main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA Star Wars Galaxies

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by YoungJedi11, Jun 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    EDIT: It said I had an error so I had to repost BUT it really worked so I erased it.

2. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    EDIT: It said I had an error so I had to repost BUT it really worked so I erased it... again.

3. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Okay so I've got lots to respond to:

First off, Garrett... you can't outrun a sandcrawler?

GB:

Apparently StarStrider is letting people in today. You might wanna give it another try.

After crashing you'll still have just about everything you had before the crash. You might have lost what you earned 5 mins before the crash or so but no more than that.

As for that bounty hunter mission; when you get missions from NPCs sometimes they'll be harder than terminal missions. The reason for this is the terminal gives missions based on your XP while NPCs always give the same mission no matter who they're giving it to.

A tip for getting around the "red dots". What I do it turn on the overhead map (ctrl-m) then you can see a layout of where the reds are. Often times you can make a path though them without them even noticing.

Lastly I just have to vent. Today I logged on and both of my rebel NPC pets (my "posse") dissapeared from my datapad!!! I'm so pissed! I had 3 and I lost one a couple days ago and 2 today! That's something like 4500 rebel faction points down the drain! Ahhhh I'm so mad!

4. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    Ok, they may look slow in ANH, but those things haul...fast.

And they Jawas were pretty pissed too.

5. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    YJ--a Sandcrawler? Chasing you? HUH?

What'd you do?

I had a blast following marmakecam and Keiran around on their missions, even if Keiran did manage to get us killed. ;-)
    The weird thing I noticed is how slow sometimes everything seems to be. Is that because Starstrider is so busy? I didn't notice this as much on other servers.

6. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    It depends on the planet, and yes, on the server.

This game is starting to get really stupid though.

7. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Well this sucks but as of late last night my PA has decided to move from Starstrider to the Natirus server. Although I really didn't want to start over (again) I decided that I really like the people in my PA and how it's run so I'm moving to Natirus. I have the same name on Natirus as Starstrider so if any of you decide to join me please send me a /tell when you're online. Thanks!

8. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Help, yet again...

OK, since playing yesterday, my computer (or at least the display) has gotten *incredibly* slow and cranky. It takes 20+ minutes now to start up, and everything (not just in the game) hiccups.

Ideas?

9. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Matt, you have once again proved, that, you SUCK.

GB, have you restarted it lately? My computer does that if it hasn't restarted after a while, especially with a game that takes as much RAM as Galaxies.

10. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    I moved to Natirus with Matt, and my character is cool physically and skillfully. Yeah.

11. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Holy freaking CRAP.

12. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Let's see....

marmakecam--hope your start over goes well! Are you ever going to use your Starstrider character at all?

YJ--yes, started over many times. After about 12 hours of work on the puter, it seems to be OK. I downloaded all kinds of patches and driver updates and patches for the driver updates and did a major disk clean up and changed acceleration settings and prayed a whole lot. Part of the problem I was having was that it would take 20+ minutes to reboot...and wouldn't always work. I hope everything's OK now!

Keiran, "et tu" eh? Moved you did! Will you guys still speak to me over in your new world? (I have to check and see if that's one of the servers I let the Mr. create a character in. If it is, I won't ever see you guys!)

YJ--why the exclamation, friend?

13. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    GB, we're alone now. :(

Not that it's any different. [face_plain]

14. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Don't feel bad guys. I will still play on Starsider whenever I get the chance. I have just been focusing on my other guy because I want to get him up to speed. :)

15. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Keiran, I'll give you all five of my Holocron splinters if you stay on Starsider.

16. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Ok, since my character on Starsider is not, and probably will never, be deleted, give them to me NOW.

17. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Will you be exclusively Starsider? :D

18. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    No, I like my PA. :p

19. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Oh, and before I forget, Force Heretic III: Reunion came out on the 1st. :D

20. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Dang it! Something else I need to buy. :/

21. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    I'm in Vegas until Sunday and I'm already having SWG withdrawls. Boooo!

Keiran, you gotta help me get my character up to speed when I get back!

22. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Will do, just don't gamble all your money away because you need that monthly payment! ;)

23. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Dear VCFF,

I have a problem. I don't seem to know anyone on my server. I did know some people, but they left in favor of a crappier server. Is there something I can to alleviate my galactic boredom? Regards,

Alone in Anchorhead

24. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Dear Alone In Anchorhead,

I recieved your letter with a heavy heart, I too have friends who I no longer see on my server. However, I was able to talk them into switching to the server I play on now, as it is less populated and much less laggy.

Regards, Crazy in Coronet

25. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Dear Crazy in Coronet,

Stuff it.

Signed,

Alone in Anchorhead

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.