main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Star Wars Fatigue

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by NotSoScruffyLooking, Apr 28, 2017.

1. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    I like the new films but they have a point. Too much Star Wars content could dilute things potentially.

2. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    No way. Star Wars is a huge part of my life and I wanna keep it that way

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. Master Endz-One

Master Endz-One Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 30, 2017
    I think they'll be ok, if the the Episode films are about 2 years apart from each other. In between movies like Rogue One won't stop me from anticipating The Last Jedi.

4. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
    I didn't like all the practical effect talks that came with TFA, but I was hyped about going to see the movie. I haven't kept up with anything EP8. The last trailer just looks like it will be more of the same instead of anything original.

5. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    People won't get Star Wars fatigue. We've been getting SW books, comics, games, TV shows, and merchandise continuously for decades, and it hasn't been a problem yet. The only way I could see people getting tired is if the films were bad.

Yep, just the same old thing. I mean, remember the Jedi from the original six films that wanted to see the order come to a complete end? Get some new ideas Rian!

6. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I think there is different types of fatigue. One involving the movies, one for certain storylines in the Legends/New Canon Book series, and one for overall exposure.

Lt. Hija and Force Smuggler like this.
  7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    OT Big 3 characters at the forefront of galaxy spanning wars after galaxy spanning wars 40 years after the OT. I like the ideas but give us some one shot stories and other characters.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  8. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    Yes. This is going to happen. Money is the root of evil.

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Though now a days, with the only Big 3 stories pretty much being the SW comic and only seeing Han and Leia together and a minute of Luke in TFA, I want more OT Big 3 stories.

10. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    No doubt there's more saturation than ever, with a new film every year, as well as animated television, and books and comics on a monthly basis, not to mention video games and mobile games. It all ultimately depends upon your personal tastes and intake.

Lt. Hija likes this.
  11. Steve McGarrett

Steve McGarrett Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 1, 2017
    A film a year really isn't a lot of content, when you compare it to TV series, for example. For me, the fatigue can come from overthinking and over-discussing and over-analysing the films. I can systematically unravel the magic that way if I'm not careful!

12. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    IMHO that could be easily prevented if the producers paid more attention to continuity. As a die-hard aficionado of the Original Trilogy which I have seen numerous times (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) it's not that I'm particularly nitpicky (at least that's what I'd like to believe) but I just can't help to notice inconsistencies and continuity errors, small or large.
    Inevitably, we end up having discussions (over-)rationalizing such things in a common effort to look at a coherent picture of the galaxy far, far away, but I don't think the fans could or should be possibly blamed for that.

13. Steve McGarrett

Steve McGarrett Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 1, 2017
    Yeah, I'm not blaming anyone. To each his or her own when it comes to that. One person's desire for continuity is another's nit-picking I guess.

14. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    One new film a year should be okay. No more than that, though. I would like to see a little break, though, which I think will come after the third anthology film that will probably come out in 2020.

PymParticles likes this.
  15. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    I've had my share of fatigue and it's ok to take a break once in a while and return with renewed interest.

16. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Ya mean more Star wars? That's kind of the point. For example, I don;t go to a James Bond movie and expect a lit rom-com. I expect to see a James Bond movie....

17. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

Some people enjoy nit-picking, others don't. Small plot holes and continuity errors don;t bother me. They are bound to happen in the film-making process. So long as they don't spoil my willful suspension of disbelief, I'm okay with it.

Steve McGarrett likes this.
  18. ekrolo2

ekrolo2 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 17, 2014
    I was fatigued about the new batch of movies the day they were announced and their quality hasn't made me feel any better about it. Hell, it never even crossed my mind that we needed any more films, probably because Star Wars never really went away what with the various comics, books, games and TCW around to more then fill whatever itch you could have.

Jesta' likes this.