main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars for Our Troops!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sarnia, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Hi,

A petition has just been created so our Troops overseas can see Star Wars too!

You can go to the following site to sign the petition, the body of the petition is below:

http://www.petitiononline.com/swtroops/petition.html

To: Lucasfilm
    With the worldwide release of Star Wars Ep. III The Return of the Sith approaching, there is a group of people who should not be left out. Our US Troops serving overseas in various branches of the military. Many may be in areas where it is impossible to see a movie, but there are just as many who are serving at bases with their own theater. Usually the movies shown at these theaters have been out for several months before they get it. I think that for a movie as monumental as the final Star Wars that special arrangements should be made by Lucasfilm to ensure that our troops get to see the movie as close to the same time as everyone else.

This subject is close to me because I recently learned that a dear friend of mine will be deployed just before the release. He is a big Star Wars fan and had planned to take leave and camp out with me for tickets in costume. However all of those plans for him are gone. He will be overseas serving at a military base when the film is released. It is possible that he might be back from his tour of service before the base could even get the movie. This would prevent him from even getting to see it on a large screen. I would love for him to get there and find out that he will be able to see the movie that he has looked forward to for years. To see a bit of the familiar while far from home is always a boost for moral. He has told me of several friends he has made in the Air Force who are also fans and will be deployed the same time.

I hope that you to feel that something should be done to allow our troops serving overseas to watch the next and final Star Wars movie. Please show your support for our troops.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

2. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i did it

3. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

I did it too. And I think it is awesome.
    Later Days...

4. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    I was number 51.

5. darth-jar

darth-jar Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    It is done. Signed

6. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    and if all else fails I have a back up plan to share the goodness.

7. Darkmood

Darkmood Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2004
    I jsut signed it through the 501st boards.

8. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Number 58, yo.

9. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I decided to try a more direct route... The online petitions don't usually carry very much weight... Unfortunately :(

10. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    depending on the base overseas (and the movie), a lot of times they will get a movie about a month or two after it comes out in the US (at least that was the case when I was at Saudi and Qatar...it may be different for the bases in Iraq and Afghanistan)...so is there something saying that Lucasfilm won't be sending it over there or something? Otherwise I don't see much point to the petition.

that said, I'll still sign the petition...even if I don't think it'll do any good.

11. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    The point to this is so they can see it at the same time as everyone else... Instead of waiting for that month or 2... If they do anothe rglobla release, it would only be a matter of sending a few prints to the Armed Forces Entertainment Department

12. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    hehe, easier said than done. it's not cheap to just send a few prints off. Not saying they won't do it or that they shouldn't...just that "a matter of sending a few prints to the Armed Forces Entertainment Department" is a bigger deal than it sounds to most of us. And you know I'm all for it, knowing what it's like to be over there.

13. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    That would be why I put the bug in a few key ears about 3 months ago :D [face_devil]

14. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    In Korea, we'd usually get movies 4-6 weeks after they came out in the states.

With the worldwide release of Star Wars Ep. III The Return of the Sith approaching...

Someone oughta tell them it might help to get the name of the movie right. :p

15. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    I'm number 91.

16. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Number 170. Signed and thanks for your support!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.