main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tips & Tricks Star Wars FIDM exhibit

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by PadawansGuide, Aug 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeatherD

HeatherD Jedi Master star 1

Feb 12, 2005
    Where is the lt blue Tatooine gown? noooooooo! I know it was in the show, did you get any pictures?

2. HeatherD

HeatherD Jedi Master star 1

Feb 12, 2005
    Darth_Manos, how close can you get to these costumes? It'd be really cool to see a closeup of Padme's head piece on the lt. blue Tatooine gown. :eek:D But if not, what I've seen so far is awesome! Thanks for all of your (and everyone else's) pictures!

3. Darth_Manos

Darth_Manos Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 11, 2005
    I'll see what I have, but in the mean time I added a few pre show set up picks.

http://scumandvillainy.shutterfly.com

4. Darth_Manos

Sep 11, 2005
    I'll search through the pics and see if any of the younglings
    pics are of any value.

On another note.

I was wondering which one of you this is

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5d730b3127cce93ad71429c3f00000016108AZtm7Nm5Ytj

I had it straight at one point, but now
    I've forgotten. A result of to many weekend
    attempts at destroying the portions of my
    brain that are for anything work related.

I have a larger size version of the image.
    If you would like it, please pm me.

I was glad to get it even if it turned out
    slighlty blurred. I had been hoping to be
    at the right place and time, and was glad
    that I was. As I was taking it, the woman
    in the foreground walked through the shot.
    I was really fearful that she had blocked
    the shot. Everyone at the nights event
    thought it sort of summed up the evening.

So if you the pictured fan would like
    a larger version of it, let me know.
    I do have larger versions of other shots
    with you in them.

Stalkerazzi Manos out.

5. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    That is QueenAmidalaEP1. At least thats the username she uses here.

6. QueenAmidalaEP1

QueenAmidalaEP1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005
    Yes that's me. I would love a high res copy of any of the photos, since I was "working" I cuould not take photos at the Gala. And I think you had a photo of me with Trisha Biggar in you album, would like that too.

Thanks,

7. Darth_Manos

Sep 11, 2005
    THE SECOND STAR WARS FAND DAY IS... SUNDAY NOVEMBER 20TH.

I don't have nay other details, contact FIDM about it. Or maybe Obi Shawn. I imagine he's involved with it also.

If I hear any more info, I'll pass it on.

We'll probably be there as Biba Fetts Dad is coming up for the show. Sans Darth Vader outfit sadly...

8. QueenAmidalaEP1

Sep 15, 2005

9. QueenAmidalaEP1

Sep 15, 2005
    Thank you for the photos!

10. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I thought Shawn was trying to get the Fan Day changed closer to the end of the exhibit, during the first week of December? November 20th is when Gen Con is being held at the Anaheim Convention Center which is why I wouldn't be able to attend that weekend.

11. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    *wishes she could go* :(

I have a question... did anyone get pictures of the EII padme dress that was from the cut scene where she talked to the senate? (I thought I saw that the dress was there)

If possible I would consider selling my soul for some high res pictures of it... I've looked all over the net and couldn't find any that really helped me out...

[face_praying]

12. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    There are a couple here Jedi Girl:

http://www.padawansguide.com/fidm2_dm.shtml

There might be some others at the other links here too, but I haven't had a chance to look:

http://www.padawansguide.com/fidm2.shtml

Good luck!

13. Darth_Manos

Sep 11, 2005
    I'm waiting to be emailed the official press packet
    for the Fan Day. The fact that I haven't gotten it yet may
    mean the date has changed or is changing.

I'll be out of computer contact for the weekend. When I get
    back, I'll look thourgh my shots of the purple senate dress,
    and email some to you if you'd like.

Is that the one you were talking about?

14. QueenAmidalaEP1

Sep 15, 2005
    Have you looked at my photos linked below. Let me know the photo number(s) if I have a photo you want. My home PC is a mess, so I have not been able to email more than a couple of photos before the whole thing freezes up. I think I have sent photos to all who asked for them.

I still owe Maggie a CD of my photos, but can't get the PC to work long enough to burn one. Augh, may have to buy new PC.

15. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Not only is November 20th during the Gen Con convention, it is also when the annual charity Doo Dah parade is held where many costumers march in. Shawn is hoping that if the H-Wing is ready by the 20th, that he will re-debut his rebuilt H-Wing at the parade.

16. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Oo... I think I've found what I've wanted, thank you all :)

17. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    (Per Shawn Crosby) The next FIDM Fan Day is Sunday, December 4th from 11am -6pm.

As with the previous fan day, there will be Fan Film screenings, press interviews, photo opps, and tours of the Gallery. There is a rumour that SW in 30 Minutes is invited to perform, but no confirmation has been received back.

There is also talk of a "season pass" ,30 days for 30 dollars, where you get unlimited access to the museum for the final month. Other perks Shawn is discussing with them includes: a goodie bag with exclusives, photo in the X-Wing cockpit, and a 15% discount on Exhibit gift shop items (except Hasbro items). All the money generated from the sales of the season pass goes to the museum to help support other FIDM exhibits.

18. Resilient

Resilient Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2003
    Shawn said in his posts that the Dec. 4th date isn't even offically OKed by FIDM yet. Shouldn't spreading the word about an event wait until things have actually been confirmed with set dates?

19. Darth_Manos

Sep 11, 2005
    Yeah I learned that one! And I had THEE insider info.

20. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Per our friend Dennis at FIDM, it is actually Sunday December 4th!!!!!!!!!

Fans!

With great excitement, the FIDM Museum & Galleries presents Star Wars fans everywhere with an exciting opportunity. We have launched the Dressing A Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars Society. Own a piece of Star Wars costume history!

As a member of the society you receive the following exclusive benefits and exciting collectibles.

- A personalized, exclusive FIDM Dressing A Galaxy collectible membership card.
    - Unlimited access to the FIDM Museum & Galleries for the duration of the exhibition (through December 10, 2005)
    - An exclusive Star Wars hat and additional freebies.
    - Weekly MEMBERS ONLY discount specials (such as particular discounts on specific items).
    - A 15% discount on all Star Wars items within our Galaxy Shop THROUGH DECEMBER 23, 2005.
    - E-mail updates on product specials in the gallery shop and news from FIDM.
    - An invitation to our private closing party!

Additionally, you will have early access to the FIDM Dressing A Galaxy exhibition ? one hour before the general public on our blow-out fan day, December 3rd.

You can sign up for a piece of the excitement at our FIDM Galaxy Shop or Online at
    www.fidmmuseumshop.com!!

All this can be yours for only:
    $30.00
    ($5 Domestic S&H for this outside of the state of California)

*This membership will be retired upon the closing of the FIDM Museum & Galleries Galaxy Shop on December 23, 2005.
    ** All proceeds from this sale go directly to the FIDM Museum & Galleries to fund future exhibitions.

21. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Thanks for keeping us updated Mara_Jade_Fan! Will these memberships be available through the FIDM web site? Will the membership be available soon? (Who should we contact?) The reason I ask is because I'd like to go to FIDM again after Thanksgiving and it would be great if that memebership would cover my reentry privelages a few days before Fan Day. On past trips I've spent probably 25-30 dollars just to get a ticket for the morning and afternoon for the extended weekend.

- Kay Dee

22. Resilient

Resilient Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2003
    The above date info is incorrect and an example of why one should wait with spreading word as if it's offical until things are confirmed. The final Fan Day will be held on sunday December 4th, as posted by one of the event organizers Shawn.

Not sure if they are available for purchase yet, but the membership is showing up in the online FIDM store. https://thefidmmuseumstore.org/ Click into the 'exhibition related: star wars' section and you'll see it.

23. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Perfect! When I had checked the web site earlier today it was not up yet. I made my purchase and it looks like once I have my card then I'm set! This will work much better than purchasing multiple tickets on my next trip :)

No big deal on the date change, I figured since it hadn't been announced though FIDM it was still somewhat tentative.

- Kay Dee

24. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    That was the date she was given at that time. It got changed back and forth, but is now confirmed as Dec. 4th. I have updated Mara_Jade_Fan's post at her request.

25. Svoor

Svoor Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2004
    True, but it wasn't officially confirmed by both parties involved, so if Mara_Jade_Fan had waited even just a few hours, all this confusion could've been avoided. But everything's fine now, so, eh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.