main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Galaxies

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by DemonJedi, Nov 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DemonJedi

DemonJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    Guys this is a good game I signed up for a year subscription it cost $144.00 for the year, also when you buy the game you get the 1st month with the purchase of the game. However Best Buy now sells cards like calling cards for time on the game. I think if you r a Star Wars fan this is the game for you!!!

2. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    Let me see if I understand this right. After you pay for the game, you then have to pay to play it? That seems to be a huge ripoff to me, if I am understanding you correctly.

3. DemonJedi

DemonJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    Well when you get the game your 1st month comes with it and yes you have to pay to play it. Also you can only play it online, resen is so no one can hack or cheat because it is its own server. I thopught the same way you did about the game until I saw a buddie of mine playing it trust me you would to. However if money is tight with you then it isnt a game for you, dont get me wrong I dont throw money away either but to me it is well worth it in my book.

4. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I just canceled my subscription to galaxies... Th egame isextremely fun the first 2 month, then it gets very boring once you character is leveled to max and that you visited most of the planets... Not enough innovations to justify such a high fee.

5. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    They just added mounts (being able to ride certain creatures) and player cities, so they are working on updating the game. I still think it is tones of fun. There are plenty of NPC (non-player character) missions to do; you can work for Wedge...R2 and 3PO and lots of the major movie characters. There is enough to keep things somewhat interesting, at least until the space expansion comes out which will make the game infanitely better.

6. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I think it's boring as hell now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.