main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Star Wars Fatigue

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by NotSoScruffyLooking, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Blue 5

Blue 5 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2017
    I'm already beginning to feel a burnout. Rogue One just released and I am fully invested in enjoying that and have no desire for another movie right now. I understand that Star Wars is a money machine, but the Law of Diminishing Returns is a thing.

It only will escalate from here. Episode VIII is in December 2017 and then Han Solo in May 2018 and Episode IX in May 2019. That'll be FOUR movies in 2 1/2 years.

Padme501st and Ord-Mantell70 like this.
  2. Delta RC-1138

Delta RC-1138 Jedi Padawan

Sep 7, 2015
    Echoing most others in this thread, if the MCU is anything to go by, I'll definitely start to lose interest in SW if Disney keeps going their current route. I liked Rogue One, and enjoyed TFA, but I still can sense Marvel creeping into Star Wars, and I think that is the problem not the frequency of the films. Disney is starting to apply the formula they developed in the MCU into SW, with the overused banter, weak character development and motivations, and bland plot lines. No imagination or risk-taking, just make the movies 'fun' and make sure not to venture too far from the universe set up in the OT. This is what happens when the motivation to make SW movies shifts from telling an imaginative story to appeasing the [OT] fans. Same thing for Rebels and most of the Cannon books so far.

3. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Good ol' Abe must feel lucky to have been the first so-called "director" to crap out one of these Disney park ads. It's the only reason his A New Hope bootleg did as well as it did at the box office. Too bad no one will remember it in five years, though.

4. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005

An ever-expanding set of similar-looking, similar-sounding, and similar-tasting products coming off an assembly line. Disney's droid factory is well underway.

I'm kind of hoping for a Jedi and a Senator, and two little droids, to all wander inside, and break up the churning tedium.

And, again, through selling, it's like Lucas is still schooling people in the ways of the world. "Look, people. You were dissatisfied with my movies? I was the one chasing dollars? Hope you're happy now. This is what big corporations do..."

5. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    "Machine's making machines. How perverse." I never was convinced that Kathleen Kennedy is a human. There's something weird going on under that tight skin of hers.

Subtext Mining and Cryogenic like this.
  6. Cryogenic

Jul 20, 2005

7. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    The one thing that gives me optimism going forward is Lucasfilm's commitment to different directors at the helm of each new film. Rogue One felt pretty different from TFA tonally and visually, and the TLJ teaser indicates that film will have its own identity as well. I'm also betting that Phil Lord and Chris Miller will bring their wisecracking sensibilities to the Solo film. So as long as Lucasfilm keeps mining fresh voices, then there will always be something new to explore.

8. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    Maybe "fatigue" isn't the right word. Rather, I'd say Star Wars is fast becoming...itemized. For me, though, I've a feeling that it's simply growing more and more estranged. Not sure yet. I'll be revisiting the six-part-saga this month after having skipped as much for a couple years. Not sure if I'll reconnect with it like I used to, or if at all.

Cryogenic and {Quantum/MIDI} like this.
  9. L110

L110 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2014
    Depends on whether the George Lucas Star Wars or the post-George Lucas Star Wars. The former I´ll never get tired of. The latter I got tired of really quickly. MOD Edit: Stop with OT Bashing.

Cryogenic and Ord-Mantell70 like this.
  10. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
  11. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    Ord-Mantell70 likes this.
  12. Darth__Lobot

Dec 29, 2015

HA - yes, I have personally tried to stop doing that... because (as I believe you pointed out) it is pretty bad form :)

I will say at least the bashing is more interesting than the OT/PT era since we now have more factions:

Major factions:
    OT purists who hate the PT and Disney
    PT lovers who hate Disney and think the new films prove their points about the PT
    Disney/OT lovers who hate the PT and think the new films prove their points about the PT

Minor factions:
    OT/RO lovers who think TFA and the PT suck
    OT/TFA people who think that RO and the PT suck
    OT/PT/RO people who just hate TFA

Someone could (and probably has) write a good psychology or sociology paper on Internet fan behavior :)

13. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    What PT fans can you find that constantly "bash" Disney?(Or even in JCF for that matter?) Or Disney Lovers who hate the PT? PT fans are old and spread out while the Disney fans are just babies(the scene with Paplatine and Anakin watching the "impregnation" comes to mind). I think that it is way too early to make claims on who are the main factors of the "hater" group.

Cryogenic likes this.
  14. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Warning: Several of you are walking a fine line. Stop with the basing of movies and baiting others.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I will only succumb to "Star Wars Fatigue" when I feel the embrace of death!

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Old EU, NEU, Saga movies, anthology movies, books, comics, games, tv series', fan-fiction, etc.
    So many different authors, eras, characters, etc. I can think of several different NEU, old EU and fan-fiction stories, that I am excited for off the top of my head.

Fatigue? No way!

Cryogenic and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  17. Darth__Lobot

Dec 29, 2015
    Edit: Wrong Thread

18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    And maybe, not even then.

Sarge, Cryogenic and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  19. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    It's kicking in for me. Never liked the idea of annual SW movies in theory. In practice it has been even worse given that I don't feel like Disney understands what made me a fan of I-VI. I will say, though, that the prospect of seeing Hamill again is enough for me not to be entirely worn out yet. Will be very cool to see Luke in an actual role again. And behind the scenes Hamill's relatively unfiltered thoughts have been a breath of fresh air for me amidst the greater tide of Disney's SW marketing.

20. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    For me the answer is.... NEVER!

BigAl6ft6 and Cryogenic like this.
  21. Darth__Lobot

Dec 29, 2015
    Us old folks got very little from 1983 to 1999 (besides some awesome video games) so to me this is just great. I've enjoyed the new films, but even if some don't end up great I'd rather they keep trying... what's the worse that can happen? If they stop making films I like I'll just stop watching them.. .and no one can take away the films I do like.

Even if people like me get fatigue my little girls (esp my oldest) love Star Wars (and so do tons of their friends and classmates). There's nothing like being able to enjoy stuff like this with my kids... my 7 year old loves Rey and Jyn and my 4 year old loves Chewbacca.

22. Ord-Mantell70

Ord-Mantell70 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 9, 2009
    ST bashing you probably meant...

Sorry, but where's the bashing here ? L110 simply hinted, with no obvious disrespect, that Disney/ST movies are probably boring him, and that he's no more interested. He didn't say that those films where crap or whatever...

If you start considering such statement as bashing, I'm afraid more and more people will soon leave those boards.

El Jedi Colombiano and Cryogenic like this.
  23. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Now you are derailing the thread. If you have a problem with this, take it to a PM. As for questioning whether bashing going on, I disagree with your assement. Aside from the fact you were reported for bashing and baiting by a fellow user, I independently came to that same conclusion. anakinfansince1983

If people cant follow the rules and have a constructive conversation, they are always free to leave.

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    People are free to like or dislike whatever films they want.

Using a thread about Star Wars Fatigue to go on a rant about Disney (or Lucas, if such a post were to occur) is not OK.

Using a thread about Star Wars Fatigue to rant about other fans and pigeonhole them into groups is definitely not OK.

Back on topic, or Bazinga'd and I will find ourselves fatigue'd of this thread.

MotivateR5D4 and Bazinga'd like this.
  25. Cryogenic

Jul 20, 2005
    Well, this thread went a bit crazy. ;)

Luke Skywalker: I care.

These are still some of the most entertaining, most worthy films ever made, IMO.

I think you'll have fun revisiting and digging all the chimerical fastenings and happenings within.