main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive STAR WARS: Fate of the Stars.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Radiance, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radiance

Radiance Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2007
    IC: Thane/Andur/Cad

Andur was using all of his skill to fend off the Sith Lord before him. It was incredible to see someone so young with more skill than the Sith Master that Andur had felled on Telos. But where Raxus Nihl had prodigious skill with his lightsabers, he simply lacked in season compared to Andur.

Andur was more than 20 years the Sith?s senior. He had trained from birth, as Raxus had, but Andur had seen much more action than Raxus could have predicted. Sometimes it wasn?t about who was faster or stronger.

Sometimes it was about who was smarter.

Andur had to shout above the sand storm, which was getting increasingly bitter. They would have to leave soon or things could get dangerous not only from battle, but from mother nature, of which they couldn?t outrun.

?Raxus Nihl! Ordinarily I would give you a chance to surrender and change your ways. But I sense the Dark Taint on you. You aren?t worth saving boy. Daemon has corrupted you and made you rotten to your very core.?

Thane felt a pulsing in his senses from Andur. He knew what he had to do. He had to smile to himself from his position as the Sith troopers began to train weapons on him.

They really thought that he couldn?t hurt them from where he was.

?Children? please stand behind me so that my body covers you okay??

The kids nodded silently and moved to comply. They knew now that Thane was here to help, not to hurt them.

Thane held out both hands before him and closed his eyes. Golden outlines began to etch into his minds eye, in the exact spots that the troopers were that were taking aim at him and the kids.

??bang??

He felt the terminator point snap in his mind and his fists clenched. The barrels of the rifles and various blasters that were pointed at him crimped closed, and became bent and contorted. At the same instant, most of the men had received the order from their squad leader to open fire.

With no escape route for the energy to bleed out, the pent up force exploded in the closed barrels. Many of them spewed fire backwards onto their owners. Screams erupted into the night storm as the raging wind did nothing but make the plasma fires worse.

Thane felt the missiles coming right before they got too close. His hands shot open again and grabbed the projectile explosives with his mind, then wrenched up as the round tube like missiles changed course. He sent a prickle in the Force to Andur who leapt immediately backwards with the parting words to Raxus.

?We will meet again Sith. I?ll be coming for my wife. If she?s hurt when I see her, I?ll see you get a slow and painful death..?

At the end of his sentence, the Missiles impacted in the area where the two bladesmen had been standing before.

The resulting explosion rocked the ground and sent even more dust and sand and debris into the storm around them.

By the time the smoke had cleared, such as it was with the storm? Andur, Thane, and both children were nowhere to be seen.

Cad was digging his way out of his hiding spot when they reached him though he was half submerged in sand and was having trouble getting out again.

?Little help please??

Thane lifted his hand and Cad was plucked out of his hole easily. Thane let gravity bring the man back to the ground.

?Thanks..?

A blaster bolt pinged off of Cad?s shoulder and dropped him back to a knee as he swore.

?Stang! They found us already.?

He looked around and saw that Thane and Andur were across from him on the other hill already, and had a child in front of them on their bikes. Thane touched his ear comm. and was shouting to Cad.

?Lets go Mando. Get the lead out we need to leave now!?

Cad was mumbling as he ran to his bike and mounted up. They wouldn?t be able to just blast off of the planet with the sand storm as bad as it was now. But at least they could get out of the range.

All three men blew out of the area with their precious cargo. Thane had his hood up again and yelled above the noise to his passenger.

?Close your eyes and mouth and keep your head down,

2. JediHighlander

JediHighlander Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2009
    IC: Titania

The alarm from the console awoke her. Eyelids fluttered as consciousness returned. Her hands came up to rub the sleep from her eyes. She started to stretch and her hands met the cool transparasteel of her cockpit. Grimacing, unable to relieve her stiff muscles, she returns her attention to the controls.
    ?T4 what?s our status??

Fuel reserves at 40%, all systems in the green, hyperspace exit in ten minutes.

?About time.? She readied the ship for exit, and waited the few minutes till reversion. The swirl of hyperspace shattered into the thousands of fixed stars that was real space. In the distance a brown planet rotated in orbit around twin suns? wait? twin suns?
    ?Telos isn?t a binary system. This can?t be right. T4 what?s our location??
    Her little astrodroid rotated his optical to find fixed star constellations.

Outer Rim, Arkanis Sector, Tatoo System.

Tatoo system? That meant the planet dead ahead had to be Tatooine. But she had set course for Telos? hadn?t she?
    ?T4 did something go wrong with the calculations??

Negative my calculations were overridden.

?Overridden? By who?
    Even through the data connection to the cockpit T4?s reply sounded incredulous

You did.

T4?s answer flabbergasted her. She had no memory of setting course for Tatooine. ?T4 do we have enough fuel to make it to Telos??

Negative.

With a sigh she set course for the planet. She would have to fuel up before resuming her course to Telos. A tickling on the back of her neck drew her attention back to the planet. Something was wrong there. Closing her eyes she reaches out with the Force. The planet, while seeming like a harsh and lifeless rock, was abundant with life. Sifting through the layers of information the Force was showing her she found a presence that was familiar, but she couldn?t place it. It felt both relieved and worried at the same time. She could also feel a darkness on the planet, a rage that could only be fueled by the darkside. The familiar one suddenly vanished from her senses, and all she could get was an echo of its previous location.
    She nudged the throttles forward, her destination was the last location of the familiar presence she had felt. Now she knew why she had ended up at Tatooine. The Force had guided her here for a purpose, and while she didn?t know what that purpose was, she decided it was best to not be late to find it.

TAG Radiance, anyone

3. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    IC: Thane/Andur/Cad/ Bella/Ganner?.. *takes a breath*
    Thane was showing Ganner how to meditate properly when his mind was brought back to the battle. He thought about it and as he retraced steps back in his mind, he found that there had been a familiar presence nearby.

He strained his mind as tried to figure out who it had been. The presence had been one he was accustomed too. After five minutes he realized that it had been that of Jedi Knight Titania.

It worried him that another Jedi would come out this close to the Sith Lord. He didn?t doubt anyone?s skill but had an innate defense mechanism that made him feel obligated to defend anyone that wasn?t him.

Thane couldn?t reveal his position though, and that meant that Titania could be in danger if Raxus was still on the planet. It was risky to send a transmission as he had to Kembo.

It was then that he realized he didn?t know what vessel she was on. It was too dangerous to reveal himself to her to guide her away or towards them. He had a feeling Raxus was monitoring any overt Force use at this point, for the Sith would know that the Jedi were stranded just like he was until the storm subsided.

Stang? I can?t let her fall right into his hands, and she isn?t shielding her presence?

Thane would have to wait and see. Things were going to get interesting quickly. Either Titania would be stranded on the planet like everyone else until the storm broke, or she was going to find Raxus and either fight and be killed, or sense his strength and leave.

Thane had to wait until something happened before he could make a move.

Tag Raziel, Jedihighlander

4. sith_hunter117

sith_hunter117 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2008
    OOC: Hey guys, I'm really sorry I haven't been posting lately. School has been tough and I haven't got time in the first week. I'll post later, but can someone drop me a PM telling me whats been happening? I'd really appreciate it. :)

5. Lord_Raziel

Lord_Raziel Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2007
    IC: Raxus Nihl

An armoured fist burst through an area of rubble, the rockets had sent him flying backwards. He rose slowly, his blue conduits dimming slightly, his emotions were controlled, his powers radiating from him like an abyss.

The sand storm was whirling about them still, a few of his men rejoined him, their weapons held ready. Without words they moved away to one of the shuttles, a report was sounded, the rest of the Legion were ready to descend upon the planet as soon as the storm cleared.

Andur had escaped for now...his powers were infamous, but Raxus knew this would be kill or be killed when they met next. The other master would prove a problem, he was not suited to fighting such a powerful mystic. Andurs words haunted Raxus for a moment, his eyes piercing in the storm, he knew he was a pawn of Daemon..but that was the will of the force.

The armoured drop ship took off, its weapon system firing upon what remained of the ranch. It skimmed low to the ground, its powerful engines keeping it aloft in the hellish conditions. The pilots had long switched to an alternate system, their vision as clear as day in the ruinous weather.

The cloaked figure of Lord Nihl sat quietly, his mind concentrated on the force, he stretched his powers like dark fingers. He would find them...he must find them, as he searched another presence entered the system...a Jedi....

His eyes snapped open, he stood quickly and moved through the ship, his hand firmly on the support rail.

"Prepare to change course, we have another intruder entering the system, scan for all incoming craft, target it, then follow it in."

Without another word the Lord of the Sith donned his helmet, his once pristine armour now covered in chinks and dents. It did not matter, his presence was still being felt, his armour could take much more then they could dish out. Its white surface still shone and glinted with gold and silver. As his armour powered up once more the troop bay glowed a soft blue. The faces of his men hidden by their death masks, they to knew no fear, they to would fight until the end.

The large menacing looking craft began to move towards the only ship brave and or stupid enough to land...

The force save them...

Tag all

6. JediHighlander

Aug 27, 2009

The area was a warzone, an abandoned warzone. She had landed nearby, and following the disturbances in the Force, had come upon the remains of the battle. Bodies were everywhere, soldiers with strange armor. It was obvious most were killed with a lightsaber, some were shot with what looked like a high energy weapon, and others looked like they had suffered catastrophic failures in their weaponry.

Titania stood in the middle of the carnage, her Jedi cloak wrapped around her and her hood up. The storm had abated enough for her to land at the location she had felt the Force presence. Unfortunately it was also the center of the darkside echo. There had been a major battle here between the light and the dark.

The wind had come up and it was getting hard to see. She needed to take off before the storm got any worse. She had to inform the Council of the battle. If a Jedi had gone to the darkside then they needed to be captured and brought back for counseling. If it wasn?t a fallen Jedi then the Order had bigger problems.

She concentrated on making her way back to her ship.

TAG Radiance, Raziel

1 edit: Cosmetic

7. Lord_Raziel

Sep 23, 2007
    IC: Raxus Nihl

He could feel the presence out in the desert, he concentrated hard, the drop ship zooming through the turbulent winds. The course was leading them back to the battle, no doubt someone was investigating the conflict that had occurred.

Lord Nihl did not bother to check over his armour, he knew he needed to silence the witness as soon as possible, he did not need more people joining the republic just now. The ship was moments away, he stepped near the exit hatch, his hands on his sabers. His powers radiated freely, this Jedi would know what came for them, something terrible and filled with malice.

Tag

8. JediHighlander

Aug 27, 2009

She had just found her ship when she felt it. The dark presence that had corrupted this battle was on his way back and he was close. The shear power the presence extruded made Titania take a short gasp.
    ?That is no fallen Jedi...?

Immediately Titania retrieved her survival pack and repulser pack from her fighter.
    ?T4 take off, and go evasive. Jump out of the system and wait. Come back for me in a day.?
    Titania wave goodbye to the droid.
    ?Be careful T4.?

She watched the little droid fire up the fighter's engines. As he did she shut herself down in the Force, a talent that she practiced often as a padawan, even the Masters on Telos would have trouble finding her if she didn't want to be found.

She sprinted in the opposite direction from the darkness, she shed her robes and strapped the repulser pack on. She activated the pack, and moments later she was speeding along the ground at an altitude of three meters. She decided to head towards a small valley, if she remembered the topography right there were some cave networks there she could hide in.

TAG: Radiance, Raziel

9. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    OOC: I will be returning tomorrow evening and will have a post up on Tuesday. I hope I still have some people playing my game! :)

10. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    OOC: Sorry for the delay, seems like I'm saying that a lot. It's also short, but its kinda a filler post anyways I suppose.
    IC: Calen Sirion

?Dreg, Lord Calen is onboard. We are good to go Sir. Repeat, Good to go.?

As the shuttle dropped out of the sith warship's hangar, Calen watched as barely fifteen seconds later the warship jumped back into hyper. Turning towards the cockpit he walked forward in a near silent stride that had become a habit he had trained into himself. Turning first towards the pilot's seat he spoke, "Set a course for Dantooine." Turning back to the others he began explaining.

"A few minutes ago we received a message informing us that the garrison we had left behind on Dantooine was already under attack. While we don't know for sure, I suspect at least the involvement of a force user though I find myself doubting that whoever is foolish enough to try this could be a jedi. More likely its someone or something else at work. Regardless, Lord Daemon doesn't like it when some upstart thinks they can challenge the sith, and quite frankly neither do I. Which is why we are here, and why we are going hunting."

Tag: Radiance

11. Lord_Raziel

Sep 23, 2007
    Ic: Raxus Nihl

The presence vanished...Lord Nihl slammed his fist into the side of the ship, the escape door opened with a hiss and the whirling winds battered those near the entrance. Without a word the white armoured Sith Lord dropped over the edge, his fall controlled and precise, his heavy gear slamming into the sand below.

His helmet scanned through the blurring sand, ahead he could see the repulsor trail of a ship, the Jedi must have escaped....the calm that now dominated Raxus' psyche strained at the rage that seemed to build up inside him. His cool blue eyes glared from within his armoured shell, however, it was not all a loss, he had one of the targets on board. He would get back to his battlecruiser immediately and place her in chains, let him come...

The shuttle landed behind him, the door already open. Lord Nihl turned and boarded, his blue energy conduits blazing in the whirling sands.

Tag all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.