main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Star Wars Gaming Night at Triple Play on April 12!!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by otisdodge, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Uck. Poor Rachel and Emma. Good luck Tim!

-Joe

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Hope everyone had a good time. Sorry I missed it.

3. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    it was pretty good, however i don't have anything to compare it to as it was my first time. i got to meet some people from Fan Force while playing trivial pursuit. sw gaming night seems pretty successful to me.

4. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    We seemed to have a good turnout- and I got a few spoilers courtesy of the ROTS comic adaption. Also picked up a few cool Hero-Clix and talked to Kevin about Free C0mic Book Day (May 7).

5. JediMasterBaytes

JediMasterBaytes Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2005
    And everyone had fun with my new name :p

6. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! LAST NIGHT WAS FANTABULOUS. I HAD A LOT OF FUN, AS DID EVERYONE THAT WAS THERE, I THINK. WE HAD SOME OLD FRIENDS AND SEVERAL NEW FACES THAT REALLY MADE LAST NIGHT ONE OF OUR BEST GAMING NIGHTS YET!!!

Hello to everyone new, from last night or otherwise. Be sure to introduce yourselves in the getting to know you thread I just dug out of the cellar.

Just as a run down, how many games of Trivial Pursuit were played last night? I know at least three skirmishes of minis were played--could have been only two, but the first one effectively split into two. I beat Jeff with Darth Tyranus, two Super Battle Droids and a Droideka against his Mace, Mon Mothma and two Alderaanian Soldiers (or whatevery they are). Mace got Dooku, but was damaged enough for my Super Battle Droids to finish him off with combined fire.

So, onto the new people. Met a Curly-haired fellow named Eliott. Although I wanted to ask if I have met Eliott before. Were you at TimmyCon? Eliott bought a booster of ROTS minis and pulled Darth Sidious so there was somewhat of a competition as to who would trade him for it. I don't know how that turned out, but Ronnie (one of the Clix/SW gamers with a pony-tail) was putting together a very impressive array of about 20 minis to give Eliott for the one Sidious, including at least three rares. A good way to get into the game for Eliott, if you ask me.

A guy named Matt and his girlfriend, Candice also came. I met them at WalMart the other night and they had already been to the site from some pens they picked up at TRU. When I saw them at Walmart she was wearing a Yoda t-shirt. They seemed really cool, too. I hope they join the forums.

Kelly and Rob were there, as were Joe and Gina, Lin and Muley, and the Clix/SW gamers, Jeff, Daniel, Ronnie and Mike, along with Duke and a several Clix gamers who were actually playing Clix. At least a couple more people were there who played video games and stuff. A nice guy named Chris was one of those and participated in the second minis game.

The next one is going to be on Wednesday the fourth of May--as in May the Fourth be with you! I love that!!! I call it Star Wars Day and I try to do something Star Warsy every year. Personally I think George should have released at least one of the movies that day. I think it will be a good day. It is the week after my Finals and all I will be doing that week is packing.

There was talk of also doing one the week of the movie premiere.
    --Jacob

7. kellrob

kellrob Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2004
    Rob and I had a great time! I'm so glad everyone (except Jacob who doesn't like peanut butter cookies HA HA)liked my peanut butter cookies. I promised to bring Nestle Tollhouse chocolate chip next time. (I will have to make a bunch if this number of people keep coming!) We ended up playing 1 game of Team Trivial Pursuit which Jacob won single handedly and another of individual, which no one won because we had to leave. We tried to get Muley to play, but he claims he doesn't know much Star Wars Trivia. ???

Welcome to the new folks! Candice and Matt said they must come to Drive In night before Ep3. Elliot just watched for the first game of Trivial Pursuit, but we coerced him into playing for the 2nd round. It was great to meet the new folks and hang out with our friends. Can't wait to see everyone again in 3 weeks!

Kelly

8. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Oh Poop! I forgot to mention that Chuck and his family were there also! Sorry, Chuck!

9. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    I had fun. Lin and I showed up and he ate his dinner while I made fun of people, especially the one bald guy in the cap and glasses and...um...wait, that's me!

ANYHOW...

It was fun. I always like hanging out with fellow fans ESPECIALLY when I find out that 2 others of 'em are big Muppets fans.

There was also a cool kid there (well, 21 if that equals a kid?) who is a big fan of Muppets and Sesame Street and we talked action figures and shows and stuff...

Not that "I" get into that kind of silly thing. Oh, no--not ME! *puts fingertip to chin becasue he KNOWS he's lyin'!*

Also, Tim, I had something for you--not that you were there to get it, so you'll get your's later!!! YUP!

And besides, what do I have to do to get a new AVATAR up next to my name? I want my own!! Alf is cool and all that, but we need a picture of DARTH MULE up here!

10. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Gina and I loved talkin' Muppets with you too Kev. :D

And yeah, we consider that other kid a kid (Daniel?). Anyway, last night he was much less manic than he has been in the past. I was impressed at how calm he was.

If you can make it May 4th, I'll bring a couple of tapes for Muppet Tonite.

As for the avatar, no dice. TFN doesn't allow personla avatars. But when we get the SMT.net message boards up and running, I'm sure a Darth Mule avatar is a possibility.

And feel free to come by the forum that Gina and I started (link in my sig) and we can upload a Darth Mule avatar for you there.

Later,

-Joe (oh yeah, had a great time last night everybody!)

11. kellrob

Sep 15, 2004
    Maybe he took his medication before he showed up last night, Joe.

12. Valeska

Valeska Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    Had a blast! I'll bring my mini's the fourth.

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Glad to hear it was so successful. Jacob has done really well getting this up and going. He deserves a round of e-applause.

clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclap

14. JediMasterBaytes

JediMasterBaytes Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2005
    I would have applauded but I couldn't find a second mouse to use to clap them together. :p
    Or I only had one hand available?!?!

15. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    "clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclap"

Tim, if it's that bad, you should have it checked out. That's a lot of clap.

Wait...

OH! APPLAUSE!! GOT IT!

*cheering, wooting, and hollerin'*
    Yay, Jacob!

Wait, what happened again?

I'm going back to sleep. At work.
    Again.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

16. kellrob

Sep 15, 2004
    Yeah, what are we going to do once Jacob moves to Little Rock and starts hanging out with those guys. We may have to require him to come back here once a month to play games with us!

17. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Or he'll have to name a gaming successor!

18. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    http://photos.yahoo.com/dvdmaster1138 Wait! Didn't you hear? I am coming back once a month just to game with y'all, and I am trying to talk Tim into planning Drive-in nights for those same weekends--the last weekend of every month...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.