main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Star Wars Gaming Night at Triple Play on February 8!!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by otisdodge, Jan 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    As detailed in the Holiday party thread, Kevin has agreed to host another SW night on the 8th of February!

This will be from 5-9pm at Triple Play Comics
    2882 Wolf Creek Parkway

I will post later to see if anyone wants to bring things like food or specific games.

I learned how to play minis better, practicing with my family over Christmas and I read the rule book from cover to cover, so I hope that some of the SMT members will step up and play a skirmish or two. :D

I have enough to share, so you can play even if you don't own a single mini.

We have had a lot of fun at the last two gaming nights and I look forward to seeing everyone at the next one! Thank you to everyone who has come and supported this event.

2. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Just added it to my calendar.

3. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Well, we are still on for tomorrow! See you there! :D

This is going to be a more casual event than the last party we had. So I am not planning on doing a food sign-up. Bring food and drink to share if you would like.

ps. If someone wants to take a more proactive approach on food and drink, feel welcome to take over on that this time. Kevin is always cool with it.

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    A quick suggestion- It may be easier to not even worry about food and drinks for the gaming nights. With the close proximity of restaurants surrounding Triple Play, and the time frame, it may be better (and cheaper) to let everyone fend for themselves. Plus, then there's no chance of leaving a mess for Kevin to clean up, which is always a plus.

5. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    A slight disagreement here - while the extravagence of the X-Mas party (chilli, deviled eggs, three types of dip, etc.) doesn't need to be repeated for quite some time, snack foods are always welcome during gaming.

(Anyone who has played D&D can vouch for that.)

So chips and pretzels and candy and other stuff that isn't time consuming and messy - I say bring it if you want.

It also keeps people from ditching early just because they are hungry and didn't have a chance to grab anything on their way in from work.

But don't feel any type of pressure to bring anything.

We're probably going to bring some summer sausage and cheese - including some jalapeno sausage just for Chuck.

-Joe

6. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    We're probably going to bring some summer sausage and cheese - including some jalapeno sausage just for Chuck.
    Cool :cool: I don't know what I will be bringing, but I will bring somethin', I hope...

Remember, Kevin has vending machines in the store with candy and cokes and stuff, so bring your quarters. :D

And, if you are running late, and just need dinner for yourself, there is a Taco Bell within spitting distance. ;)

7. TK_1427

TK_1427 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2003
    I love you Joe :)
    Me, the wife and the rug rat will be there.

Chuck

8. Johnny-Vegas

Johnny-Vegas Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2004
    Thank you everyone who came to SW night at Triple Play last night. I apologize if the closing time confusion was an inconvenience for anyone. Next time I will make sure we advertise hours that Kevin is willing to keep.
    That was good sausage. Best tasting venison I have ever had.
    I hope we can do it again next month. ...and so on...;)
    So, are we going to plan a SW RPG night?

9. Timewalker

Aug 27, 2004
    Jacob: Thank you everyone who came to SW night at Triple Play last night. I apologize if the closing time confusion was an inconvenience for anyone.

Not a problem here. We got home in time to play some Halo 2! :D

We're just sorry we didn't get to play some more minis or any Trivial Pursuit w/ Kelly & Rob.

Next time I will make sure we advertise hours that Kevin is willing to keep.

Yeah, can't blame him. He's nice enough to let us hang out there at least once a month anyway... And he suggested doing a Star Wars Night on a Saturday too, so?

That was good sausage. Best tasting venison I have ever had.

Glad you liked it. I'm sure we'll bring back more when we visit Gina's folks again.

I hope we can do it again next month. ...and so on...;)
    So, are we going to plan a SW RPG night?

That's definitely an idea we've been mulling around a bit. It would be best to have a dedicated night for it, to not have as many other distractions, at least until everyone interested got characters created. Maybe I'll start a new thread to bring up the topic a gauge interest.

-Joe

10. StarBlazerM31

StarBlazerM31 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    Sorry I wasn't there. Had stuff to do...quizzes to study for. [face_hypnotized]

-Darth Grace [face_skull]

11. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Glad I got there in time to catch the last half of TPM! Also got some cool new Hero-Clix. :)

Would like to see a designated date/time for future ones. A special Saturday one would be nice as well. Maybe a movie day before Ep3 and C3. It would give folks a chance to wear their costumes or new SW tees.

12. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    By designated do you mean same night every month, like the third Tuesday of every month?

I was actually thinking that if we only have it once a month that means there will only be two more before the end of the semester. That's a shame. We gotta plan some more. :p

Anyway, how does the 15th of March sound for the next Tuesday night game night? I haven't talked to Kevin yet, but that is the first night I have available...

13. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    It sounds easy enough to remember!

14. kellrob

kellrob Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2004
    Sounds good to Rob and I, as long as no theater majors bring daggers!

15. Timewalker

Aug 27, 2004
    Why does that date sound so familiar?????
    Thumbs through mental Calendar......

Oh year, here it is: March 15, 1995 - Date with Gina Wood. First (of I hope to be many). Movies. Burger King. Much time spent gazing into her beautiful eyes wondering, "Wow. When is she going to realize she's out with a complete geek?"

-Joe

16. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Cute, Joe. Good thing she likes geeky saps, eh? ;)

Beware the Ides of March (it will be the tenth anniversary of the day I entered the Missionary Training Center to start my mission, two months before flying to Spain--I wish I had the funds to go to Utah for Spring Break to celebrate ten years with my mates from the MTC--snowboarding would be nice, too).

17. kellrob

kellrob Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2004
    Joe

That is so sweet!!! Robert remembers our first real date also. It was opening night of Batman in 1989. I picked him up and dropped him off at the theater to wait in line (around the building) for tickets and I went back home to finish getting ready. Love!

18. StarBlazerM31

Jan 8, 2005
    Sounds good to Rob and I, as long as no theater majors bring daggers!

Was that directed at me? :p

19. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    If that's true- they didn't say anything about double-ended light sabers, Grace!

I wish I had the funds to go to Utah for Spring Break to celebrate ten years with my mates from the MTC--snowboarding would be nice, too.

Wish I could go snowboarding in Utah, too! My dad and stepmother are driving in from Utah this next week. Not sure how long they will be in town. They're heading down to Mississippi to see her kids, too. I'm hoping to get to do some snowbaording up in Flagstaff next winter... :)

20. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    That's cool. I've only ever been through Flagstaff.

21. StarBlazerM31

Jan 8, 2005
    If that's true- they didn't say anything about double-ended light sabers, Grace!

Hmmm...you're right...

*plots evil things...*

22. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    My only experience with Utah was when I was packed up and shipped to this "Wilderness Rehabilitation Boot camp for Misguided youths".......what a crock...It's more of a prison..Hiking 10-15 miles a day with 90lbs packs on my back....oh yeah..that gets me all ready to re-enter society.

23. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I'll bet it was beautiful though! ;)

24. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I don't think there is an ulgy place in Utah!

Dad told me St. George got his with some severe floods recently that did a ton of damage.

25. Timewalker

Aug 27, 2004
    My only experience with Utah was when I was packed up and shipped to this "Wilderness Rehabilitation Boot camp for Misguided youths".......what a crock...It's more of a prison..Hiking 10-15 miles a day with 90lbs packs on my back....oh yeah..that gets me all ready to re-enter society.

So I guess you're not a fan of Brat Camp on ABC Family?

Yeah, I probably wouldn't like Utah after that either.

-Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.