main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA Star Wars Galaxies

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by YoungJedi11, Jun 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaranne

Zaranne Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    Ah, got it...now I just need all of your game names...

2. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Ok, get a pencil...
    it is....

"GentleBant"

Um, hard to remember, huh?

3. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    <---- Cobalt.

4. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
  5. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    I'm Marma. I'll have another character in a couple days but no name yet.

6. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    /sigh

OK, I know this is still public, and as such, maybe vulnerable to outside eyes...but I need to just get something out.

It seems to me that a LOT of old standby's and long standing folks with HA have left in the last few months, and it really makes me sad. I know part of it is due to frustration with the game itself, or with the way SOE is handling things...but...

...some of it is definitely due to internal conflicts within the guild, and to me, it would seem, to be centered aroud a few individuals. Some people left the guild but stick around, choosing to stand up to the person(s) who seem to be sort of at the center of it all, and others choose to leave altogether.

It makes me sad.

That being said, I don't know, short of starting a whole new guild or really causing a big hoopla, can be done about it.

So, this is just a thought-sharing/get it out of my system type post.

/sigh

7. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Simply...HA isn't what it used to be. :(

:[face_sigh]:

8. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Things change, especially in games like this. It's hard for people to stay in the same place for a year or so. Don't forget though, on top of the new people we've gained we have also got back some old school members like Zabbie and Cent, even Esper. Not to mention not all the old school people who are "leaving" really left, such as Mike and Sif who are still more active on the forums than most people with the tag and Teecee is still going to remain in Corsica. Like I said, things change. I'm a lot more happy with the guild as it stands now then I was a few months ago and having Esper back in charge should only help things. Last but not least, we all know who most of these problems surround and that persons' power will be getting cut very short in the coming weeks.

9. PetraPanther

PetraPanther Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2002
    As someone whos first full day in Corisca was spent watching HA argue and then split, things seem to be much better than they were back in January. It is always sad to see people go, but like Marma was saying so far most of the people that have 'left' are still around HA in one way or another so I haven't felt that they are gone. The one person that left that I have noticed personally would be Gonza since he was in Corsica a lot of the times I was back during my first couple months. I hope that the 'farewells' aren't as often though, and that the bickering on the boards could cool down. Too many times its due to egos and and almost never to be constructive.

10. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Gonza is still in game if you miss him. :) He's in an entertainer guild from Dantooine, I forget their name. His new character is a master image designer named Alima.

11. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    I agree with what you two said. Even before though, it never got to the point where I would want to leave.

12. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    I agree with what you two said. Even before though, it never got to the point where I would want to leave.

Awwwww. :(

13. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    How did that elicit an "awwwww"?

14. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    I was admiring your un-wavering dedication to HA.

Think...sarcasm.

15. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Mike prefers to be the bitter guy who still hangs around even though he left when the going got tough. :)

Being dedicated and loyal isn't a bad thing. While I think just about everyone's thought about leaving at one time or another (myself included) it shows a lot of balls to stick it through all the hard times. The world needs more Garrett's... only not so tall.

16. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Mike prefers to be the bitter guy who still hangs around even though he left when the going got tough.

Finally someone who understands. :D

Though, that sort of irks me: I left when the going got tough? No. I stuck around until Kal became the Nazi dictator, then I got the hell out of there. I don't see that as being "tough", that's just not wanting to deal with an ass.

17. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Which you make us all do. :D

18. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Speaking of donkeys...;~).....Shrek 2 opens this week, right?

19. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Me thinks you left before that. Beside that though, if something isn't done about the Nazi soon a lot more people will be leaving. :(

20. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Marma, that was kinda my veiled thoughts, and sadness...

If something doesn't happen soon, HA will be completely new folks, with a few holdouts. *That* is what gets to me...

Good, hard-working members, who are dedicated to HA, are being worn down and drifting away. There are new people coming in, but the long term commaraderie is starting to fade.

It would almost be a better idea to have a "new" guild rise from the old....

21. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Which you make us all do.

Aren't we a mature bunch.

Let's all quit and start a new guild, I know at least half a dozen "old" HA members who would jump on board...

22. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Yes, yes, let's all quit and make a crappy little small guild like RI! No, we just need to rid ourselves of the current trouble maker and things will get back to normal... or normalish. And at least now we have a Jedi.

23. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002

Explain the immaturity in that plz.

24. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002

Explain the immaturity in that plz.

It's beyond your ability to comprehend.

25. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    ...And you're the one that just called me immature. Wow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.