main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Star Wars Gaming Marathon/Charity Event Announcement

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by brandonrerickson, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brandonrerickson

brandonrerickson Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    First, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Brandon Erickson. I'm a big fan of the Star Wars films as well as an avid player of the classic Star Wars arcade game (see article at www.twingalaxies.com).

I thought this would be the best place to make a special announcement about a Star Wars gaming marathon/charity event in Portland, Oregon set to coincide with the release of Episode III.

On Monday, May 16, I will start a game of Star Wars at the Ground Kontrol classic arcade in Portland. My goal is to see if I can keep the game going until the release of Revenge of the Sith on Midnight May 18. This would require me to keep the same game going continuously for more than 48 hours.

I am doing this in part as a way to honor the release of the new Star Wars films and the many fans, and to raise awareness and interest in the gaming hobby. In addition, we will also be accepting pledges for charitable donations to the Portland Schools Foundation. People can sign up to pledge a certain amount for each hour that I can keep the game going (.25cents, .50cents). We will provide more information about this aspect once we get the details worked out.

I will start training for this in a week or two, and I will provide more updates on my progress during the training process.

best,
    Brandon

2. oregonjedi

oregonjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2002
    saw that groung kontrol shut down, did they just move?

3. brandonrerickson

brandonrerickson Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    No, no. Ground Kontrol did not shut down. They upgraded to a larger and improved space located at NW 5th and Couch. The new place and two floors, a better interior and more floor space. Check out the website at www.groundkontrol.com.

-Brandon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.