main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Star Wars Game Club

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Crazed_Ewok, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    Well, we already have a SW book club, so why not a SW game club? Any questions about any SW game? Want to know how it's like if you don't have it and are thinking about buying it? Need a hint? Go ahead! Ask away, or post tips or little reviews on 'em! :)

2. jedimasterbryan

jedimasterbryan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    Well, i just beat the clone wars for ps2. It was pretty cool. I haven't tried multiplayer yet but it looks good. I am now playing bount hunter off and on when i'm not playing ffx. I've been thinking about buying galactic battlegrounds saga because i heard that was good. I also want to get jedi outcast.

3. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    ooo! bounty hunter! my favorite game! :D what lvl are you at?

Galactic Battlegrounds is a very good game :) I've been playing it for around a year

I have TCW, I think I'm almost done with it...if you ask me, it seemed like LA rushed with it...especially with the Jedi, heck, you can't even jump! Multiplayer's ok

4. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    Actually i'm not that impressed w/ bounty hunter. I don't remember exactly what level i'm on, it is right after you catch that guy who was selling death sticks and you have to jump on these big floating crates ove this like hufe abyss. I agree w/ you on TCW the graphics weren't as good as they could have been i thought. Plus some of the characters looked kind off goofy. But i did love controlling the gunship and walker. I just have to go back and get all the bonuses now, i've only got about 15-20 bonus objectives.

5. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    hmm...why not? graphics? story? It was given a horrible review on Gamespot, but the guy who reviewed it was over-reacting...so..I think you're on the industrial sector thing...that level's pretty hard...the hardest part is the cargo container things...you can miss one and fall ;)

actually, I kinda crash the gunship :p Technically, it is controlled correctly, but no other SW game did that

oh, btw, do you have an IM?

6. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    I jsut didn't like the gameplay as much as i thought i would. I would still rate the game overall about and 8 out of 10.

an im? You mean instant messenger?, i have yahoo but i don't use it very much

7. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    ah, I see

Ah...me, Han and Wesmin have AIM, no yahoos though :( (well, Wesmin might, I'm not sure) Me and Han used to have YIM, but we got rid of it after it caused comp problems

8. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    oh, if you get SWGB Saga, come to here: Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Heaven..it's a really nice forum...it includes seperate sections: general playing of the game, a community forum, a scenario designing forum and even a Star Wars discussion forum..it's a really good place...I've been there for about 8 months (or 6, I don't know :p ) and I love it :) I'm The Crazed Ewok there, if you join, be sure to tell me your username ;) and if you get it, maybe you, me, Wesmin and Han could play a multiplayer game together :)

9. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    yeah that would be cool.

10. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    *bumps thread*

With the purchase of my new computer, I finally can play Jedi Outcast! I like the game so far...its much better than the DOS Dark Forces....eeeeehhhhh ;) Did you ever get GB/CC/Saga yet, Bryan?

11. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    no not yet, but my friend is supposed to be letting me borrow it soon so i can burn a copy of it

12. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Ah...in that case, I incourage you to register at those forums ;) Just, eh, don't tell them you copied CC, or they'll probably ban you. and remember, tell me your name there here ;)

13. Strouther

Strouther Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2003
    I'm more of a dice and paper rpg type myself. I was thinking of getting the official Star Wars rpg, but it's a little pricey. Also, I could gets GURPS, make a Star Wars game, and then any other type of game I wanted to. Awwright. :D

14. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    I just tried to register for that site. It won't let me though because i use free e-mail and don't have an ISP account.

15. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Hmm...that's odd...I use hotmail (I got DSL) and it let me switch my name to that email...hmm...does it give you a error message?

LOL, it turns out someone else asked the EXACT SAME QUESTION! Do you know him? ;)

This is the response:

Tell him to just use a non-free one, like from his ISP, and then go into "My Account" and change the email from there to his Yahoo one.

But you said you don't have a ISP one...hmm...I don't know :(

16. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Ok, I posted in that thread about your situation and this is what the response was:

"Then tell him to get a free one here: http://www.mail.com / since their emails will work."

17. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    ok, i just tried that mail.com thing. It didn't work, they still said it was a free e-mail that i couldn't register

18. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Huh...that's weird...I don't know then :(

19. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Okay...now he just said this

Strange, mail.com used to work, guess not anymore. Well, see if he can get a netscape email then, I know for sure they work because I know of someone who used one recently.
    http://my.screenname.aol.com/_cqr/login/login.psp?siteId=nscpenusmail&authLev=2&mcState=initialized&triedA imAuth=y

Click "Join Now". (Its free)

20. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    i fianlly got an account. My user id is jedimasterbryan (same as it is here). I probably wont be visiting the site much untill i actually get the game. But at least i've got an account now

21. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    cool :D I'll look for you when you post :)

22. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    well i just got star wars jedi starfighter on saturday, its pretty cool so far. I should be getting a copy of Battlegrounds this week sometime

23. Wesmin7

Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2001
    oh cool battlegrounds, it would be cool if we could get a 4 player senate map type game going on sometime in the future.

24. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Yeah, I agree, Wesmin :D

25. Wesmin7

Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2001
    you and your jedi outcast incon *humf* I can't even get off the landing pad in the demo without dieing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.