main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

star wars film must-have elements . . .

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by AWB1989, Aug 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    i am going to start filming my fanfilm, the sith within very soon. i was just wanted to make sure i had the star wars must-have elements in my movie. like maybe having the force in the movie or something (which i do have). if you think of a must-have element then post it here. thanks

aaron

2. No-ShadowKick

No-ShadowKick Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    One bad guy or one good guy or both :D

3. CarlCampbell

CarlCampbell Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2002
    Although people may say there are many must-have elements, the key to an original script fanfilm or not is to NOT use must-have elements. Break the norm, let your imagination fly, and if people can't see it clearly, you'll always know it makes perfect sense to you.

Carl

4. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    "must have elements"

:

An accepted cliche.

Cya
    Mike

5. Iyidin_Kyeimo

Iyidin_Kyeimo Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 21, 2000
    Here they are:

There, now go and make a film without the clichéd crawl/jedi/sith/forest/"of the"/desert/walking for no reason/etc....

After that, decide if any of those elements would add to your film. If they are there for the right reasons, that's great. If they're there for their own sake, forget them.

6. No-ShadowKick

No-ShadowKick Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    Must have

"Its too many of them !!! Aaaahhhh"

:D

7. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    "I have a bad feeling about this"

:)

8. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    A double-bladed lightsaber, a Sith with facepaint, at least three lines besides "bad feeling" stolen from the films and delivered poorly, wandering writing, an opening crawl that doesn't serve its purpose, and it simply MUST take place ONLY during the 40 or so years of the actual Star Wars saga.

At least, that's what everyone seems to think they have to have. Personally I say whatever fits your story. If you want us to sit up and take notice, make something worth noticing that breaks the conventions.

M. Scott

9. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Actually, someone menchioned that they shouldn't use the opening crawl, I think they should as long as (like was said) it serves its purpose.

10. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Ya, I wanted to abolish that opening crawl so bad, but given that my film takes place... oh 10,000 years before the events of episode I, I doubt that people would be able to understand the premise without one :)

Argh, next time lucas... next time...

11. Cunard

Cunard Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2001
    Let your imagination fly? I say let your CHARACTERS fly! Wouldn't that be wild if all of the characters could fly around instead of walking?

.......................anyone?

12. floydman

floydman Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2001
    Anything and Everyhting you want.

13. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    There are no must haves.
    Do whatever you want. For a Star Wars fanfilm, there are no musts other than that has at least a small reference to SW or takes place in the SW universe.

14. brokenglassltd

brokenglassltd Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2002
    Well, it depends on if you want this to be a Star Wars film or a fan film. If you want a fanfilm, double red saber, sith with a painted face and two Jedi.
    If you want to make this a good Star Wars film worthy of notice. Make a good story. Check out Joseph Campbell's Hero's Journey. Follow this pattern and you will have a good story! If you look at this and say this is a feature length movie setup, no it's not. You can easily have a ten minute short with this setup.
    Let your mind run wild first. :)

15. CarlCampbell

CarlCampbell Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2002
    Well, brokenglass, if a fanfilm is all of that, how come Broken Allegiance has none of that but is still a fanfilm? Original content or not, anything that is produced by ANY member in this forum based on the SW Universe will always be a FanFilm, for we are fanatics of Star Wars, hence the whole name and significance of fanfilmmaking in this forum.

Carl

16. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    I think what suffers most right now in fanfilms is dialogue and acting. mprove upon those, especially acting and its going to stand out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.