main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: Galaxy of Fear

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Indy3, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Bought these years ago, never really read them. But started reading them last night.

Anyone else read this series with Tash, Zak, and Hoola?

They are pretty interesting

2. Forceful

Forceful Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2004
    I've been looking for a complete set that's in god condition but haven't had much luck. I remember reading the first two with holographic covers long ago. They were pretty out there.

3. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    I have most of the books. They are pretty neat and interesting plots.

It pretty scary if a little kid read it.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I finally got a complete set (and now some duplicates). Swarm, Spore, and The Doomsday Ship were the ones that eluded me for a long time - and I hit every book search site I could find. A close friend finally bought a complete set of the paperbacks on ebay for me to put me out of my misery.

5. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    I've read a few, perhaps one day I'll find them all and read them...or maybe someone will publish a big volume with all of them.

6. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    I've read 'em all--it's not a bad series, even though it's far from perfect. The plots are prefabricated, and the situations are absurd, but somehow Whitman makes it all work, and created belivable characters at the same time.

TC

7. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    They are some what silly, but they are interesting to read.

8. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    I've been looking for a complete set that's in god condition but haven't had much luck.

Hmmm, I somehow doubt you'll find one that good . . .

9. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Pfft, the Galaxy of Fear books will smite thee.

10. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    I've been looking for a complete set that's in god condition but haven't had much luck.

You're looking for a set that's in the condition of a deity? Such hubris! :p

11. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2004
    Pretty good for kids books. Lot better than GODV.

12. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001
    Though there were several references in the series... ;)

I think the last three or so were the best books. Clones (Tash Vs. Tash! Vader Vs. Vader!), Hunger (Boba Fett and Yoda!) and Doomsday Ship. The last one had Dash Rendar, and there are funny references to 2001 and Wargames.

Oh, and I have a fan fiction featuring a Galaxy of Fear character, there's a link in my signature... (shameless self promotion) ;)

TC

13. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    The final book was The Hunger, which featured Boba Fett, Platt O'Keefe and Yoda. The Doomesday Ship (with Dash Rendar) was book 10. I loved this series, despite the strained credibility of Zak and Tash meeting pretty much every single character in the SW Universe. It was like Marvel Team-Up meets Fear Street.

14. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    I've read the first 3 and have up to #7 on my shelf waiting for me to get to. They're OK.

15. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001
    Mavrick: considering that every major characater has met every other major character, it's not so bad. I mean, just look at TNEGTC. Corran meets everyone. Isard fights everyone. Thrawn meets everyone... And how about Ruins of Dantooine? That was practically a miniture Galaxy of Fear, with most of the major character encountered by Zak and Tash putting in an appearence (Lando, Luke, Leia, Han, Vader, Chewie, droids, Wedge, etc, etc...)

;)

TC

16. Dante_Glass

Dante_Glass Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    They also had an appearance by the dark Jedi Jerec from Dark Forces 2 Jedi Knight , he was in Spore, i think thats number 8.

17. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    # 9. # 8 was The Swarm, which featured Thrawn and the aliens from the Adventure Journal story "Combat Moon."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.