main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON Star Wars Finds

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rabellaka, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    This is a place to post Star Wars items you found that you think others may be interested in.

For example, I found a Star Wars lunch box at A&P last week, for $9.99.

2. Lord_Robert

Lord_Robert Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2005
    Cool I'll have to go and check that out.

For those new to London: if your into models check out McCormick's on Oxford near Richmond. also Heroes on Dundas near Richmond. Once in a blue moon you can find some at Broughdale Hobby on Glenora dr. but I would call them first.

Heroes is also a great place for other toys and collectables.

That Party Place is good if you want to get stand ups. I got a life size Darth Vader with talking motion sencer and it was less than on the net. Not to mention no shipping or handleing.

If anything comes up at costco again like that R2-D2 I'll let you now. Also if you don't have a membership I can help out.

3. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Hey Janet

I got one of those lunch boxes at a&p on Clarke rd. and it was $6:99. Was the one that you were talking about a soft box?

4. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Yes, it's got a Jedi starfighter on the front. I think I misquoted the price.

5. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    So, who has the best deal for the new DVDs?

It seems the going price is $24.99.

I saw Future shop is giving a limited edition lithograph when you pre-order.

Best buy has all three in a collector's tin for $84.99.

6. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Right now, I can't afford any new DVDs... so I haven't been looking. :(

7. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Here's a heads up for those looking for a cotume.

I just got a Emperor Palpaine mask for $15.99 the reg. price was 79.99.
    Sorry it was the only one.

But if you go to McCulloch's at 1140 Dundas.
    They have C-3PO, Admiral Ackbar, Yoda and Guido with hands at a good price.
    I don't think they know who they are because they are all mixed in with the other masks. So you have to look around to find them.

If money means nothing to you, they also have a deluxe Chewbacca and the deluxe Darth Vader for around $200.00 each.

8. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    I was doing a little shopping for SW stuff today. I noticed at McCormick's there was an empty space where the SW modles should have been. So I am glad to see that people in this town do check in here from time to time.

Thank you to everyone who went there, hopefully McCormick's will increase the quantity and variety a little more when they restock.

I also stopped in at Heroes where I found a 1977 SW Escape from Death Star board game. So I would gladly bring it out if anyone was interested in a game night.

9. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    A good SW day for me.
    I finaly got my Skywalker Ranch 'T' and Lucasfilm hat.

To top it off I found at wall mart in south London, 'STAR WAIT' a documentory of the people who waited in line for six weeks to see episode II.

10. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Here's a hot buy.

the Darth Vader & Anakin Force FX lightsaber is at costco for the low low price of $89.99. That's the same ones that regularly go for $149.99 or higher.

11. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I found the original release of star wars from 1977 in a pawn shop today for only 3 dollars. The case was still in near mint condition.

12. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    That's a good find. Remember though in the 70's VCR's were mostly 'Beta'. So you may have an original VHS copy. You'll have to do some reserch to find out.

13. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    Okay i just checked it and it's an original VHS version of it. The beta cassettes were wider and bulkier then VHS cassettes.

14. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    This is when that collage deploma comes in. I did work in TV but didn't like what was out there. I believe the tapes you are describing are the 3/4" used for editing. they're great for fast forward and slow motion. The beta was patent by Sony which left all the other companies out in the cold. It was smaller case and higher quality tape and is only now being fazed out for digital in broadcasting. VHS was a cheap solution to sony greed.

Don't get me wrong you may have an original because both beta & VHS were sold at the time SW came out. I hope you do have an original because that's a cool find for here.

15. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    yeah it would've been too but as dark luck may have happen onto the tape. Damn 6 year old sisters and their friends! They trashed my room and screwed around with things. They ripped the box of the movie!

16. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    oh... that sucks!

I found a Darth Maul mask/hooded cape at The Bargain shop for $19.95, and this was the only one as well. It's a cheap cape, but I can take it off and make a much better one. Maybe I'll have a new costume for the next parade....

17. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    If anyone is into or needs to make a costume. Oct. 23-Nov. 05 Fabricland is having a red tag sale, buy 1 metre get the next 2 free.

18. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    thanks for the notice. Now I can add arm pieces for my cloak. Other then my cloak I'm done my jedi outfit.

19. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Thanks for the heads up.... I want to go there for my halloween costume anyway...

20. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Any body like mr. potato head.

I found costco has Dart Vaver. It's a darth vader about 12" high. In side there is Darth Vader potato head. Stormtrooper and R2-D2 for $19.99.

21. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    hmmmm If only I didn't have to buy a bunch of stuff for Halloween (less than 2 weeks away already!!!)

22. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    got pics of it?

23. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Sorry no pics. My computer is so old that it's all I can do to keep it from crashing for good.

24. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    hey I saw that Zellers has SW Xmas tree ornaments.

25. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    yeah i saw that too. not sure if i want to buy them or not. Trying to save up for LA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.