main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Fighter Pods

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Glymphid_Warlord, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Glymphid_Warlord

Glymphid_Warlord Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 10, 2008
    http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/en_US/discover/news/fighterpods.cfm

Anyone else collecting these little guys? I got a couple to begin with, and have since ended up collecting every figure from Series 1. No clue how to play the "game" they're associated with; IMO, the collectible aspect of the figures is the real winning aspect of this new series of toys. Series 2 is scheduled to be released this August. Can't wait!

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Haven't seen them or the ad here in the UK.

3. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Oh Ya!! I received first one when I saw TPM in 3D. And went back to service theater (one of my customers) and manager gave me a whole box of them!!!

I didn't want to tear them all open like some crazy kid, so i acted like a crazy adult and held most of them up to the light and could figure out who they were! the manager was looking for the hard to find one's like Vader or Maul. I had no luck through that entire box. But i did get plenty of clone troopers, snow troopers and Boba and Jango Fett!

4. Glymphid_Warlord

Glymphid_Warlord Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 10, 2008
    Nice! Unfortunately, Vader w/ lightsaber only comes in the Hoth pack, Vader w/out lightsaber only comes in the 2-fig mystery bags, and Maul comes in some specific set (forget which one). There's supposed to be 148 total of these guys in 2012, supposedly! IMO, much more collectible than the Wizards of the Coast miniatures.

5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Aww... Bossk is adorable. XD I may start buying these and use them for my RPing. Sure beats sculpting my own tiny figures.

6. lokust

lokust Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 30, 2008
    I bought some out of curiosity today. Because I am one not to care about things that look like they are for the kiddies. But these little guys are cool. I only bought one pack and got Boba and Jabba. I like them, They are gonna make cool little desk top trinkets.

-lokust