main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Star Wars: Galactic Conquest 8.0 (a Battlefield 1942 mod)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by SithLordPat, Aug 5, 2014.

1. SithLordPat

SithLordPat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    Hello all!

I know Battlefront is on the horizon, and Battlefield 1942 is a mostly forgotten memory, but some may remember Galactic Conquest. The mod was done by an indie team, and received commendations from LucasArts, Gamespot.com, and was even featured on TechTV's (G4) X-Play tv-show, in June of '04.

The game was recently patched to an 8.0 version, and has its own dedicated server on GameTracker. We also have a Players Group on Facebook where we coordinate games, post Twitch streams, and help new members install the mod (we have an installer, and it's literally two clicks after the vanilla installation of BF1942.exe). On top of that is the main Facebook page you can like.

I'm Verranicus in-game, so hope to see you on the battlefieldfront :)

Let me, or any one on the group know if you need help with installation.

May the Force be with you all!

2. SithLordPat

Mar 30, 2005
  3. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I'm an old school BF1942 gamer and I played a lot of Galactic Conquest back in the day. I still have BF1942 installed on my comp though I don't play it much these days. It was a gem and few of the BF games have come close to the innovative good times that the original presented. Yes indeed...good times....good times. :)

4. SithLordPat

Mar 30, 2005
    Vezner, we're going to be having an event this Friday with the Moongamers (a clan). Should be a good turn out, I'd encourage you to join us for a night of Galactic Conquesting.