for me, my lord?"

Tag: Radiance

10. Lord_Raziel

Sep 23, 2007
    IC: Raxus Nihl

Unaware of the meeting taking place on the same ship Lord Nihl moved with haste to ensure all was prepared to induct the very first Legionnaires of the Emperor into service. The Legio Custode as they would be called would be made up of the finest soldiers available mainly drafted from his very own Shadow Stalker unit. These men would be the first line of defense and the spear with which he struck, Lord Nihl wanted to strike terror into the hearts of the republic citizens, a blow so terrible they would never recover their morale.

Now was the time to make them look completely different from the rest of the Sith forces, for no one could be allowed to mistake them on the battlefield. They must be identifiable, he would use the people's fears against them, rumors that would spread to break them before any fighting began.

To start these rumors however, certain acts would have to be performed and survivors would have to exist to tell of them. Lord Nihl was lost in thought, he knew the galaxy map well, he knew he must choose a very public planetary system, and someone of seemingly untouchable power to topple. No one could be safe from the Legion, he would be certain of that.

tag all

11. Morkai

Mar 29, 2005
    IC: Andur Del Jinn

Telos

as the battle slowly died down, Andur made his way through the scarred temple, he made his way past groups of apprentices who, under the supervision of knights were beginning to remove dead sith from the temples hallways and galleries. Though his wounds were paining him he still made good progress as he made his way to the council chambers, andur assumed the council would meet as soon as possible to discuss the attack and wanted to be there incase a plan to strike back was formulated. Andur turned into the counicl chambers and came up behind Cad "glad you made it" he said to the Mandalorian as he came to a halt beside him "It would get quite boring around here if you were taken out of action" he said with a wry smile as he took in the discussion taking place. He spoke up "the co-ordination of this attack speaks of a discipline that has been lacking in the sith before this war, somthing has changed, they are too organised for us to rely on the divisiveness of the dark side to give us an edge...we need to act...the question is...how".

TAG: Radiance, all

12. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    IC: Daemon Alario

Daemon turned as Calen walked in and kneeled.

?Rise young Sith. Your actions have pleased me. While it did take something of an effort for you to accomplish the task I set you, you did so with bitter efficiency. I rather like that??

Daemon flipped his cape off of his arm and drew his lightsaber, the crimson long blade extending just under Calen?s chin, forcing him to raise his head slightly or risk being burned.

?Your actions helped destroy a Cell of Jedi on a planet that I had planned on attacking anyway. So in a way, you helped facilitate my will. This galaxy is going to fall, young Calen?. It will fall into utter destruction once the Jedi are out of the picture. And who will be left standing? Only the strong. You have proven to me that you are strong. Strong willed and very talented. I reward those that are helpful to me??

Daemon let the blade slip just by Calen?s neck. One flick to the left and the younger man would no longer have a head.

But Daemon did not flick his blade left. Instead he brought it up and around, and rested it an inch above Calen?s left shoulder.

?In light of that? I hereby Knight you?. Calen Sirion, Lord of the Sith.?

Daemon deactivated his blade and returned it to his hip.

?You now have the rights and privlages of Lord Nihl, with the exception of being my official apprentice. Should you have questions about any training, you may ask. But do so with caution and an open mind. For I do not repeat myself, and meaningless questions will do nothing but anger me??

Daemon turned and sat down at his desk.

?Now? your current assignement is going to be redesignated. You are to no longer follow Lord Nihl. I want you to continue on with his mission and erase the upstart that has proved nothing more to your skill than a minor annoyance. But as history tells us, minor annoyances have a way of making themselves rather large thorns. I want this man exterminated, take what resources you need. I will assign a commando unit that will be a bit more to your tastes than a platoon. Four individuals who are skilled in espianoge and stealth. Use them as you wish, or not at all. Either way they are at your command. I invite you to go and meet them when you are ready, and embark on your mission as soon as you are prepared. As for Lord Nihl??

Daemon looked down at a security feed that had been hacked at the assault on Telos. It depicted a man in green robes decapitating one of Daemon?s most skilled Masters.

?I have other plans for him??

Tag Yuul

OOC: OOOOOOOHHHH Does Andur feel a Chill down his spine? Did he sneeze? Does he feel like someones talking about him? CREEEEPYYYYYYYY!!

Yuul go ahead and make the four commandos as you want. I will control three out of the four unless you want me to hold them in complete control. They are pretty much a squad like Delta from republic commando. But not as obvious.

13. sith_hunter117

Jul 18, 2008

Logan was already starting to feel like the young one in the conversation, which was a fact. He was among experienced and seasoned Jedi, but Logan wasn't just going to wait around for the elders to make the decisions, he was going to be a part of it too. After all, he was the one who escaped from Coruscant, gathered Karn and Andur, and discovered the hidden temple on Telos, uniting the Jedi. His opinion should matter.

But then, Logan thought back to the events that took place only some time ago. It had felt like ages since he had killed all those people in the Crimson Corridor, how he had disobeyed orders, even though in the long run, it didn't matter. He went against the Jedi Code for his personal satisfaction.

His reminiscence of those events also brought him back to Kashyyk, where he had failed negotiation with the Wookies, even though all he had to do was take advantage of a favor clearly laid out for him. While everyone else was discussing, Logan was thinking about all the times he had failed, and had only succeeded by luck. He kept bringing up all the reasons why he shouldn't even be part of the conversation, just because he didn't want to mess up again. So he kept his mouth shut, and kept his head down.

TAG: Any

14. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    IC: Thane Tide/Cad Ordo

Thane nodded with a smile as Andur walked up. He looked torn, burned and bruised. But was showing no sign of being half as bad as he looked. Thane had immediately respected the man for his legend. But now that he had seen it first hand, Thane was utterly impressed.

Cad on the other hand, had seen it before and seemed oblivious to the entire world. He seemed to snap out of his own little world as Andur talked to him from right next to the Mandalorian.

?Eh? Oh, yeah, right I am still here. Looks like I missed a bit of fun up here but?. I was down in the basement? ?Chilling? ? with the younglings. Eh? EH??

He elbowed one of the Masters who looked at him with a stony, humorless expression.

?Chilling? because?. It?s cold here and?. We were in the basement.. which is col?der? No? Right then, I can pretty much tell you that we aren?t going to beat the Sith by turning them on each other. Not this time. They are loyal to that Daemon guy. And his agent?s treat him like he was the Father that they fear like if they just crashed his brand new speeder, but also respect him enough not to question his judgment. That?s why your main branch at Coruscant was taken off guard. Unfortunately Mandalore got there just a tad too late to really save anyone.?

Thane nodded from his position at the wall.

He knew that they could have used Cad in the battle before, he had known Cad for a while now, he was brave and skilled. Every time he had brought medical supplies to the Temple, Cad had always found time to play with the children, and always managed to teach them something useful in the process. Honestly, Thane didn?t understand why the Council insisted on keeping Cad?s affiliation with them a secret from outsiders. It was one of the many things that Thane simply left alone. He was here to help, not question.

As he was thinking to himself, Joran came limping up slowly, he had a cloth over his left eye and his face was blackened with soot and carbon burns. Thane nodded to him in recognition for surviving the battle.

?I have the count? Mystic Thane..?

And there it was? the information that was silently irking the backs of many brains right now.

?? What is it Joran? How many did we lose??

Joran tilted his head to the ground.

?Twenty two?.?

Thane nodded to himself.

?And the Sith??

Joran had a bit of a spark in his eye as he looked over at his older friend.

?One Hundred-seventy five?

Thane?s eyebrow raised to the destroyed ceiling. The Sith had gotten more than a bloody nose from getting their information.

Thane looked at the Jedi Council members.

?Looks like the training has been going well.?

The Masters nodded with a smirk.

One of them stepped forward and placed a hand on Thane?s shoulder.

?Mystic Tide? we will leave the planning to you on how you want to proceed. We need to start our healing process and get the holes in our defenses patched.?

Thane bowed his head lightly and the Masters left the group to their planning. Thane looked at Logan who seemed to be off in his own mind thinking deeply.

?Logan, you were at Coruscant, did you see this Daemon person? What was he like??

Tag sith_hunter, all

15. sith_hunter117

Jul 18, 2008

Logan glanced up, surprised by the use of his name. He thought back to his battle with the Sith Lord, how he knew he could've defeated him, how close he felt. But he had lost, and he fled, leaving the Jedi Master to die.

"Daemon Alario is aggressive and cocky, like any Sith. When I dueled him, he intimidated me and provoked and anger and hate I had bottled up inside me. But he isn't invincible, and like the Mandalorian said, the Sith worship him. Maybe, if we can find a way to kill him, not anyone else, just him, the Sith would crumble from the inside. They would be scared that they don't have a leader, and will destroy each other. I'm not saying this is the only resolution, but it's definitely a suggestion." He looked among the Jedi, hoping for a sign of approval.

16. Lord_Raziel

Sep 23, 2007

As he rounded a corner the apprentice stopped, he felt the thoughts of his master fall upon him. Like an oppressive shadow, lurking on the inside of his mind. Without another thought Lord Nihl wheeled, his cape whirling behind him, his footsteps filled with purpose and grace, inside the ornate helmet he smiled to himself, not only would this give him an assignment, but Raxus could present his gift.

Raxus moved through the winding corridors, passed hundreds of Sith crew members, their eyes turning downward as he passed, finally they had learnt their place. His white armoured boots clanging off the steel floors as he moved, he was soon to be recognized as the Emperors hand, commander of the Legion, the ultimate fear of the Sith Empire. His men were ready, he had seen to that, he reached down absent mindedly to his ornate belt, the holo projector firmly clasped there.

"Captain Derzan, meet me at the Emperors suit, bring your most loyal sergeants, make sure you are seen in full regalia.."

A harsh voice came through his helmet, for them all this was the moment. "Yes my Lord, The Emperor Wills It."

Finally things were prepared, no one in the Empire could forsee the events that would unfold. Not even Daemon himself, the face of the Sith was about to change.

Lord Nihl arrived at the suit, his men were already there, he turned to the door and opened it, his Master sitting quietly, he knew he would come.

Tag radiance.

17. Morkai

Mar 29, 2005

Telos

Andur leant in closer to Cad "its seems your joke had a cold reception huh?" he said with a lopsided grin, deciding he would try to top Cad's bad joke with his own. He turned to observe the conversation between Logan and Thane, he wanted to know as much about this sith lord as he could, as he knew that the only way to victory was knowledge of your foe. As he waited for Logan to begin his story he thought back to the sith master he had killed in the entrance hall, the mans skill had been consumate, his technique compensating for the lack of speed his over developed upper body would create. Andur mentally ran the fight through his head again and again, looking for elements of his foes style he could adapt in his own, there were several effective forms yet he knew they would not mesh with his own unique way of combat, yet when he married some of the masters techniques with those of the sith he had faced on Dxun he saw that they created a highly unpredictable form that he could adapt to compliment his own acrobatic style.

Andur had learned long ago that the key to true mastery of the art of combat was to evolve, always adapt yourself to match the situation and make your enemies strengths work against them, to seem weak were you are strong and strong where you are weak. He knew that each mans style was unique...like a signature, and by learning from it you could understand the man behind it and this lead to victory for those that knew what to look for. He cut from his reverie as Logan spoke "Daemon Alario is aggressive and cocky, like any Sith. When I dueled him, he intimidated me and provoked and anger and hate I had bottled up inside me. But he isn't invincible, and like the Mandalorian said, the Sith worship him. Maybe, if we can find a way to kill him, not anyone else, just him, the Sith would crumble from the inside. They would be scared that they don't have a leader, and will destroy each other. I'm not saying this is the only resolution, but it's definitely a suggestion."

Andur couldn't help but smile, clapping a hand to Logans shoulder he said "Ambitious, lad, i'll give you that". Turning to the others he said "Logan does have a point, if we could neutralized Deamon it should shatter the Sith, his leading masters and apprentices would tear each other apart". He turned and went back to his place next to Cad "Killing him at the moment many not be an option, but maybe we could draw him away from the main conflict for awhile...hold his attention somewhere while the republic and Mandalorians regain some lost ground, and regaining the inititative" he sighed "this war will not end quickly..we have to take a longer view, asnd try to force the Sith onto the back foot".

18. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007

"It seems your joke had a cold reception huh?"

Cad turned slowly to his left, staring at Andur through his helmet visor.

???Indeed!?

Thane shook his head at the two. Even in a time like this they were joking. It spoke worlds about the men in front of him. It showed Thane that they were both unafraid of things to come. They would not stop being themselves regardless of if they faced the dark lord himself. It brought cheery thoughts to Thane?s mind.

He listened as Logan outlined Daemon Alario, then nodded.

?That sounds about right for someone in that position. He likely thought that he would obliterate the Temple in his strike, which is why he showed up himself instead of sending his apprentice alone with the army.?

Andur spoke up again about possible action. Thane couldn?t agree more.

?Well the first step is obvious enough, we need to heal up before we do anything. Then we will need to think of a way to get Daemon?s attention isolated from his plans, get him away from his zone of safety. I think that doing that includes this holocron everyone is looking for. We need more information on it. The information inside is something that Daemon is willing to risk everything for. So it would be in our best interests to find it first. We bought ourselves a little window here with what we accomplished.?

Cad looked over to Thane and tilted his head slightly.

?How do you figure that??

Thane moved his gaze to the mandalorian. ?I figure that? because his greatest Force User ran into me? Tanis is going to go back and tell his Master that they need to exercise caution. It probably wont stop Daemon but for a moment but he will need to re-evaluate his plans to encompass the strength of the men and women here. According to our recent messages, he hasn?t gotten to Tython yet. If he had a problem with the small Temple here? He wont go to Tython without a better plan than just rushing in to take what he wants. It seems pretty obvious to me what his goals are right now. Kill the Jedi to the last man, and find something to help him do it. Whether or not one goal comes before the other is hard to say.?

Cad rested his fists on his hips.

?Tython eh? Never been there before. How well do you have it defended??

Thane smiled.

?There is a technique that very few Jedi and Sith know of. It allows you to ? mask or camouflage your aura in the Force, letting it blend in with the universe and effectively making you invisible unless someone is looking directly at you. But Tython is the birth place of our Order, we have a city out there??

Cad?s helmet tilted back slightly as if he were surprised.

?You said it was something that only a few people knew how to do. Not that there was an entire City of people who could do it.?

Thane nodded.

?The man who trained me to ascend to the level of Mystic resides there. His aura blankets the entirety of the City. It is a very difficult job, I do not know if I would be able to do it. He simply meditates every hour of every day, hooked up to machines to keep him nourished without having to give it conscious thought. He protects them in a similar fashion that I protect the Jedi here. He masks their presence from the Sith, while I train to destroy them. Tython is our absolute last line of defense. If that City falls?. All is lost.?

Cad glanced from Andur, to Logan, to Joran, and back to Thane.

?Okay.. so? we go to Tython to bolster their defenses. I can contact Mandalore to send some ships to help.?

Thane nodded and pushed off of the wall.

?I am going to go get my leg looked at. Logan, would you please go and check to see if Knight Oatti is alright? Cad, make your preparations and find out if our new arrival? Kembo is alright, if his ship needs to be hauled into the hangar, take some apprentices and see that it happens if you would be so kind.?

Joran slipped his arm under Thane?s waist and let the Mystic lean on him.

?Andur, would you come with me please? I would like to speak with you concerning a matter of importance.?

Afte

19. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007

It didn't take as long for Kembo to reach the ship as it did to reach the Temple, he entered it and saw a very perturbed Kalarta working in the engineering section. "Will you look at this, those blasted fighters hit right in the core engine control circuitry, this is infuriating! It'll take me days to repair all of this damage." she said with a groan. "What are you staring at?" he asked with an irritated tone as she spotted Kembo looking at her.

"Sorry, just looking at the person who was supposed to get me off this rock." he said with a small smile, knowing that using his trademark smirk would get him the smack of his life. "I need to find where the Sith are consolidating their forces, if I can find where they are, maybe I can help plan a successful assault." he added.

"Well unless you can find a different ride you're stuck here for a while." Kalarta said pointing over her shoulder to the busted engine systems.

"I'll see what I can get from the Temple, if they even have anything left." Kembo commented. "I'll be back in a few hours." he said before turning and heading back for the temple. "You know this place would be a lot nicer...if it weren't so cold." he said grinning as he exited into the frigid winter air once more. It took him a few hours to trek back to the Temple, when he entered he immediately went in search of Thane. It was quite easy to find him when Kembo ended his search, having a Mandalorian there was something of a give away.

"Master Thane, I'm afraid that I'm stuck here for a while, if you have any requests of me that involve leaving that my take a few days. However I'm more than happy to help out around here until my pilot has finished repairs to our ship. I might even be able to pin-point what exactly they're looking for, based on whatever data they've taken we can try and extrapolate what they might be after by checking what they went after first." Kembo said. "We find out what they're after, exactly what they're after, then we either bargain, or destroy it." Kembo said. "Any thoughts?" he added his face serious.

20. sith_hunter117

Jul 18, 2008

Telos felt colder as Logan stepped through the Temple. He observed the many dead and wounded Jedi and Sith. He tried not to think about death, it was a touchy subject for Logan. Just the thought of your soul leaving your body makes Logan shiver, and yet, he had performed this action many times.

The stairwell to the rooftop was blocked by young padawans and apprentices that were rushing around, worried if their friends and fellow Jedi had been hurt. Logan had to slowly wade through them just to put his foot on the first step. But he was not worried about getting to his destination quickly, in fact, he wanted to get more time to think about the events following the Crimson Corridor. He thought it would help put his mind at ease; it didn't.

Logan's mind was filled with so many thoughts: "Could I have done something different here?" "What if I didn't do this here?" "Could I have saved the Jedi Order if I did what I was supposed to do here?" His head couldn't handle the capacity of his thoughts, and he almost caught himself tripping on one of the steps.

It seemed like an eternity had passed before he had reached the rooftop of the Temple. He knew he could've taken the elevator, but Logan was never one for advanced technology. He finally spotted Oatti, "Hey, are you alright, everyone's downstairs in the Temple, I think we might have an idea what our next step is going to be."

TAG: slumvillage, Radiance, Any

21. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    OOC: Had to retype this(short though it may be) a couple times, still not completely happy with it.
    IC: Calen Sirion

?Rise young Sith. Your actions have pleased me. While it did take something of an effort for you to accomplish the task I set you, you did so with bitter efficiency. I rather like that??

Calen felt a sudden surge of heat next to his neck as Lord Daemon ignited his blade, a single flick of his wrist would have resulted in Calen falling to the ground, headless no doubt. But if that had been the dark lord's goal, he would not have drawn it out like this in private, and somehow Calen didn't think he was summoned here to be executed.

?Your actions helped destroy a Cell of Jedi on a planet that I had planned on attacking anyway. So in a way, you helped facilitate my will. This galaxy is going to fall, young Calen?. It will fall into utter destruction once the Jedi are out of the picture. And who will be left standing? Only the strong. You have proven to me that you are strong. Strong willed and very talented. I reward those that are helpful to me??

The strong. In that context, for all intents and purposes, strong meant the Sith. The Sith were survivors, despite what the jedi had tried in the past, the Sith remained. The Sith survived. And under Lord Daemon, they had flourished.

Calen felt the heat of the dark lord's crimson blade pass from under his next, moving to hover an inch above Calen's left shoulder.

?In light of that? I hereby Knight you?. Calen Sirion, Lord of the Sith.?

The assassin barely noticed the deactivation of Lord Daemon's energy blade, indeed for a moment Calen's own surprise actually registered on his face, briefly at least. It quickly faded back into a mask of calm though no doubt this did little to fool Daemon, not that Calen had tried. But still, a lord, he'd earned the rank of a Sith Lord, and all the privileges that entailed.

?You now have the rights and privileges of Lord Nihl, with the exception of being my official apprentice. Should you have questions about any training, you may ask. But do so with caution and an open mind. For I do not repeat myself, and meaningless questions will do nothing but anger me??

Calen, once again having masked his emotions, listened to the dark lord's words carefully and attentively.

?Now? your current assignement is going to be redesignated. You are to no longer follow Lord Nihl. I want you to continue on with his mission and erase the upstart that has proved nothing more to your skill than a minor annoyance. But as history tells us, minor annoyances have a way of making themselves rather large thorns. I want this man exterminated, take what resources you need. I will assign a commando unit that will be a bit more to your tastes than a platoon. Four individuals who are skilled in espianoge and stealth. Use them as you wish, or not at all. Either way they are at your command. I invite you to go and meet them when you are ready, and embark on your mission as soon as you are prepared. As for Lord Nihl??

The assassin spotted the Daemon's glance at the small image panel, idly wondering what, or rather who, was on it. No doubt they would soon lay dead, for despite Calen's disagreements with Nihl on to carry through a task, the dark lord's apprentice was just as lethal as the assassin, in a different way of course.

?I have other plans for him??

Sensing a dismissal of sorts, Calen bowed before leaving, his thoughts in many places at once...

Tag: None really
    OOC: More of a filler post I suppose. Still not happy with it. I'll try to get on to the commandos in this evenings post.

22. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    OOC: Well? I was kind of expecting someone to post this weekend, but I guess I can push on a little?

Cad had been more than obliged to go and help out with other people. While he did feel fulfilled with what had happened in the lower levels of the Temple, he had wished he had been in the thick of battle.

He knew however that the job had been necessary. The Sith had been everywhere and the younger Jedi, who had been too young for battle against fully grown opponents, had to be protected. The other warriors had been needed elsewhere and so he had elected to stay behind and hold the corridor against the enemy.

All of the children had survived, which was always a plus in his eyes. Only one or two men had come down to that corridor, probably having been lost in the Temple. Cad had cut them down in blasterfire before they had a chance to figure out what was happening.

Now he was in a heavy duty hauler ship, making his way out to where Kembo and his pilot had crashed. Once their ships were linked up, Cad smacked the tractor beam down onto the damaged vessel and towed it back to the temple hangar. He didn?t have the mystical ?Force? that people like Thane depended on. If for only that reason, he was happy in helping with the smaller tasks.

Back at the Temple however Thane was cut off from his questions in the medbay when Kembo found him and Andur.

He listened as the Nautolan spoke to him about the smaller troubles. He smiled gently at the man before responding.

?Unfortunately for us, they didn?t just rip a section, they downloaded the whole thing. Finding what they were after would be the same as trying to find a needle in a swimming pool of needles when all of them look exactly the same. As for leaving, I don?t think any of us are going anywhere for a few days anyway. But our next stop is going to be Tython. I hate to leave this Temple the way it is, but the Sith got what they came for. I think they are assuming that whatever they are looking for is going to make just walking over this place and forgetting about what happens, easy work. But we have to get to Tython and warn them about an impending attack. There are no communications with them via electronics, so we have to go there in person. We will leave for the Hidden City when we are all space capable and ready to go.?

His attention returned to the room itself as a healer finally made their way over to take a look at him.

The healer looked at him and smiled as her hands moved to Thane?s leg. Thane himself could feel the Force gathering around her hands as she started to feel out how bad the damage was. Thane barely winced as the Force guided the broken bone back into place with an audible crack.

The healer fused the bone back together with her power and felt the bones with her fingers gently.

?Stay off of it Mystic??

Thane winked and smiled.

?You know me??

She stood with a serious look on her face.

?Yes.. I do.. which is why I said it??

She walked away and left the trio to themselves. He could heal his own arm and the cut under his eye wasn?t serious.

He looked back to Kembo briefly while still waiting for Andur to think about what he had said.

?What are your plans with us Kembo? While we certainly appreciate your help in any fashion, we still need to keep our affairs in order. I know you aren?t a Jedi but we here at this Temple do things a certain way. We link together easily, if you travel with us, will you be able to join us without causing problems??

tag Morkai, Chanbill

23. Morkai

Mar 29, 2005

Telos

?You said when you first got here? that the Order made you choose between your wife or the Jedi. Obviously you chose your wife. And you also obviously care about what happens to us, otherwise you wouldn?t be here. What if things had changed? What if holding a family was not a damnable factor of being one of us? would you think of coming back???. Andur leant against the bed next to thane's and stroked his chin, deep in thought, when he gave up the order he had accepted the fact that he would never be a Jedi again, and though it had pained him he had moved on and found another life with his family. Now here was a chance to have it all back, to be Jedi again was something he had never considered except in idle flights of fancy.

Andur looked up as Thane stopped talking to a Nautolan that had joined them as Andur had considered Thane's proposal. He silently watched as the too men talked and waited till this Kembo, apparently another force user not affilitaed to the Jedi had finished with Thane. Only after they had spoken did Andur Answer Thane "Than, if the Jedi recinded their order against Jedi having families i would gladly come back, though i was stripped of the title i have always remaind a Jedi at heart".

24. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007

"Well, I don't know...I can be quite the handful." Kembo said, grinning slightly, then laughing as he hung his head. "I'm more than capable of keeping in line, I may not be Jedi, but I have trained myself to follow the same discipline. You will find that outside of the order, I'm probably the closest thing to a Jedi out there. The Council saw no problem in letting me go when we first met, they even offered to train me, but I declined that offer, I prefer to follow my own path, and right now that path leads me to help the Jedi in any way I can, even at the cost of my own life." he added, he then knelt before the Jedi. "I pledge my blades, I pledge my service, and I pledge my life to the Jedi Order, until such time as they are safe once more." he said, he then stood.

"As to our communication problem, is it possible we could use the Force to at least send a warning. It will take much effort, and multiple Jedi, but we should be able to send at least a strong enough tremor to alert those on Tython." Kembo said. "It's worth a shot at the very least." Kembo said.

25. Lord_Raziel

Sep 23, 2007

?Take these and go hunt this former Jedi??

Lord Nihl rose slowly, his emotions hidden behind his ornate helmet, his master was the one true Emperor of the Sith and his actions could not be questioned. He gripped his new weapons tightly in his armoured gauntlets, he would test them soon enough. But not yet, he could feel the power residing within them, something terrible had happened to their last user....something that Lord Nihl would now do to this...Andur..

"My Lord, may I present to you the new Legionnairres, they are loyal to you and to you alone, they are the Legio Custode. The Emperors hand and by your will shall I use it to eradicate your enemies off the face of the universe."

Lord Nihl gestured at the men standing beside him, their black armour was replaced with white composite plates, their helmets were the same masked faces of agony. Their gear was flawless, the Sith symbol slammed firmly on their chest plate and shoulder guards.

"By your will my Emperor, this Andur will be made to feel pain, pain that he has never felt before, or ever feel again. If I have the co-ordinates of his family, I will hunt them down, the planet will not be able to hide them."

Before his master could respond Lord Nihl and his personal guard had swept out of the room, his black cape billowing behind him. He knew his master would not think much of the ultimate display of loyalty from him nor the new Legion that had been created, but inside the ship were five hundred elite soldiers, all ready to die for him. All geared up identically, like a tide of vengeance they would fall upon his enemies, the white Legionnairres would become fear, never to retreat, never to surrender, they would eradicate all before them. This was his answer to the Mandalorian threat, let the Republic tremble at Lord Nihl's personal guard to the Emperor.

His mission was clear, find the family...let Andur come to him, there would be no escape now.

Tag all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.