main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Game Day, Sunday December 5th, All Fun and Games

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    What: Star Wars game day, all Star Wars games all the time, focusing on miniatures, Monopoly, and chess, but play SW Electronic Battleship, SW Life, SW Trivial Pursuit and SW CCG (Decipher)

Where: All Fun and Games
    When: Sunday Dec 5th, all day
    How much: $5 gets you a booster of the new SW miniatures Clone Strike expansion out that week

2. willhi1979

willhi1979 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2004
    Don,

I'll get this out to the Triangle Miniatures Group. Is there a time to start and end on this? Also, $5 is a really good price on a booster pack. You can't even get them that cheap by buying a box online. Eight miniatures come in a pack or did with the first set.

Also, if anyone wants to join the SW Miniatures Triangle list, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/triswminis/. Put some comment in that you heard about the group here, and I'll approve your membership.

Thanks,

William

3. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Will, don't post that just yet. Don is checking with the store owner to be certain of that price. Boosters are usually $12.99 so I think there may be a correction coming.

4. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Just confirmed the price for the day and how to reserve your space.

Vivian says $13 for the booster gets you in all day. (sorry for the wrong price before).

Pre-registration is appreciated and recommended, so they may order the right amount to have on hand come game day.

Register at All Fun and Games, 2062 Kildaire Farms Rd., or via email at afng@bellsouth.net.

Please approve me for membership to the mini group post this to all miniatures groups you are aware of.

Don

5. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Jim Epps saw this and offered to bring himself as a TK in ! Cool! Thanks 501st!

6. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Correction!
    It's Sunday December 5... not the 6th

7. willhi1979

Sep 9, 2004
    Would anybody be interested in doing a booster draft for SW: TCG on that day too? I know most people don't play it, and some of the CCG people are adamently opposed to it, but it would be fun. Wizards also has a great promotional deal on decks and boxes right now. If there's any interest, I'll get one, and we can have a free booster draft. I can also do demos of the game if anyone wants to see it.

Thanks,

William

8. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Although I'm not opposed to the idea the store has to approve it first.so I have a couple of concerns - -

1.Vivian is not as open as Will is at Fallen Orc. They have higher overhead and smaller space, so consequently she and Bobbie will want to ensure at least 4 players show up for such an event and pay for it up front. Once store management announces it ahead of time, and only with her approval, they can get it out on their email list.

2.Are you thinking doing a booster draft for those who don't want to play miniatures? As long as the store gets $13-15 per player, they probably would support it.

3.I'm a Decipher volunteer rep - my name on this board is Tallon Kaardgamer - and the reason why my name is that is because I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Decipher Star Wars CCG player. The Wizards TCG is the only Star Wars game I refuse to play. (The story is way too long to reflect on here).

If we have the Wizards TCG that day, I have no problem with it, as long as I run a Decipher CCG booster draft, too. A case of Reflections I goes for $15 per box of 36 boosters.

9. willhi1979

Sep 9, 2004
    Ok, scratch the TCG idea. I doubt I could get 4 players that would pay that much to play. I would want to provide our own product too since I can get it cheap now. So scratch that idea. Do we need to worry about an entrance fee for the SW Minis tournament? Anyways, I'd be up for playing in the SW: CCG booster if the rules are similar to Wars and depending on what time it is. Anyways, sorry for the confusion. I'd be interested in hearing your SW: TCG story sometime. Anyways, we can take this conversation off the board if need be.

10. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    SW CCG plays exactly like WARS with a few differences, they have a weapon step in the battle phase, and the destiny draw is at the end, not the beginning. Other than that, it's exactly the same.

I'll tweak the SWCCG sealed deck scenario to this - I buy a case of Reflections I SWCCG from the store, each player pays $10 to get 10 packs of 18 cards each and then you build a lightside and darkside from the 180 cards you get. The store should buy that idea.

11. willhi1979

Sep 9, 2004
    Sounds like a plan. Let me know what time you do that and I may participate.

12. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Just another reminder, SW Game Day is a week from this Sunday!

13. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Don do you need help with anything for this?

I do need a break from studying from exams and I'm willing to help out!

-Janers

14. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Yes, I sure do! I want you to be the emperor on the SW Trivia. Hang out, sit down, relax and cream everybody's trivia knowledge, k?

15. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Game day tomorrow!

16. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Sweet...

Don is there anyway you can bring my Force Pike with you?

I have an idea to put a Holiday Touch on it. :)

See ya tomorrow,

Janers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.