main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars forum or Harry Potter...?

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by etswell, Nov 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. etswell

etswell Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2001
    I have watched this site for awhile and have noticed that it seems to be bashing Star Wars more than endorsing it, with quotes from Film Threat, a noted anti-Lucas site. Also they seem to be talking of how much Harry Potter is going to destroy star wars and all other franchises. Harry Potter does have a huge following, so did POKEMON, when it's 1st film came out it did great, then tapered off, the follow-ups did less business each time. Harry Potter is like Barbie, kids love it because they see themselves as Harry, when they set a certain personality to the character, they feel that it's not how they viewed Harry, whcich is why they have never made a live-action Barbie film, for it will destroy the play value and start hurting the line.
    Harry Potter will open huge, because of the books, the HYPE, and the Srar Wars trailer attached. But, just like you constantly point out about the fall-off of Episode I, it will happen to it mostly when LOTR comes out. But, I digress, This a Star Wars site, not Harry Potter, make comparisions all you like but 10 articles of how great the film will be and all of the negative articles over the next SW film is very annoying and shows a lack of care for the fans who come to check on progress of their favorite film series.

2. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Where is all of this taking place? I'd be lucky if I found a half-dozen threads talking about Harry Potter.

3. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    What are you talking about I thought this was a Harry Potter site?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.