main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto *** Star Wars Games Day - Oct. 6th ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Sep 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Well Boba... there were a few other things, but according to the judge we arn't allowed to tell you. And I'd like to clear my name JUST A BIT here. When Eryn told me to get out of her pants, it was the bottom of her pant leg, where she hid my wallet. Or at least, that's what my lawyer told me to say.

2. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    [image=http://webhome.idirect.com/~shmi/winter.jpg]

There was a panty raid? Man, the things you miss when your trying to kill Dr. Lucky. I did get him my the way. With a chainsaw in the hedge room. MMMMOOOOOOHAHAHAHHAHHA. That was a great game. I'm going to have to pick up a copy. Who owned the Battle of Naboo game? That was fun too.

Glad you all had a fun time. Even with all the people nothing was broken, spilled or lost. I'm sorry I didn't warn you about the cat. How different were you too? I don't know either of you well enough to see any difference.

We're going to have to do this again. Hopefully, with more food.

:) :) :) :)

3. Han_YoungJediNiagara

Han_YoungJediNiagara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2001
    Chris owns that Battle of Naboo game.

I loved that Dr. Lucky game. Where can I get it. I wasn't suprised that I couldn't kill Dr. Lucky with a shoe horn. The best weapon has got to be the Loud Noise. I always laugh when I think of that. He..hu...hee! Well you all know what laughter sounds like. We should do another get together sometime.

Speaking of food, I loved the punch and those Haloween cookies. MMMMMMM! and the nachos and the pizza and the wings and the cheesie bread and the.......

4. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Thank you so much for that evening of FUN!!!! I had a great time meeting all the guys from Toronto, even though I'll only remeber Tracy, Rob, and Mike.... I'm pretty bad with names! We have to do this again somtime!!

Yes Boba, you were kinda messed up! hehehe, and Smitches, you know we will never let you live that one down.... hehehe.

Nice meeting you all!! Oh yes one question, do you guys have a website like ours? I would love to see it!!

Talk to ya'll l8r!!

Amidala_wannabe
    (Stef)

5. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Everyone - thanks for coming over. This had to be the largest group at our house since the housewarming.

Stef- don't worry about it. I'm equally bad with names. Fortunately, Chris posted the list of who was coming, so I have a quick reference card ;) There's the beginnings of a site at http://www.thetorontoline.com Maybe time to bone down and get it fini.

Jonathan, ya probably don't read the forums, but just in case - thanks for making it out and bringing along your stash. Dr. Lucky was the highpoint for me. "This is the second time I've poured bad cream down your gullet. Die you old coot! JUST DIE!" After being chased after and shot at, poked at, yelled at, poisoned, slapped by an evil monkey hand... he finally get's cut down to size by Tracy's chainsaw. Great fun.

We will definitely be holding a games night again. Just not sure when. We're moving into the busy season again with three great films for movies nights and the LotR exhibit at Casa Loma. Maybe we'll hold another one early next year to fight off the February blahs.

Thanks again everyone. A party is only as good as the people at it, and I think we had an incredibly great party.

6. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    CASA LOMA?!?!?! I love that place!!!!! I have tickets to go, but I don't know if they've expired.... anyways.... l8r!

Stef

7. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Thank you, Tragic and Tracy. I had a great time! It was great to see you two again and all the YJN group again.

I wish I had played, Dr. Lucky. Sounds like alot of fun. I think I was playing, Apples to Apples at the time.
    That was an awesome game, as was Cosmic Something-or-other.

It is no longer the Year of Greg -- Muhahahahah

The Toronto Line website has a ways to go, but with everyone as busy as they are, its tough to get things done. It's on the list, right David?

I'm guessing details will be posted soon, but there should be/will be a gathering happening on November 3rd to visit the LOTR exibit at Casa Loma and see Monsters, Inc. in the evening.

Thanks again, Tragic and Tracy.

8. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    Sorry we couldn't make it - there was an eleventh hour decision made, which meant I spent my weekend in Ottawa and Montreal meeting Sandwich's extended family. Hopefully we'll make it out to the next one!

Cris~

9. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Hey adam, a few members in YJN incuding me and my brother are making a Star Wars verson of apples to apples. We'll bring it to the next games night for sure!

10. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Awesome! Good idea.

11. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Tickets have gone on sale at ticket master for that Lord of the Rings exhibit. I'm trying to find out if they will sell them at the door of Castle Loma or not. It might be cheaper. However, then we have to gamble that they will not sell out.

Steph, any tickets for Castle Loma probably wont cover for special events. I have their phone number here 416-923-1171 to find out or try e-mailing them at info@casaloma.org to confirm.

12. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I seem to recall the press release stating that there would be tickets on sale on site and I think they did cost less... but perhaps better to get them in advance anyway.

On the matter of the web site. Yes it needs work. And it is on the list... but being a university student does keep me a little busy. I do what I can, when I can. I also seem to only be able to do any real updates when I make a promise publically ahead of time.

So with that in mind... (David takes a moment to think about what a reasnoble goal is) ...lets say that there'll be some update by sometime on Sunday.

13. Darth_Sunder

Darth_Sunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    Somewhat old post here, but on the topic of the "Lord of the Rings," exhibit at castle Loma has ticket prices from $10.00 to $14.00 dollars.

Probably the higher price is for adults or more access to the entire castle.

Oct. 31st to Nov 11th.

See ya there...

*psst*

Meet at 17:30 for Dungeons and Dragons game in the lower chambers....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.