main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Star Wars Galaxies: Why I haven't been playing

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonnyFlamehead

JonnyFlamehead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    wow, I leave the boards for a few days and everyone is arguing with each other.

Here's my two cents anyway, even though We were asked to stop...

I love Galaxies, still.... =D

H00ray for Galaxies!

pen and paper RPG's are fun too they just move a little too slow for me.

2. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Yeah Galaxies!!!! I was doing missions for the Emporer himself yesterday! Woot!

3. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    And now let me tell you my sad story...... I bought a Sony VAIO laptop last summer, I noticed once that I had a little icon for EverQuest on my start menu, I thought it was weird because I didn't actually have the game..... then I thought little of it.... this summer I got that blaster Worm virus for Microsoft and my computer started going downhill....just this weekend.... i wiped my hard drive, and while I was getting my system recovery cds out I saw that I indeed got a copy of EverQuest for free with my laptop....woohoo...said I ... I will now play EverQuest to my heart's content, when I was done with my system recovery I installed EverQuest, but when I went to create an account it asked for my CD Key....it said that this would either be printed on the Cd or the jewel case the CD came in....it was not on the CD and since I got this CD for free with my VAIO it came with one of those dumb paper type cover thingies..... so no CD Key number.....sadly, I cannot play EverQuest now and I am mightily bummed.....poo! The End

4. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    ummm you would have had to pay a monthly fee to play it anyway.

5. Arphaxad_Magus

Arphaxad_Magus Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2003
    Jonny Flamehead = nerd!

Heh, Sony did you a favor by not giving you a CD key. Now instead of playing games all day, you'll get some work done! Huzzah!

6. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    I don't care about paying a monthly fee!!!! I want to play my dang game!!!! and personally I think I get enough done in my life.... and since the game was cancelled on Sat. I was looking forward to playing EverQuest all nite!!!! BTW, I went to the Ren Fair this weekend....it was quite enjoyable....

7. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Some have said that Galaxies is Everquest in Space. I don't know how true that is (Flamehead would know), but if you're going to play an online game, you might as well make it Galaxies.

By the way, for all those who have contributed to this thread and are interested: Toku and I got a chance to talk in person, and it's all good. We understand where we were coming from and what we were trying to communicate, and there are no hard feelings on either side, we realize there were just some miscommunications and misunderstandings. So, that 'portion' of this thread is officially over. Balance had been restored to the Force.

Game On!!

Expect the RPG to be back this next Saturday. I have some new ideas to implement that might make the game better.

8. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Well Petra, I have some EQ CDs I could pass your way. I have up to the Scars of Velious expansion. I'm pretty sure the CD keys are still intact. Let me know if you want me to bring them Sat night.

9. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    EQ?! You should play neverwinter nights (no monthly charge!), or Final Fantasy XI (looks to be really awesome, it comes out on the 28th).

10. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    I should be getting Galaxies sometime soon....and Talon you better be playing again by then so we can relive hunting together kinda like we did in AC.....hopefully I won't die as much.

11. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    Gerson, you would be my new best friend!!!! please bring those CDs if you're sure you won't miss them.....i'll be ever so grateful.... and i don't want to play Galaxies..... i will not jump on that bandwagon..... i'd just rather be a wood elf than a zabrak......perhaps i am just odd..... woohoo, got the new NJO book btw.....i will make short work of it i'm sure.... to the book!!!!!!

12. JonnyFlamehead

JonnyFlamehead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    Everquest is a great game there is no doubt about that. I played it for two years, and my lvl 60 SK OWNED!!! Unfortunaly they raised the level cap to 65 after I quit. But Galaxies is NOT EQ in space. The way the game is played is very similer but the zones in Galaxies are about 10 times the size of the zones in EQ, and soloing is a bit more difficult in EQ unless you have a class that can control a "pet." Galaxies is more solo friendly. I also should add that EQ is a bit harder because there isn't an in-game map that you can bring up of the whole zone, well at least not when I was playing. So you actually had to learn your way around using landmarks and such. Also when you die in EQ you have to run all the way back to your corpse to get your stuff back, which could take a long time, but in Galaxies you can clone your body so when you die you don't have so much downtime. Allthough I'm not sure if the developers have forgotten about the corpse issue in Galaxies or if they just decided to leave it the way it is. Also the battle systems in EQ and Galaxies are completley different. A good way to look at it is: Galaxies is skill based. EQ is level based. That's the main reason I like Galaxies better is because instead of just trying to reach the next level like in EQ you can work at different skills and really customize your character the way you want. If you change your mind about what path you've chose you don't have to start a new character, you can just surrender skills and start a new skill tree. In EQ you're stuck with what you chose from the beginning. If you change your mind, you have to start a new character.

I like Galaxies much better probably because the graphices are nicer and the setting is more like Star Wars.

Petra if you have any questions about EQ and starting characters I'll be happy to help you out with whatever you need. Allthough I only have expierence with ShadowKights and Necros, I still have a lot of friends that play EQ that can answer anything I don't know.

13. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    shwee!!! thanx jonny......

14. cbielich

cbielich Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    Yeah Galaxies is the most addicting game I have ever played :)

P.S. I found a tTwin-Cluster Crystal Yesterday made to make Duel Sabers :)

C

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.