main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Star Wars Film Viewing

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by GrandAdmiral_Frank, Apr 6, 2009.

1. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    In case anyone might be interested I have a friend at work who has a projector that is compatible with DVD's so he can watch films on a wall basically. If we wanted we could probably have it set up at someone's house or his. Anyways he knows I love SW and we all do and this is a chance to see the films on a much larger format than the old tube. Anywho if this sounds appealing to anyone post your opinions and maybe we can make a FF activity out of this yet.

EDITED at CR Request

2. esahr8

esahr8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2008
    I'd be up for this.

3. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    That could be cool. Were you thinking a 6 (now 7, darn you Clone Wars :mad:) movie marathon, or just OT, just PT (for some strange reason :p), just 1 movie, or what exactly?

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    A friend of mine suggested having a viewing party and watching in this order:

ANH
    ESB
    TPM
    AOTC
    ROTS
    ROTJ

Just food for thought.

5. esahr8

esahr8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2008
    Why the random viewing order?

6. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I think that this would be a lot of fun.

7. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    It is actually to get the story from a different point of view. If you look at SW as being the saga of Anakin Skywalker's life then to watch ANH and ESB and then go back and get the backstory and then watch ROTJ it is a different experience. :)

8. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    I just sort of threw the idea out there to see if anyone would be interested then other details could be covered. I am cool with a marathon or that random order that was posted. I figure someone could bring popcorn. I know Wal-mart carries 24pks for $5. Soda is cheap at FRYS and Wally World. I will talk to him and see about where it would be.

EDITed at CR Request

9. YuuzhanVong_Rule

YuuzhanVong_Rule Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2008
    I vote for the random order.

10. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    OK, that all sounds good. I have one point to make though. In my extensive soda-buying experience, Fry's has really expensive soda. In my experience, the cheapest place to go is Target. They have a sale that alternates every week between Coke and Pepsi products. Strange, yes, but true.

That is all :p

11. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    Okay I talked to the guy and he says his place would be best because he has a sound system and all. He lives on Speedway a little more eastward from the Walmart we work at. Thanks for the tip on the Target soda btw.

I think the next thing to do would be to set a date and if the location is fine for you guys then we can just worry about the date. I will say that unless somehow my days off are changed the only day off I have is Thursday.

12. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I will be out of town from May29th till June7th. Hopefully this is not a time conflict. I will bring popcorn :)

13. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    I had to have this thread edited to remove some content. PM me for details (it's nothing serious, don't worry).