main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Galaxies is out. Who is playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by Blackdog, Jul 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackdog

Blackdog Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2003
    I'm on the Scylla Galaxy on Corellia, near Bella Vista. If anybody is on whenever the time, message me. Phoenix Orion is my name there. I'm usually on in the mornings after 10am or in the evenings after 9pm.

Also if you are interested, our PA (player association) Pax Imperius is there as well.

http://www.paximperius.com

2. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I want to play sooooo bad! This game is teasing me.....

(I just got an error saying only 1 message per minute is allowed - since when have they done that?)

3. JediKnight_Jerri

JediKnight_Jerri Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2002
    I want to play that to Natalie! Hope to soon!

The warning on 1 minute post......I don't know when they started not letting you post under a minute. I do know that it used to be that if you did post under a minuter apart that your post didn't count on your total post. Maybe they fixed it so you would get credit for everything you do post. (Just a thought)

4. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    So whats your character and what are the coolest things about the game?

5. Blackdog

Jul 2, 2003
    My guys name is Phoenix Orion, he is a smuggler from Corellia. He is basically a character I created a few years back when I was thinking up a short story fan-fic that happened in the times of after RotJ...he basically starts off as this smuggler who has no clue that he (and his elder brother Zarrn) has a very powerful touch to the Force. He never realizes it till the Mercanry Kyle Katarn comes across him on Coruscant.

Anyways, so far in game I am on Corellia in Coronet city with my Player Association Pax Imperius (an imperial PA). We are trying to be the PA that has the first PA hall on the Scylla Server. Hopefully that will go thru.

As for my Guy, I shall post a few screenshots sometime down the road. I'm just having way too much fun playing the actual game to take a screenshot! :)

6. Blackdog

Jul 2, 2003
    Woo hoo. Pax Imperius is officially the First PA on Scylla! :D

7. BrianMan

BrianMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2000
    So it's worth the subscription fee?

Man, that game looks cool. The funny thing is I heard from a beta tester that he never even saw a Jedi during the run, so if you see one better take screenshots, because that's supposedly a rare event. Which makes sense.

8. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Ok, I'm confused, could you explain just what is SW Galaxies? How do you get it?

9. Blackdog

Jul 2, 2003
    http://www.starwarsgalaxies.com

It is a Multi-Massive Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG) set in the Star Wars universe, between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. You can create a character from several different alien species (including humans), start on several planets (Corellia, Naboo, Lok, Tatooine, Dantooine, Endor and a few more). It is skill-based, not level based like Everquest or Anarchy Online.

Its really fun to me. Not to mention the ONLY MMO I've ever been able to get into and play for a month and love to play it.

10. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    I've heard it compared to the closest thing to being in teh SW galaxy with a real character. I wish I could play sooo bad but alas it has such huge and specific erquirements for you comp.

Plus I think I'll wait for them to get all the bugs out...not that I have much of a choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.