main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Galaxies: an Empire Divided

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by Moff_Mykhell, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Not my pic but thought people would want to see.

Vader!

2. Essence

Essence Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2003
    Vader! So cool!

3. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    UGH! They changed the pic i posted. Oh man how lame. Sorry guys. I'm fired.

4. Essence

Jul 16, 2003
    Gonna do it...

Eep, I am going to make that step and buy the game. I have never played a MMORG before so this should be interesting. But I want to play! So I will see what happens. I haven't a clue what I am supposed to do. Though, it looks like my comp meets the requirements so I am set there. We'll have to see what I end up doing tomorrow!

5. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Did you make a character yet? Which server are you on? I'm on Kauri.

6. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    don't play with dex, he'll only tell you you're too bright

:p

7. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    It must be something about you...first your character...then the board colors....

*shrug*

;)

8. Essence

Jul 16, 2003
    I suck! I suck so bad that it's hilarious. I am talking about watching my character run straight across the field Han Solo style while being chased by creatures out to destroy. The server I am on doesn't seem to have very friendly types, but I just got the game so that's not fair to say, I guess. I am still trying to figure things out. Never played a game like this before. Thing is, I love to talk and role play. That's fun for me, but no one talks back! Hmph. So I am going to try again this weekend.

I am on Gorath? I think that is what it is called. My character's name is Kiae Darkmist. If anyone ever plays on the Gorath server, look me up! Then once I get the hang of this,I will creat esome new people on different servers :)

9. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Well stop by Kauri sometime and look me up (Tol Doneeta). What planet are you on?
    As a noob, I wouldn't venture too far away from the cities at first. And learn where you button is for Burst Run! :)

10. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    sir...how did that happen...you posted under ed's name! :p

11. Essence

Jul 16, 2003
    Grrrr!

Okay, I am not having so much fun with this game. I ended up on the server where everyone seems to speak German. I don't speak German and therefore I don't have many peopl to talk to.

Does anyone know if there are specific servers for specifics languages? I speak English and well, that's about it. And a little French, but not fluent.

Help! I want to have fun, meet people, and roleplay!

12. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    I would say change servers. There should be plenty of servers that have english as the dominate language. I know Valcyn was an english speaking server. Hopefully you haven't put too much time in you character.

As for me, I have canceled my account to SWG. Sadly it didn't live up to my expectations =\

13. Essence

Jul 16, 2003
    oh, sorry to hear that! I know that I am having a hard time enjoying the game (for the reasons I mentioned) but I am hoping as soon as I find some like kind, I'll get more into it. I thought you had liked the game? You sounded like you were having fun before. What ended up happening, if I may ask? Thanks for the advice though

14. Moff_Mykhell

Moff_Mykhell Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2003
    Miss Essence, you should really switch servers. it is so much nicer to be able to speak the same language as the rest of the players on your world. socializing is a very big part of the game, (teaching skills, trading items, etc.). anyways, i'm on the "eclipse" server, planet "Naboo". I'm still having lots of fun...... besides the games little flaws, i still think this game is great.

15. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Moby signed in to my PC to get info for your meet Sat. and I never signed him off. LOL
    Essence: the server I'm on (Kauri) is the Unoffical French server. I would say 95% speak English though ;)
    There are some Unofficial foreign language servers, so you may want to ask around.

16. Phlonet

Phlonet Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2003
    I played in the beta, but had a hard time getting into the game. It seemed too much like all the other fantasy MMORPG games out there, but with a little technology thrown in. However, the character creation section was the best I've seen. I had more fun playing with that than the game itself! :)

Unfortunately I've recently been roped back into playing Everquest... I was free for almost two years too :(

17. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    I just got bored of it. I've been playing everquest for a while. And i guess i just jumped into SWG expecting more. I don't like how all the equipment you get is player dependent. You can't go out and find stuff to use in game. Just doesn't seem like there is any content. Go out do missions is all there is to do. Not to mention all the bugs, nerfs, and other such silliness.

18. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Yeah, unless you do some socializing, the game will get boring quickly. I've been suggesting to those asking about the game to wait about 6 months and give it a try.
    Hopefully, there will be more content then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.