Star Wars Fight Club... (aka meeting rehash)

Discussion in 'Victoria, BC' started by CarbonatedGoat, Jun 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarbonatedGoat Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just wanted to say that I had a great time once again, dispit getting thwacked in the finger by Dawn in the lightsaber battle. (Too bad they don't have "lightjo"s or something like that. Woulda kicked your butt then ;) )

Yeah. Man... wooo!

oh. and for those who don't know, which should be... all of you, minus alakin, coz he's on my icq list, this is a link to my blog. I update it at least once a day:

The Art of Sushi

most of you will be wondering about the title, but don't, because SushiKnight is another handle of mine.
  2. Qui-Dawn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Tee hee.... Well, now that my bloodlust has abated somewhat, I can honestly say that I'm sorry if I hurt you. I mean, it wasn't my intention, exactly....yeah, yeah, I know I can say that *now*, right? ;) Oh, I'll admit it may not have been the lethal or disabling blow I wanted to strike....but, hey, we makes do with what we can. At least now you know to keep your knuckles well away from my weapon. And you thought I couldn't wield a saber well enough to stand much of a chance....ha, that'll show you! :) Now, once Kurt's arm is fully healed and out of that cast next week....ooo, boy, you're gonna get it.... ::rubs hands together eagerly:: What, me have a one-track mind? Nah. :)

Oh, and I actually meant to show this to everyone yesterday but being as we were all zanily busy with other stuff, I never got the chance to....so oh well on that score, at least....but all is not lost, I figure, 'cause here's what I wanted you all to see. Or, more precisely, to hear. Even though I've of course not yet finished my fanfilm script - early stages of pre-production, anyone? ;) - and, you know....nowhere near filmin' time and all that, but all in due course, I figure....well, despite it all being at this very early stage - I've already found some trailer music that I think would be *perfect* for it. As in, I'm already visualizing how I want the trailer to look. Don't look at me that way, it's all part of the process, I swear! Hey, whatever inspires you.... :)

But, yeah....this, to me, is the perfect trailer music, and I think exactly what I'm aiming for in terms of mood and pacing, and such. It's the international teaser trailer music for "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"; if, like me, you've got the DVD, then you'll already know exactly what I'm talking about. It's approximately a minute twenty seconds long, or so....I'm just averaging it out here....and it's totally instrumental, mostly an increasingly frenetic drumbeat that does have some tribal, almost Oriental-style overtones....as I said, you'll know it when you hear it, and I imagine you'll see soon enough why it appeals to me so much. :) At any rate, if you don't have the DVD, then don't fret - it's still easy enough to find....you can go through http://www.comingsoon.net, access the "Trailers" link and then find "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" from there, under "C", obviously, and from there. :)

And, as I said, it's the international teaser trailer you want to click on here....it's the one with no dialogue, only the instrumental drumming playing through it. Very definitely unmistakable, I assure you.... Now, I checked into it myself, earlier today, and discovered that the comingsoon.net link you click on will take you to the official "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" website, but not to fear....once you're there, you just have to click on, as I recall, the picture link of Lo (Chang Chen), because that's where they've got the trailers and suchlike stowed away. And from there, well....there's really no wrong way to find the international teaser trailer. Let me know if you have any unusual trouble either with my directions or else getting to it, and I'll see what else I can do. And, hey, once you've checked it out....let me know what you think. :)

And, also - I had another idea as I was wandering about this afternoon, doing some writing and whatnot.... I may, in theory, have access to a VHS camcorder - just have to ask my parents very nicely and they make sure to get across the point that if *anything* happens to the camcorder, it'll be on my head ;) - and if, you know, we wanted to take it with us out and about on one foray or another, that might be fun.... Hey, it could be like our antics in the Episode II line when the NewVI came to film us, except we'd hopefully have less of a crowd of gawkers and, thus, we wouldn't be feelin' quite so awkward. Just a thought.... :) Though, of course, as I know I remarked upon earlier, to Kurt....hey there ;) - for actual, final, real fanfilm filmin' - then digital is the only way to go. What, are we perfectionists
  3. CarbonatedGoat Jedi Knight

star 1
  4. obi-wan_kurtnobi Jedi Knight

Well as long as we're all out here having a merry time. I may as well my two cents in the ring :) I certinally had a freaking blast on saturday and must thank you all for helping me take my first step into a much larger world ;) I certainly was given some great ideas about how direct my creative inclinations and hope to be up and dueling in no time. So Dawn I look forward to next week when I can work off some of my own excess energy. That reminds me I'd like to start work on getting some robes (of the jedi nature) together [face_mischief] and I know briana was supposed to post a web site but well I know it's not very jedi like but I'm impatient. So any help here would be apreciated. I may have rambled for to long so I'll finish up but anybody needing help on pre/post production or just someone to hold a boom on a fanfilm can PM I'm willing and available.

kurt
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.