main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Forever

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by SithLordPat, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordPat

SithLordPat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2005

Beta BFII pictures, Wallpaper, Star Wars scripts, Cheats on SW Vgames, etc...

2. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Perhaps if you would like us to discuss your site then you could provide a link for us to see? :)

3. SithLordPat

Mar 30, 2005
    I did post a link. I keep trying to post a link for my site and it won't work for me. But it's in my profile.

4. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
  5. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Everything seems too far to the left to me. I think you could probably spread the site out to the right and middle more. That way, there is not just a giant purple space off to the right.

Also, I assure you that there will never be an Episode 0, Episode VII, Episode VIII or Episode IX. Don't listen to SuperShadow, because all he does is lie.

6. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    What is the primary focus of your website? Is it just general Star Wars information? If so, it isn't any different than thousands of other websites out there, and will have a really hard time getting a good amount of visitors, especially with multiple well-established general Star Wars sites.

7. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Agreed. There is TF.N and SW.com, along with countless others.

8. SithLordPat

Mar 30, 2005
    Withing three day's of my BFII section being put up, I already had two thousand plus visitors. To bad, the report of EP.0 came from the Force.net, the main site.

9. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Yes, but later they came out with another report stating that it was a false rumor.

10. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    Just curious, how did you measure the number of visitors?

11. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Yes, I agree with Jeff. You said:

But, your hitometer only says 1933.

12. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    Well, there is a difference between "Hits", "Visits", and other terms, even between different counter programs. Some just count how many times the counter has been loaded. If it's on every page, it might count every time someone visits another page, which really isn't a unique visitor.

For example, using the "Webalizer" stats for my domain, since September, I've had 11,909,819 "hits" and 287,649 "visits". I think it counts a "hit" for each file that is loaded, and a "visit" for every unique visitor within a certain time period (meaning if someone visits a bunch of pages within that time period, it only counts as one visit, but if they visit again a couple days later, it registers as a second visit).

So, without knowing what numbers you're actually looking at and referring to, it's impossible to know just how much (or how little) traffic your site has had.

13. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    That's true...still, three days and 2000+ seems unrealistic to me.

14. SithLordPat

Mar 30, 2005
    Unrealistic maybe, but the people at the LucasArts forums were mad for BattleFront Pictures so I gave it to them and they flocked like muslims toward meca.

15. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    [face_laugh]

Yeah, at FS.N we put up the International Harry Potter and TGOF trailer without french subtitles and the people at AICN went nuts. We had 10,000+ visitors in like two days. It was awesome :p

16. SithLordPat

Mar 30, 2005

No VII, VIII, or IX, eh? Oh how times change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.