Oregon Star Wars games!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Colt1326, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colt1326 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Strictly Star Wars games! Discuss anything about any star wars game. Weather it is star wars galaxies, or an old star wars game like the original arcade game. Or maybe a free online game that anyone can play!

So..

We'll call it "mostly confirmed," but according to this article on the Wii's financial success, George Lucas has said that a game that turns our trusty Wii remotes into lightsabers is on the horizon. Unfortunately, there's no quote to back up the assertion, so we remain partially skeptical, but it's one of those things that we just know is going to happen, whether we want it or not.

Anyone else just as interested, if not more so, in using the Wiimote and nunchuk for Force abilities in a Star Wars game?
  2. AramysStrael Force Ghost

star 4
    I had heard something of that.... I heard rumor-mill that it was going to be the Force Unleashed game that would be featured on the Wii.

At any rate, do you know that I miss? Star WarsL: X-WING. Star Wars: TIE FIGHTER. Star Wars: X-WING ALLIANCE ( I never got to play X-WING vs TIE FIGHTER because they never ported it for the Mac - <inserting word here referring to a person's lack of parentage>). I miss being able to play these games. I really wish I had to opportunity to play XvT. I know there were a lot of Mac users out there that were gearing up, getting squadrons together so they could go blow the holy hell out of their PC counterparts.... but NOOOOOOOOO, GL just had to jerk us around like that. What I wouldn't give to vape some scum out of the stars! :D

I guess I will just stick to fragging droids on good old BF/BF2 to get my fix. It's good therapy, ya know?

- Bill
  3. bluenote421 Jedi Knight

star 1
    If Nintendo doesn't create a star wars game for the Wii it will be the worst mistake they will have ever made. So many people will buy that game, and thousands if not millions more are going to seriously consider obtaining a Wii just because of the lightsaber combat. As for me I really miss the old DOS-based TIE fighter game I used to play when I was little with the top of line 2 button joystick!!! I am however fortunate enough to still own Rouge Squadron for Windows 95 and the N64. I've played and beaten every star wars game to date other than KOTOR 2 which I assure you I'm still working on. Thanks to Colt for starting this post
  4. Colt1326 Jedi Knight

star 1
    KOTOR 2 just... sucks... I hate it with a passion. I mean some of the things were good on it like different lightsaber colors and more attack stances and what not. But the story plot just sucked.
  5. AramysStrael Force Ghost

star 4
    What were those other games... Rebel something. I never actually technically beat those games. Cheat codes were my lifeline. I did love the fact that you could watch the game being played out like a movie. And of course there was the one sequel that also had a MST3K (did I say that right - Mystery Science Theatre 3000) feel to the movie mode. Now that was fun!
    I wish I could still play all those games.

I had to use cheat codes to see the other levels for Bounty Hunter. That or have my brother or someone else who is a better gamer than me to progress the levels. I did love the comic book portion of the game. After every lever completed, you unlocked bonus material. Some of it was behind the scenes stuff, some was screen shots/voice recordings of the game developers and actors goofing off. But there was also a Jango Fett comic book that would reveal the pages of the book as you progressed throughout the game. By the time the game was completed, you got to see the whole comic book in its entirety. It was a fairly decent issue. It gave Jango's background and his mentor, Jaster Mereel. It also shows an interesting dynamic of the Mandos that I found amazing. And there is a lot of references for other color schemes in the armor - and yet the 501st won't accept them, even though there more than three points of reference...

There were some levels on the Battlefronts videogames that I would have difficulty with. Even set on the normal mode. I had found that some maps were better played if I had someone else working with me, or I went and got someone else who was a better gamer than me work me through that level. I know, I cheat. But I am bound and determined to see the storyline through to its conclusion!

- Bill
  6. Colt1326 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I remember the old Jedi Knight Dark Forces on the PC. Amazing times with that game that's for sure. lol
  7. AramysStrael Force Ghost

star 4
    I did enjoy the Dark Forces videogame. I never did play any of the subsequent sequels, though. It is amazing just how a solid character from a videogame can take off and be almost as big of an icon as some of the other minor hero characters from the films!

- Bill
  8. Colt1326 Jedi Knight

star 1
    What do you guys think about Star wars battlegrounds?
  9. bluenote421 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I love the game engine used because it's the same as AOE but I think Empire at War has some cooler features.
  10. AramysStrael Force Ghost

star 4
    I played it once. It was ok. To me it if you have ever played Age of Empires or Warcraft/Starcraft, you've pretty much played them all. And even though it is basically one of these games with a Star Wars skin slapped on it, I still found it enjoyable the one time I did play it.

With that said, Star Wars Demolition came out for the Playstation years ago. And that was at a time where I was trying to snatch up any Star Wars title that I could get my hands on to play. Who cared if all it consisted of was another game with a Star Wars skin on it. Remember Twisted Metal? Yeah, Demolition was basically Twisted Metal with the Star Wars skin on it.... what can I say? I have the game still. I don't ever play it anymore. Why? It is lame!!!!!

- Bill
  11. Colt1326 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I LOVED Twisted Metal, but I never played Star Wars Demolition.
  12. AramysStrael Force Ghost

star 4
    If you have a playstation of PS2, I am more than willing to let you borrow it anytime you like....

- Bill
  13. Colt1326 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hmmm, I might take you up on it sometime.
  14. AramysStrael Force Ghost

star 4
    Anytime man..... as far as I am concerned the game sucks!

- Bill
  15. Colt1326 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hmm... I just got an idea!
  16. Larena_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm living my daily life playing what little time I have in SWG, haha. Now i feel like i need to go out and run 50 miles to make up for sitting on my butt all day.
  17. AramysStrael Force Ghost

star 4

And that idea would be??????

- Bill
  18. Larena_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    It's in the meeting thread.
  19. AramysStrael Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh fine... be that way! :p

- Bill
  20. Larena_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
  21. PDX_TwiChick Jedi Knight

I used to be and feel that way about SWG. That game was my life, but thanks to a lil something called an NGE, my account has long since lapsed. Sometimes I really truly miss it.
  22. AramysStrael Force Ghost

star 4
    It is about time you post something again.... how have you been?

- Bill
  23. SithLord_Danny Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't agree with what someone posted earlier about KOTOR 2 being a bad game.
    I thought it was a good game with a great story but it did have its flaws. I just feel that the main problem with KOTOR 2 was that it was rushed and that hurt the game a lot. It had a few major plot holes due to the unfinished story.
    If they were to continue the series they might as well disregard KOTOR 2 since they pretty much dug themselves into a hole with the whole cliffhanger ending.
    To me KOTOR 2 had all the potential and makings of a great game but sadly all that potential was left untapped and the game left unfinished.
    I love the whole mood of the game. It's much darker and grittier than the previous installment, much like The Empire Strikes Back was to Star Wars.
    The characters were awesome, though I wish they would have fleshed out a bit more, and the whole scope of the game was amazing.
    The combat system was a bit frustrating, but it is an rpg afterall.
    I think since we've come this far we might as well have the chance to finish the whole story. Personally, I can't wait 'till KOTOR 3 comes out.
  24. bluenote421 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well you also have to take into account that KOTOR wasn't even made by Bioware. The sequel was made by obsidian I think.
  25. SithLord_Danny Jedi Master

star 4
    Exactly! Though, I think Obsidian did a pretty good job with what they had.
    I mean, I love the work that went into little details such as the cloaks & the lightsabers. The graphics were better and more smoother than the original's and I thought the whole being able to influence party members was ingenious. However I would like to see Bioware return to help wrap up the story.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.