main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Star Wars Galaxies

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by yodaismygod, Jun 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Finally! I have been following this game online for a much very long long time. Is anyone else here planning on playing?

2. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
  3. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I'd love to but I don't really feel like buying any new games right now.

And isn't there some evil fee to play online?

4. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    10 bucks a month I think

Edit: Of course, when you think about it, it's not really that much. How much do people spend on cell-phones? 30, 40, 50 a month? And that's only for a few hundred minutes, with free nights and weekends or course. A lot of the people that are going to be patronizing this service don't really have social lives (I'm not saying everyone, just a lot). They're not spending all that money on a phone to talk to other people, so this is a way for them to communicate in a different way.

For the casual user that will only play a few hours each month, yes it's a lot. But for the person playing several hours a day, it's really a good deal.

5. _Mike_

_Mike_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2002
    I would get it, but only three things keep me from it.
    1.) It costs money.
    2.) It keeps on costing money.
    3.) It is Winblows only. (Although I am getting a Winblows on the 25th of August. *shivers*)

6. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    Those IBM Thinkpadss are the ugliest POSs. I still can't believe that they opted for those instead of power/ibooks. When they first got laptops for teachers at CBC, the IBMs were always screwing up and breaking. Out of all the teachers that had powerbooks, they only had one major problem. The problem is stupid parents thinking that they're sons laptops won't be "compatible" (most that are concerned don't even know what that means) with their stuff at home.

You have my deepest sympothies, Mike.

7. _Mike_

_Mike_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2002
    *idly notes that most educational software is Mac and Windows, and most windows only hardware can be made to work on a Mac* My webcam for instance. I just browsed sourceforge till I found some drivers *shrugs and rabs at those concerned with compatibility*

8. Son_of_Suns

Son_of_Suns Jedi Grand Master

Mar 16, 2002
    I was a Beta tester for it, so I'll definitely play it. That is, if they ever get the servers working again...

9. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    Sorry about my absence after I posted it. I got the game and am thouroughly addicted. Son what server(s) do you play on?

Anyway for those who haven't tried it, it is very fun.

10. Son_of_Suns

Mar 16, 2002
    I'm on Gorath, though I occasionally play my brother's character on Radiant. I'm going to make another character later when they launch the other servers. What server(s) are you on?

11. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    I play on Bria, or Brai, I don't remember how it is spelled, I started a char on Gorath originally, but I died far enough away from town early enough I decided it would be better to just make a new char.

12. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    I won't be playing it. Too much money, too little time to play and get the money's worth.

At least it came out though... ;)

13. Stl_Imperial

Stl_Imperial Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2002
    I just bought it over the weekend. For you guys that have it and have played it, just imaging my frustration. I have the game sitting next to me but my computer is just a hair shy on the slow side of being able to run it. I have read about it in the player's guide that I also bought. I have talked to people that have it and play it. And I have been watching the progress for the last three years. So tonight was supposed to be "the night" when my friend sold me his current system and he ended up busting the fan for the CPU. So I have to wait yet another day or two. I swear I think someone has seriously messed with the time/space thing because this night is going dreadfully slow. I did get a chance to go see T3 though. Very cool movie but that is for another thread. So for those that are playing tell me something. Any suggestions on what to start as? I am thinking that I am going to start as a marksman. I am thinking that will be my route because I can't decide on the idea of growing up to become a smuggler or a bounty hunter. The one thing that it seems that no one knows anything about is the whole idea of who is force sensitive or how one becomes a jedi. To those playing, have you run across anything as of yet? Well maybe tomorrow I shall begin my trip down the dark path so "it can" forever dominate my destiny. :) hehehe

14. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    if he just busted the fan that wont cost much or take long to install, so you should be able to play very soon

ps. is there anyway that you could buy the game without paying monthly things? it sounds like fun but i dont want to pay every month for a game

15. Son_of_Suns

Mar 16, 2002
    Stl Imperial, if you are wanting to be Imperial, the city of Bestine on Tatooine is a pretty good place. There's always a bunch of them there, and you can often find groups to work with. My main character is Imperial, so if you happen to play on the Gorath server, look me up. My name is Lije.

16. Son_of_Suns

Mar 16, 2002
    Stl Imperial, Bestine on Tatooine is a good place to go if you want to be Imperial. You'll find plenty of fellow Imps that you can join up with to blast some Rebel scum, which is also good for your marksman experience (I got over a thousand pistol points for helping take down a Rebel General). If you happen to play on Gorath server, look me up. My name is Lije.

Dudeman, the first month is free when you buy the game, hbut you have to pay after that, using one of several payment plans. This is necessary to cover the costs of servers, the Live Team, updates that will be continuously added, etc..

17. Stl_Imperial

Stl_Imperial Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2002
    Well it just so happens that I am on the Gorath server. My character's name is DoupleTap. He is a marksman. I do like that name. Well anyways....I started out on Corelia. I was very tempted to go to Bestine or Mos Eisley but for the most part I was just really curious of what the planet looked like. But all that aside feel free to send me a message.

Later

P.S. For those that are not willing to pay the $15 to play, I can honestly say that is the last thing from my mind when I think about the game. It is trivial for everything you will see and experience. Trust me!

18. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    do you use like credit things that you can pay for in the game? or does it have to be 10 or 15 a month?

19. Son_of_Suns

Mar 16, 2002
    You pay all at once with a credit card for an amount of time that you can pick. The more time for which you sign up, the less it costs per month. I don't remember all the prices, but I know if you sign up for a year it's $12/month, so you pay $144.

20. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    The game sounds great and looks like tons of fun, but:
    1) to cost too much for my student-sized budget
    2) it has a monthly fee
    3) my computer's fast enough but my internet is WAY too slow
    4) I saw what that stupid Everquest did to my guy's life and I don't need that
    5) Man, I'd spend way to much time on the game and not enough on the importants, like school, my job, and probably regular bathing

So there you have the top five reasons why Jedi Dajuan does not have Galaxies. But really if it weren't for reasons 2 & 3 I'd probably have bought it anyway. Star Wars rules.
    Jedi Dajuan

21. Son_of_Suns

Mar 16, 2002
    It just now occurred to me that I posted twice a couple days ago. Sorry about that. At the time it didn't seem to take the first one. Oops.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.