main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Galaxies

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by MaraJade75, Jul 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaraJade75

MaraJade75 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2002
    I just stumbled across this game recently. I can't believe it! I am so excited. Have any of you guys checked out the info on this game? It's still in development but I already feel like a kid at christmas. I can't believe the extent of detail! My life long goal of immersion in the star wars universe is at hand. excellent....

check it out at www.starwarsgalaxies.com. Have any idea what your characters are going to be like?

2. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Game looks great. My life goal is to actually transport myself back in time to the GFFA...never mind simulations.

3. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    It does look great!! I dont really like RPG games tho,I'd rather play a first person shooter.

What they need to do is make a Star Wars game on the new Unreal2 engine,now that would kick some serious booty!!!

4. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    I'd like to get it, but I don't feel like paying the fee to play online.

5. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    i personally love RPGs (i love 1st person shooters too though)..i was thinking of a bothan character just to be different. maybe a human character because i hear you can customize your skins and such (something i do often in the sims).

i just wish they could somehow include coruscant in the game but i read that they dont have the time or resources or something.

6. MaraJade75

Jul 24, 2002
    bothans actually seem popular. I was looking at a message board on star wars galaxes and many people described bothan characters. Bothans have different skin options too. They're offering different races for each species..

I could be wrong but I think you can change the camera view to first person view and it basically feels like a first person shooter during combat (whether its with another player or a nonplayer character)
    with expansion sets I hear you'll be able to have dogfights....that would be so money...it's like a first person shooter an rpg and space/aerial combat in one...

7. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    You have to pay a fee to play online?? :confused:

Thats the dumbest thing I ever heard of.Who's bright idea was that??

8. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Someone has to pay to keep the servers running.

9. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    yeah like LucasArts doesnt have enough money to run servers.It's bad enough your gonna have to pay about $60-$70 for the game,never mind a fee to play online.Its crazy I tell ya,Crazy!!

10. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    I'm with Roy. Blizzard hosts Battle.Net for free, although I'm sure that some of their success was unexpected. And yes, Blizzard deos use scources such as AT&T, but they still don't charge. There are about 300,000 people on B.Net at any given time, probably more at the busy points.

11. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    I personally want Bounty Hunter. A fps/tps that you get to actually control Fett. Comes out sometime this fall, I can't wait.

12. MaraJade75

Jul 24, 2002
    oh well I guess my bank account is going to have to suffer to satisfy my star wars hunger.

is bounty hunter on the gamecube platform?

13. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    actually, as i reflect back upon the things i've read, i think i'd most like to play a twi'lek because i remember seeing something about twi'lek characters being able to learn to speak with/read the lekku (understandable by other twi'leks only i believe?), which i thought was a great touch

14. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Bounty Hunter looks awesome!!!

Thats a game I could definately get into!

15. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    I never play online games. my computer is always too slow. I have played the episode II game for GBA, but I don't think that counts.

16. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    I'm pretty sure Bounty Hunter is coming out for GameCube, although GameCube has about two good games.

17. MaraJade75

Jul 24, 2002
    I'm pretty sure Bounty Hunter is coming out for GameCube, although GameCube has about two good games.

haha so true....unfortunately one of those two games is rogue leader...
    mmm...rogue leader...I intend to wait for the price of gamecubes to hit 39.99 and then buy one..just for rogue leader.

mmm...xwing-alicious

18. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    When will the price ever drop that low?

19. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Gamecube won't hit $40 until way way way in the future when the next Nintendo system is out. Give it 5 years or so. :)

20. MaraJade75

Jul 24, 2002
    hey I am as patient as a falleen....

well actually maybe not so much...but I have halo to keep me happy and then jedi knight outcast....mmmm....

21. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Outcast is coming out for XBox?

Halo kicks arse!

22. MaraJade75

Jul 24, 2002
    Outcast is coming out for XBox?

indeed...sometime in November which is a long way off but like I said, I can be patient.

I love halo. I bought the xbox just for halo and it was so worth it

23. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    From what I understand X-box isnt doing to well that why Halo is being released for PC next summer.

24. MaraJade75

Jul 24, 2002
    i think the xbox is doing badly in Japan and overseas but I think it's actually selling pretty well here in the US.

25. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    if i recall correctly, outcast is also coming out for the gamecube....and the mac

*does the happy dance*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.