main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Star Wars Football!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Negotiator1138, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Negotiator1138

Negotiator1138 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 23, 2016
    In Attack of the Clones, there is a really obvious game of football going on in the background screen in the Outlander's Club.

Does this feel oddly out of place? Or is it a sly way of saying our worlds aren't so different.
    1439 × 612 - hollywood.com

Edit: Can't get image to load.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    I liked it. Then again, it's my favorite sport in the real world.

When I first noticed Droid Football, my first thought to myself was, "who would be on Obi-Wan's Fantasy roster?"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I thought it looked a lot like football but figured it was adapted to be Star Wars-ish.

Huttese 101 likes this.
  4. Nanaki

Sep 5, 2016
    I think the quarterback got sacked on the play they showed.

Ezon Pin and Huttese 101 like this.
  5. Tonyg

Tonyg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I agree. It was a bar after all, and it had it all: screens with sport and I think, gambling, drinks and even drug dealers. The Jedi weren't part of this part of Coruscant at all, if someone is out of place there, are they. ;) Everybody was staring on them (in the case of Anakin mostly females were staring , but anyway).

Kenobi1138 and Ezon Pin like this.
  6. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    George Lucas' daughter to be exact.

1138, you mean the robot football? Yep, I noticed it the first time in the theatre.
    But yeah. One of the things I wonder about regarding other worlds, is not only our differences but our similarities. The inevitable, universal, constants you will find everywhere. I think we'd be surprised at how many things we thought were unique to our species on our planet may be pretty standard across all cultures.

Kenobi1138, Ezon Pin and Tonyg like this.
  7. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    The Alderaanian Nerfherders are the worst team this year!

Ezon Pin, Huttese 101 and Tonyg like this.
  8. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016

I think it was quite lazy actually. Think of how different all our forms of football on Earth are, and they are all directly related. It's highly unlikely that a sport that looks so much like American football could be developed completely independently. It could have been a fun opportunity to create a new sport unique to Star Wars, which could have been expanded on in EU media like podracing was, with teams and star players, different species with different abilities. Instead we have American football played by robots? How boring.

9. Tonyg

Tonyg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016

We see that in the movie in a blink of an eye. It is just background, that's all, but still is presented there. At first sight I couldn't even distinguish that is American football as I don't know this sport at all. But it is amazing how much details are elaborated for a single frame of this movie. It could be just a bar of drinks, but they added very interesting accessories. I never would call that lazy, but a mastery.

Ezon Pin likes this.
  10. Nanaki

Sep 5, 2016
    Who are the Dallas Cowboys of Droid Football? I'd be a fan of that team if I were a Star Wars character.

Ezon Pin likes this.
  11. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016

But giving background characters and scenes in the movies, a story and background is what star wars EU media does. Maybe lazy is a bit too harsh, but it certainly was a missed opportunity.

12. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016

[face_laugh] You know, I never thought about it, but I just watched the bar scene from AotC again, and you're right, if that droid "football" game is an American football analog, that was definitely a sack.

Ezon Pin and Nanaki like this.
  13. Kenobi098

Kenobi098 Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2013
    Reminded me of the old atari game cyberball.

14. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    [​IMG]

"and the Quarterback is toast!"

15. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    I'm telling you, they'll get a goal next year. It's those Rough n Coarses that really suck. They never are in a complete formation and they get everywhere, not following the quarter backs sign.

If anything, at least the nerfherder know when to correlate team formations with the captain. What really is hurting some of players is that they just got hit with "lose the will" symptoms. Bad year for them, but they do try.

I did see the JARCLORIANS getting better at defense from last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenobi1138 likes this.
  16. Nanaki

Sep 5, 2016
    Drew kriffin' Bledsoe has better pocket awareness than that!

17. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    There should be an underground Speedball league in Star Wars. Team scores points for injuring opposing players! Actually that now exists in my star wars head canon. I need to come up with some team names now.