main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: Flight of the Falcon

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by dp4m, Jun 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Anyone find anything else about about this game? With it possibly 2-3 months away, they haven't really shown anything.
    Even that one picture posted in this thread, isn't even on the THQ site.

2. Darth_Fisto

Darth_Fisto Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    Just bumping this thread to see if anyone else has any info on this title :)

3. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    It comes out this week supposedly.

4. Darth_Fisto

Jun 24, 2002
    That's why I'm surprised nothing much has been mentioned of it. I haven't even seen the box cover art.

5. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    I saw the art last week. its on THQ's official site as well as most other sites where you can order it from.
    I haven't caught any real reviews yet though.

6. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    No! Don't mention 1942! That arcade nonsense consumed enough of my pocket money as it was.

And Street Fighter, Double Dragon, Ninja Turtles . . .

Ahhh . . . those were fine days indeed.

7. Darth_Fisto

Jun 24, 2002
    This came out today in the UK, and I bought it. Must admit this is the only game I've bought on impulse simply because it's Star Wars, and I don't have any Star Wars games for my GBA.

Now, the graphics are ok, but a bit grainy. The Falcon is 3D and smooth enough, although there is some slowdown on other levels (Mos Eisley is quite jerky). I haven't played it much, but it's more in the realms of the old PC game Rebel Assault. I guess I was hoping for a portable Rogue Squadron, but it just isn't so.

Either way, it's an ok Shoot'em up, but it could have been a lot better.

8. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    I have to agree with you Fisto. I did the same thing and bought it today...and I usually don't do that without seeing reviews or demos first(dang I was bad this week..I bought PGR2 that way too..lol)
    But yeah, the game is ok...not great. The graphics are so-so and it takes getting used to the control. I haven't played alot yet, since I'm at work and the lighting here sucks.(damn little screens)
    I've done the first two boards only so far.

9. Darth_Fisto

Jun 24, 2002
    After playing it for a while I actually quite like the space levels. As you say it's an ok game :)

10. Whizkid

Whizkid Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    Is it a more fun game than AOTC or New Droid Army was.

11. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ..i picked this up today...

Have played thru the first level, and tried the second...

Must say, i'm not quite sure what to think.. At first, i thought the game SUCKED HARD (you are so limited in the realm of firing range for the falcon), but then, the deeper i got into that initial space-level, the more i started to not mind too much...

That second level (the first-person landspeeder level) really stinks, though.. Not nearly as bad as the "First person flying" levels of "Attack of the Clones", but it's still quite tedious.....

As far as rankings go:

Best game for the GBA is still "Star Wars: The New Droid Army" (which i thought was a legit fun game.. Really enjoyed it ALOT, though i do wish it were bit longer)

Worst game is still "Attack of the Clones" (Puke)

"Flight of the Falcon" falls into the middle.. Not great, but the space levels are kinda fun...

12. Whizkid

Whizkid Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003

Is FOTF as repetative as New Droid Army?

13. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    i cant beat the second lvl :_|

14. TNT1120X

TNT1120X Jedi Master star 1

Jan 4, 2002
    Can someone please post some passwords? This game is tough!

15. DarkWoman

DarkWoman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Went searching for some codes and found a few (don't own a GBA, so I can't test them) over at gamefaqs.com:

RRV2 - Bonus Level
    TGHK - Episode IV
    8TV2 - Episode V
    TSB2 - Episode VI
    4?6C - Unlock all levels and bonus game

Hope they help.

I checked out the game box on a store the other day and the game images gave me a very good impression of it. :) Too bad I can't play it.

16. TNT1120X

TNT1120X Jedi Master star 1

Jan 4, 2002
    Thank you so much for those codes!! I really do like this game so much more now that I'm able to get to the other levels. Thanks again!

17. Mr_Deflok

Mr_Deflok Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2003
    I got this game a few months back, the game LOOKS beautiful, albeit a little weetbixy at some points however the gameplay is horrendous. Controls really hurt... it's a pity because I really wanted to love this game. Good thing tha EB has a seven day right of return otherwise I'd be a very unhappy chappy.

I suppose if you're looking for a SWGBA game with no depth that'll kill time, go get it but if you're looking for a game that you'll wanna show your friends, pass on this.

*keep in mind that this is personal opinion, I might go and try the game out again and see if my opinion changes...

18. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    Flight of the Falcon is sweet I hope everyone gets a chance to play it on the SP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.