main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Galaxy: Warlight [Online Risk] Map

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by xezene, Dec 14, 2016.

1. xezene

xezene Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Hello all! Well, I'd figure it's time I actually post this. I worked on this custom map extensively last year, for a number of months, before I published it the day after The Force Awakens got released. I think a number of people here might really like this. I know I put a lot of effort and visual detail into it, and the reviews/ratings for it so far have put it in the top 3 pages out of the hundreds they have for maps. This thread is meant to let everyone know this exists so they can play it, but it can also be used by people to coordinate games if you want.

So, without further ado -- Warlight is the online equivalent of the board game Risk. It's not hard to learn how to play, it's free, and you can play with others online. You can make custom maps, and here is mine I made -- the Star Wars Galaxy. It is based on the Essential Atlas but also includes most of The Force Awakens worlds. There are nearly 170 ships/planets, spanning from KOTOR to the NJO. Each planet/ship is a location where you can place armies. Territories are color-coded, and selecting the number next to the territories, it will highlight the planets/ships included in that bonus. I also took effort to faithfully include the major hyperspace trade routes, and taking them gives bonuses to the player who has them.

[​IMG]

For more information, I made a map guide here.

An important excerpt from the guide:
    Anyway, you guys can all feel free to play it. I've kept it to myself and my friends and the Warlight community for almost a year, but I feel that perhaps you guys might get the most enjoyment out of it. ^.^ I know I certainly always wanted to conquer the galaxy -- well, here's how you can! Enjoy the Star Wars universe.

Direct link to map here.