main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA Star Wars Galaxies

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by YoungJedi11, Jun 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Just saw this too...
    "the badge of compassion is gained by looting a letter of a corpse in the start of the warren and giving it to a woman at the bottom"

2. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    Yeah, that's one of two badges you can get from the Warren.

3. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    OK, more detail:

"Basically, to get the second badge you need all 4 evidence items, gathered from terminals you can 'download' from, scattered throughout the warren. All 4 are AFTER you go down the restricted elevator and are within the north 1/4 of the base.

To get the 4th, and hardest evidence disk:

First, check to see Teraud is dead already, he's in northeastern corner of the Warren, alone in a room. If you can't fine Teraud, chances are you can walk right in there and get the 4th piece of evidence without going through the rest of the puzzle. Otherwise, follow the steps below.

Go to the room with the altered AT-ST. Sneak around and get 2 rods from crates called 'drum'. Head to the reactor room (south easter corner). First step is use the reactor overrid, its located on the wall in the large room at the far south east of the base. Next go into the reactor room, just north of the reactor control room. Talk the the NPC.. he tells you about an impending reactor overload, mentiions the rods (got 'em), mentions the override (did that), and tells you the rods need to go in the trash...

WARNING!!! MAKE SURE ALL PETS ARE GROUPED/DO NOT USE PETS!!!!!!! This is critical. east of the NPC is a small room with 2 crazies, kill 'em. One person in your group should have permission to access the drum in the small room. Give that person BOTH rods and they should place the rods in the drum.

Now, you have to head to Teraud. He's on the same level in the north eastern corner. Kill his buddies. Killing him MAY be optional, we killed him anyway, but the 4th evidence disk is actually in a room south of him, so its possible to distract him and reach the terminal.

I was traffic controller for a group. I was killed early on in the dungeon and stayed as a corpse using groupchat to direct people around. After they killed Teraud I was able to get back to the base AFTER cloning and walking 3.8k, and still retrieve the evidence from Teraud's office. Once the reactor is cleared EVERYONE can get down to his office and retrieve the data. This is the most complex sequence, worse than the silly 'deactivate turrets, use 4 keys to unlock elevators, use elevator on a different level of the complex.

Intellect and Altruism badges: How and Where
    http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=jedi&message.id=58276
    Helpful FSCS hints http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=jedi&message.id=65531
    ---
    Isa Lodeah - Ranger 4/4/4/0
    Specializing in Nabooian fiberplast and Ranger supplies"

AND

"The reactor core is currently bugged. In order to gain access to it, you must be the FIRST person to access it for that day. After the first person accesses it, no one else besides that person has access until the server is reset.

So go early, or dont expect to get evidence #4, which is the only one that is hard to get.

»BLAAC XAGA« Eclipse -- Master Bio Engineer - Master Creature Handler
    »PSY DEVALIA« Wanderhome -- Bounty Hunter - Carbineer"

Bummer

I also have disk 3/3 and something else in my datapad...did everyone get that too?

4. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    Hoooooollllyyyy craaaaaaaaappppp!

Matt, you're my best friend in the world, and I love you.

5. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Wow, I need to talk to Max and Mavik, get out there and get some more badges. :)

6. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    I've got badges! :D

7. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Hey....wait, wait!

What're you guys so excited about?

8. Réka

Réka Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    No, no, see, the correct question is, "What the heck are you guys talking about?"

Warren? Merit badges? What is this, some freaky variant of the Boy Scouts?

9. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Hey, if you go back, I want to too. :~) Sounds like you need to camp with a group and all the keys and rods ready to go.

YJ, just wanting to know...what's all the thankfulness for? :~)

Réka, in completing certain quests or missions you can earn "badges," which may or may not affect the story arc of the game or your charcter.

10. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    I wanna see that place, it sounds cool.

11. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    I've been a bit under the weather so I'll be home all day Thursday if anyone wants to try at some insane hour then.

:~D

Or, just try to get the first one done.

I read some cool threads on how to get the Tatooine desert badges, if anyone wants to try those sometime too.

BTW, we still on for the group SS tonight?

12. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    I got Yu-Gi-Oh badges. :D

13. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Feel better GB!

I would be up for getting some badges, just catch me online somewhere. :)

14. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
  15. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    K I feel enough like a dork.
    So I'll stop postin in this here thread.

16. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey VCFF.. I don't mean to intrude on your board here, but I need some help with Galaxies, there's only one other person I know in the LA Fan Force that's playing, and he's away right now.
    I've been playing Galaxies pretty much from the beginning, but I'm still kind of a newbie. I'm progressing REALLY slow. Anyway, I just purchased a Mineral Extractor, but I can't use it because it needs power.. where/how do I get power for it!??
    I'm on Tatooine on the Intrepid server.
    Help me VCFF.. you're my only hope.

17. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Hiya, JediRacer!

To use the mineral extractor, you need power. The easiest way to get this (if you don't have a wind or solar or radioactive harvester) is to purchase it at the bazaar. Look for solar or wind power, those I believe are easy to find at most bazaars. It can be rather expensive, so shop around a bit or run some missions first, if you are short on credits.

To place the harvester, you'll need to either survey for the mineral you want to harvest, or get a waypoint to a good spot from someone who can survey. Try to find an area of a high concentration of whatever you're looking for to place it. You will also need to keep up maintenance on it periodically (both power and credits) to keep it operational. If you check the radial menu on the harvester and check the "Status" of the harvester, it will tell you how much power and money it has to operate for how long.

You will also want to check the concentration levels once in a while, as resources are constantly being reset. What may start out as a good place to harvest, say, plumbum iron, may be completely dry of it in two weeks.

BTW, if you want to come over and play with us, we're pretty much all playing on Naritus, with a few people having other characters on other servers too.

:~)

18. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Thanks GentleBant!
    So I have to buy a power generator too? Ok.. I bought the Mineral Extractor so I can build up enough resources so I can do some major crafting and build up my XP. It was taking so long to get the samples myself. I'm having fun with the game now. Someone was nice enough to give me a scout blaster so now I can kill little animals with ease. I hated being incapacitated by those little buggers. I was trying to become a Weaponsmith (that's why I need so much crafting XP), but I've gained a lot of XP being an entertainer (I got to Entertainer III in only one night!). So we'll see where my destiny lies.
    I would come visit you guys, but you can't jump servers can you?
    Thanks for all your help!

19. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Sure, no problem. :~)

You don't HAVE to buy a power generator...the power itself is buyable on the bazaar.

:~)

I know what you mean about being incapped easily...I'm a doc in the game and my poor character gets downed, even with enhances, pretty quickly. :~D

Fortunately, I've got enough med skill now (and a nice pet, thanks to the HA fellow who gave her to me) that I get protected most of the time when I go adventuring. Being able to heal people and revive them (thanks AGAIN and AGAIN to marmakecam for the res kits!!!) helps me out when I venture outside of the medcenters.

Speaking of which, I haven't actually got to use a res kit on marma yet. I'm feeling rather guilty over this.

20. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    HEY! New warren updates!!!

"-The Warren: Changed reactor core in the Warren to automatically take the core rods, rather than waiting for them to be inserted.
    -The Warren: Fix for people getting trapped inside the Warren
    -The Warren: The goodbye letter now respawns more frequently on the corpse. It should no longer be necessary to camp the corpse."

Yeay!

21. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Welcome JediRace!

Yeah, time for some shameless promotion:

Marma is almost Master Armorsmith, so yeah, buy from him.

See, life in Galaxies is boring lately, nothing to say. :(

We are going to attempt to take the picture again tonight correct? :)

22. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Yes, pic! Pic! Pic!

23. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Wait for me! :(

24. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    I can't wait to see how this turned out :~)

I had a fun time of playing yesterday, even if I died and got incapped more yesterday than probably in the entire month before that. :~D

I got incapped twice just running outside of Espa, BEFORE even trying to get to the Warren (got incapped two more times on the way there), got incapped two or three times IN the warren (then slain) and who knows how many times on Dathomir. :~D Sheesh! (I have now added Shear Mites to my personal list of critters I *really* don't like to see, along with Nightsisters.) :~D

Seriously, I had a blast playing with you guys last night...even if I'm not much help with the actual hunting part, I like watching and being of use on adventures. I hope that if you decide to go do some stuff again that you wouldn't mind me tagging along. :~)

TGIF!!!!!!!!

25. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Thanks for your help GentleBant! Unfortunately, it came down to either spending money to buy a generator or just buy 1000 units of metal itself. I know in the long run, mining my own resources is better, but I wanted to gain XP point right away! So I bought the metal and just crafted a lot of survey devices to get XP. I'm at Engineer III right now...finally. Now I have the power to create my own wind power installation.

A group "picture" sounds cool! I wish there were more LA Fan Force members in Galaxies.. I tried taking a pic of myself and the one other member I know who's playing. But I forgot to bring the pic up before I turned off my computer. Oh well.. there will be other opportunities.

Have fun and stay away from those pesky little critters!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.