main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Galaxies...Again

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Joseph_Orion, Jun 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Ok, so I went to the mall to buy a new game for my computer and decided just to break down and try out Star Wars Galaxies. I won't be able to get it up and running until at least 5 hours (at work and spending time with girlfriend afterwards) but before I log in, is anyone playing? I had this problem with Sims Online...i started playing and realized a bunch of my real-life friends were playing too but in a different town and I already had a really cool guy built up in my town. So if anyone is playing, let me know your name and the place where you're playing and I'll start there :)

2. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Well I've got it and I'm still trying to get the hang of things, but I'd like to know who is where too :D

3. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    so is it like rebellion in the way that when you are on line the program is isolated or can you still surf and stuff like solitare ?

4. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    Nope, you can't surf and play solitaire. It takes up the whole screen and it eats a TON of memory. It's not a bad game, it's decent. Still learning as I go but it's ok. The Combat system is all screwey...a womp rat can take about 40 barrages of 5 blaster bolts and still beat you up lol

My character is Jorien and he lives on the server of RADIANT and I hang out on Tatooine. It's the Hip place, man...smugglers, thieves, the whole bit.

So everyone that's playing should list their character, which server they're playing on (ex: Radiant, Starsider, etc.) and what planet they're hanging out on. Maybe we can get a whole group to go do missions with :)

5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    i was playing the beta about a month or so ago. i couldn't get into it though. i guess i'm not much for online rpg's.

6. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    yeah, mmo games just aren't my bag.

7. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
  8. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Well now I'm in the Eclipse galaxy hanging out on Talus. Interesting place there...

9. YouDontKnowMe

YouDontKnowMe Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Is it true it takes a long time to become a Jedi?

10. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    I have a character on Eclipse. I think it's my Brawler Zabrak character. I'd have to double check it. We oughta hook up on there and go kill stuff. What skill are you?

Don't know anything about Jedi, don't care about em either :) It takes place during the rebellion, so Yoda/Obi-Wan and Luke are fine with me.

11. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I'm an artisan, and things always manage to kill me ;) However if you need stuff surveyed I'm you're girl!

12. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    Excellent, maybe you could learn how to make me a really good staff to knock some heads with! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.