main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Star Wars Galaxies

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by _Mike_, Jul 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Mike_

_Mike_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2002
    http://www.fileplanet.com/files/140000/140938.shtml

14 day free trial. 'nuff said. :D.

I feel bad for all you with dialup and/or an old computer.

2. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Meh. If I had 14 days of free time, I might. But then I'd probably get addicted....

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm with Jon. Randy and I have a perma-ban on all internet games like that. After the Ever-Crack, he's not allowed, thus I'm not allowed. That and I don't have the money or modem for it.

4. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Come on guys, you know you want to. Its such a fun game. Anyway, you have till the end of the month to get in on the trial. Should you decide to join I am on the server called wanderhome, my name is kristo Banter.

Oh, and I don't think you can get addicted in the first two weeks. At that point its a decent game, but it really sucks to be a low level character.

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    You could always buy one off EBay like you can with other games. In reality my net connection is so slow I'd just bang my head against the wall. You guys know how slow I am with Galactic Battlegrounds (especially with more that 2 players), imagine me with a huge multi-player game.

6. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    GB wasn't that bad with you Dajuan, it was just when we put in the computer player, then it got screwed up.

As for Galaxies, I have a ban on that stuff too. It's gonna be hard for me to keep to my word though when the Space expansion comes out. Wait a min, no it won't, the game won't work on my PC. ;)

7. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    didn't know you had a PC mike

I'm definitely glad I can't run this game because I would never stop playing

8. _Mike_

_Mike_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2002
    Brian- I have one pc (laptop) and four macs... its the oddball... and should be destroyed, but I need it for school, and there are almost no good games for mac....

9. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    hey perfect timing, i start work in two weeks so i will have just enough time to finish my trial

10. TheMick7

TheMick7 Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2004
    I play this game, it is awesome. I run a guild of a bout 180 people on the Tarquinas server. This fall we get the space expansion and it is a modern version of XWing vs Tie Fighter.

Here is the little preview to the game:

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/jtl_movie.jsp

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Hey Mick, welcome! Head here and tell more about yourself. You into GB at all?

12. TheMick7

TheMick7 Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2004
    What is GB?

13. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Galactic Battlegrounds.

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    It's an obsession for quite a few of us. BTW working on the rules for the tourney for all of FF.

15. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    Seeing as how this topic has been hijacked once, I am going to hijack it again. Has anybody heard of Star Wars Battlegrounds? No Galactic, just battlegrounds, its a Star wars based first person shooter that is supposed to be very much like Battlefield 1942. There are 4 factions from both eras, you can run around and shoot people, or you can jump into a starship and blast other starships or blast people on the ground. Anyway its coming out for xbox and pc, but that is not something I would even consider buying for xbox.

16. TheMick7

TheMick7 Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2004
    Dont know what Galactic Battlegrounds is. But I have heard of the shooter game.

17. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    My guild isn't quite up to 180, we are only at 50 right now, but there are 3 other guilds that want to merge into ours. I have the distinct pleasure of being declared the BOC Fleet Admiral once JTLS comes out.

18. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    Hehe, today I was running the imperial theme park and I got to take missions from thrawn during a time period that he was still captain thrawn. I took screenshots as soon as I decide to spend the time to post them somewhere.

19. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    I have Galaxies, but my graphics card won't run it.... :_| I have GB too, but never really play it anymore.

20. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    We do a lot of GB here. I'm planning a tourney with it as well for all of Fan Force. ;)

21. TheMick7

TheMick7 Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2004
    What server you play on?

I play on Tarquinas.

22. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    I'm on wanderhome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.