main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

STAR WARS: For Love And Honor (Pre-TPM)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Dag Obough, Mar 28, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dag Obough

Dag Obough Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2000
    I've been tossing this story around in my head for a couple of years and finally decided to put it on paper... or a floppy disk. Any way here's the back story for it.
    ( For all you Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon lovers out there, fear not, they play a large role in this story!)

Back Story:
    Within the realm of relative peace that enveloped the Republic existed the planet of Aquilae.
    A lush, tropical world ruled by a long standing monarchy. For generations the native Aquilians enjoyed a peaceful, quite existence. Until the great Hyperspace Wars. With inter-galactic travel more readily available, more and more species made their way to popular world to inhabit it.

For a time, all species lived in amity. But, inter-species prejudice and a hunger for power slowly began to erode the tranquillity they had once enjoyed. The non-native classes, or the commoners, began to suffer injustices and abuses. Each generation of the ruling class was more cruel than the one before it. A great chasm of hatred and distrust developed between the two.

For decades, the Royalist ruling class ignored the cries and petitions of the commoners. But as the refuge numbers continued to grow, developing a great fear in many of the King?s advisors. At the behest of the King?s most trusted advisor and friend, High Precept Nosgood, an arranged marriage between the aged Royalist King and a female alien commoner was proposed. This alliance was meant to unite the two factions and bridge the ever growing division between them.

Nosgood was hailed as a savior by the common people. He spent many days spreading good will to the less fortunate as he conducted his search from the future Queen of Aquilae. But, unbeknownst to many, Nosgood was affecting his own schemes to assure his eventual ascent to the throne. He had made an alliance with a mysterious dark lord named Sidious who possessed a powerful droid army.

Nosgood spent a great deal of time culling supporters to his side, waiting for the perfect time to strike. On the eve of the Great Union between King Ookie and the Princess of Opaz Al?lala, the commoners attacked the palace. Against a seemingly unending supply of battle droids and weapons, the Royalist army failed to mount much of a defense. The Civil War of Aquilae was decided quickly.

All those of the elitist Royal class were quickly round up and imprisoned, including the King and his advisors. In the palace prison they would await their trial and subsequent execution at the hands of the people.

Word of the civil unrest on Aquilae soon reached the Republic capital of Coruscant. Supreme Chancellor Valorum called upon the Jedi Council to send ambassadors to attempt to mediate a peaceful resolution to the conflict. A team of four was sent, Jedi Council member Nus Pring, Jedi Master and one time padawan of Yoda, Jael Kayos, Jedi Knight Rage Ungara and his padawan Chie D?Yad.

Nosgood and his followers would hear nothing of peace and instructed the Jedi to leave at once and never return. On any other planet, under different circumstances, Jael Kayos may have accepted this failed attempt at peace. But not here. Not on her home world. Something had to be done. The royal family must be saved...

[This message has been edited by Dag Obough (edited 03-28-2000).]

2. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Very interesting. Keep posting.

3. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Hyperspace wars you say... cool.
    It's to bad there are no icons on here that are from that far back I'd love to see one of the old siths...

4. Dag Obough

Mar 13, 2000
    Star Wars
    For Love And Honor
    Book One

This was once my home.
    Peaceful and serene.
    But that has all changed.
    A civil war has ravaged the land I love, warped the people I once knew.
    The world I grew up in doesn't exist anymore, I wonder sometimes if it ever did.
    I'll miss it.
    -Jael Kayos

The large holding room on the top level of the prison complex was cool and damp. Structures such as these usually were. It was a fairly empty room with a high ceiling. The walls were made up of large stone blocks, as was most of the palace. Moss and mildew grew abundantly on the floor and walls. It was a dark room, lit only by an occasional torch-lamp that hung along the walls.

Softly at first, a low rumble began to resonate throughout the room. Its sound grew and grew until it erupted into a cacophony of stampeding Aquilians. One by one they topped the bending staircase that leads from the prison complex below. A diverse group of young and old, healthy and sick earnestly made their way to the short staircase at the far end of the room. The staircase that leads outside and to freedom.

At first glance you could see the fear and anxiety they were feeling. Their normally green skin had taken on a sickly gray hue. Their tall thin frames that were normally held in a proud, upright posture were now hunched over and fatigued.

The last of the Aquilians to reach the top of the stairs was the aged King Ookie (O-key). Frail and weak he trudged along slowly as his two frantic aides nervously, but respectfully, prodded him to go faster.

Four brown robed figures bounded up the stairs behind them, ever aware of the presence of their pursuer. Nus Pring, the elder statesman of the group and member of the Jedi Council, quickly surveyed the situation.

They're moving too slowly, he thought. We won't be able to out run our pursuer,our only hope is to stand our ground and fight.

As a Jedi, Nus Pring was used to facing danger. Many a time he had confronted the fear of a seemingly impossible situation. But this one was different. There was a cold sensation of death in the air. It whispered thoughts of failure and defeat. But now was not the time to allow fear to inhibit his decisions. Other peoples lives relied on him, on his ability to make the right decisions. And there was only one logical course of action.

He looked at his female companion, Jael Kayos. She stood about as tall as he, with an air of dignity and confidence that befit a queen. She was classically beautiful with pale blue eyes, a sharp jaw line and long white hair streaked with red at the temples. She returned his stare, looking for direction. Reaching out, he grabbed hold her arms and stared at her intendly with his steel gray eyes.

"Jael, you must see the royal family to safety."

She began to protest as a lock of golden red hair dropped annoyingly into her line of sight. She brushed it aside as she motioned toward the stairwell and the ever increasing red glow emanating from it.

She said, "But what about..."

Nus' creased face took on a look of resigned anguish. Jael had always been headstrong. She would much rather face the danger herself than allow others to face it in her stead. She didn't agree with his proposed course of action, she never did. But she would follow the plan faithfully, she always did. He sighed within himself, realizing that he may never see her again.

"Jael, listen to me," he said in hushed tones,"you alone are best equipped to get them safely back to the ship. This is the only way. Trust me. It is the will of the force."

For a second that seemed to last an eternity Jael stared at her friend. Tears welled up in her eyes as she wrapped her mentor in a firm embrace. Gently he pushed her away, unable to rebuke her for wasting precious time with such frivolities. Holding her at arms length, he looked at her one last time.

In a soothing voice he said," Now go, and may the force be with you." Jael turned and sprinted toward the door. She stopped at the archway and turned to look at her friends on last time. Nus hadn't moved, but s

5. Dag Obough

Mar 13, 2000
    D'Oh!Double post.

[This message has been edited by Dag Obough (edited 03-29-2000).]

6. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Kewl, keep it up.

7. Return of the Wattowatta

Return of the Wattowatta Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Good job, Dag, keep 'er going.

8. Dag Obough

Mar 13, 2000
    Igniting her lightsaber she used a force induced speed burst to place herself between the tank and the scattered refugees. Seeing her as an obstacle to eliminate, the tank opened fire with all its guns. One by one she deflected each concussion blast back at its point of origin. Sensing a window of opportunity, the Aquilians quickly regrouped and made for the protective cover of the forest. Once they were under the canopy of intertwining branches, vines and junapor bushes, their pursuers would have greater difficulty in finding them. Not to mention the increased danger of the many varied carnivorous life forms that inhabit the rain forest. Carnivorous life forms that would represent a danger to them, as well. Adde, the youngest of the group, stopped short of following her family into the forest. Instead, she turned to catch a glimpse of the female Jedi in action. The lightblade leapt from side to side, top to bottom as if it were a living, breathing organism. None of the blasts got through. Adde marveled at the power and determination of the Jedi. In her mind, they were able to do anything, overcome any problem, even save her and her family. Something that only a day earlier she could scarcely dream of.

The lumbering tank was unable to evade the return volley of blaster fire. The first to make contact disabled their lateral control unit. The second, their main cannon. The third caused the entire vessel to erupt in a ball of white hot flames. Jael deactivated her lightsaber and took a moment to catch her breath. She turned to see the last of her charges enter the lush forest. They'll be safe for the moment, she thought. That is, until Nosgood is able to mobilize his troops into an effective search party. She looked up at the now darkening sky and noticed that ominous rain clouds lurked on the horizon. How fitting, she mused. Ominous clouds on the horizon. She couldn't shake the feeling of impending doom that stirred within her. Something was coming. Something dangerous. Her gaze drifted back to the prison complex, to her friends that dwelt inside it.

I hope they're all right.
    --------
    An eerie red glow oozed from every crack and crevice of the high stone walls of the stairwell leading from the dungeon. A dark figure crested the final bend and ascended the last few steps to the top. For the first time, the three Jedi came face to face with their pursuer. He wore long, black flowing robes. In his hand he held the weapon of a Jedi Knight. A lightsaber! Could this dark man be one of their own? No. He had the aura, and the confidence of a Jedi but the the ripples that emanated from him through the force were decidedly dark. Cold. Death-like. Dangerous.

All stood in silence. Watching, evaluating each other. Then, in one smooth motion, the dark man removed his cloak. It dropped softly to the cold stone floor, creating a gentle breeze that rustled the cloaks of the Jedi. If they had feared this unknown assailant before they were terrified of him now. His skin was of a light-absorbing black highlighted by a bright red tattoo imprinted on his face. Ten horns adorned his head and his eyes glowed of a blood red that rivaled the blade of his lightsword. He was danger incarnate. Death with a lightsaber.

Padawan D'Yad swallowed hard in hopes of banishing his fear. But the uneasy expression on his granite colored face belayed the tension they were all feeling. The three of them shifted nervously in their battle stances as the dark man began to pace slowly from side to side, just as a predatory animal stalking it's prey.

I can feel their fear.

Nus jerked as if someone had spoken to him. Had he just heard something? Who is this man? The only people who could cause this sort of ripple through the force were the...no, it couldn't be. But what other explanation could there be? He had to be a Sith.

At last the horned man broke the silence, "You should have run too," he sneered. And without warning, the battle of destiny began.

[This message has been edited by Dag Obough (edited 03-30-2000).]

9. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Great. I can't wait to see where this is going.

10. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Great start, you've certainly got my attention. I look forward to more.

11. Dag Obough

Mar 13, 2000
    Shameless promotion time. To the top!

12. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
  13. Dag Obough

Mar 13, 2000
    Sorry I haven't posted in a while, work continues to intrude on my writing time. I should have more soon.

14. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    That's okay. Just post when you can.

15. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Im curious: Whats the way we get a film put up here? what are the criteria? and if u dont put it up, are we allowed to put it on a site ourselves, and advertise here in the forum?

16. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    I won't go into the specifics of the selection process but I have certain criteria that must be met. Film also have to meet certain general requirements (this is located on the Add a Film link).

If we do not accept a film, that just means we will not host it. You can use the forums to let people know about it. When the film is finished and posted, TFN FanFilms will even post a news article about it (if you tell me).

I just ask that you do not spam the messageboard with ads for your films.

17. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    ok man thanx
    fear not, no spamming shall occour

18. Saeed

Saeed Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
    I believe that if TFN FANFILMS did divulge more specific criteria, that it would help a great many fan film makers...

I've tried to get my SW film distributed in the UK, both on magazine coverdiscs and amateur movie maker sites (edited for copyright by the way). The responses I get range from not bad/okay to 'acting so wooden, I got splinters' and 'your special effects aren't so special'...

You may think such a film would have no chance in such a high calibre site as TFN, but in fact they have already agreed to host it! Oops...said too much...me and my big mouth...

Obviously, Azeem and Co. are much more gracious people than the ones who made the above comments, but a lot of this has to do with the way fanfilms are judged. Many people, particularly this side of the Atlantic, are already biased against sci-fi, even if you make a good sci-fi movie. If I was considering submitting the same film now, after hearing those comments, I would have lost hope and probably not bothered. With a detailed criteria, however, one can make a much more informed decision on not just whether to submit, but also whether to continue working on your film to reach the sort of high standards these criteria would suggest.

Hope I didn't go on too long... I just registered today, and I'm eager to join in!

19. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
  20. Jean

Jean Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2003
    Upping for the move

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.