Star Wars Galaxies

Discussion in 'Ft. Lauderdale, FL' started by Liriel_Moonsinger, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liriel_Moonsinger Jedi Knight

star 1
    I thought you would all like to know that there is a 12-page preview of the Lucas Arts massively multiplayer RPG Star Wars Galaxies in the June 2002 issue of Computer Gaming World. The game is due out the 4th quarter of 2002. The time line will be after "A New Hope" but before "The Empire Strikes Back" so the galactic rebellion will be in full spring, which is where factions and PvP will come into play. The announced planets are Tattooine, Naboo, Corellia, Talus, Forest Moon of Endor, Yavin 4, and (ready for this Riachia?) Dathomir.

Everyone will have a chance to be a Jedi but the process is a closely guarded secret. The process will be individualized for each player so no one will be able to become a Jedi and then post the solution online.

The design team at Sony had a clean slate when it came to designing cities as the original trilogy featured small towns and installations. All new layouts that the team creates will be considered official by Lucas Licensing. In addition, since Bothans have never been seen in the StarWars movies and there are no official visual references, the game will have the official Bothan face (check it out Kieryn!).

The preview has loads of information on the game and lots of pictures so be sure to check it out.
  2. KierynFelaris Jedi Knight

Thanks for the info Liriel. I have been checking out the articles on Galaxies for some time now, and have been awaiting it with mixed emotions. On one side it looks like it will be very cool, but on the other hand between it and Everquest I'm not going to get anything done when I'm at home.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.