main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: Generations IS FINISHED and ONLINE!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by JMaster Luke, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    I'm very happy to say that I've finally finished my movie Star Wars: Generations. For those who dont know this is an action figure movie that takes place after Return of the Jedi. Anakin Solo is around 9 years old in this movie. The movie is close to 1hr and 30min long.

If you want to see previews before you see this movie you can check out my two trailers here....

Trailer01

and

Trailer02

Now my movie wont be on youtube because i can't upload more then 10min, and i dont want to chop up my movie into a bunch of 10min parts.

So i'm uploading my movie at filefront.com into three 30min sections. So far I have the first 30min uploaded and ready for you to watch. I'm in the process of uploading the 2nd part, and then of course i'll do the 3rd (unless there are any problems)

The good thing about filefront is it has a streaming option like yotube. And it seems to work quickly. I just went there and pressed play and the movie just kept playing. If you want to download the file its close to 240MB.

So anyways heres the first 30min of Star Wars Generations!

Star Wars: Generations 1/3

Please let me know what you think. This was a fun project for me to make. Its not the best movie out there, and I know there will be alot of little things here and there you guys might not like, but its a fun movie and i hope you enjoy it. If you like the first 30min then trust me the next 2 sections are even better.

So again please let me know what you think.

2. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    Alright everyone i got ALL the footage online!! I'll just give you all the links here!

Star Wars: Generations Part 1/3

Star Wars: Generations Part 2/3

Star Wars: Generations Part 3/3

Alot of work went into this movie. It could of been made much faster, but do to work, schooling, and just everyday life my movie was delayed alot. There would be times where i didn't work on this movie for a month or two straight.

But it was a fun movie to make. Some of the stuff at the start of the movie dont look as good as the same effect does towards the end of the movie because my skills improved as time went by. For example the sabers in the first fight in my movie dont look as good compared to the last fight in my movie.

You can even tell a difference in the way i shot the first saber fight compared to the other saber fight in my movie. But no biggy.

And not all the EU information in my movie is correct. I had to fudge a few stuff so they could be in my movie. For example i say that Prince Xizor never died and he shows up in my movie. One thing i found out later too was that i think i kept saying Xizor wrong in my movie. I have pronouncing his name as Ceaser. I always thought thats how you say his name. I'm still not sure if thats how they say it or not. But anyways. I've written to much. Just enjoy the movie and let me know what you think!

3. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I'm watching, and I'm amused.

I really didn't know what to expect from this movie, all I knew was that it used action figures and that I was some sort of Imperial officer.

I didn't "get it" until seeing the movie, and sadly I don't think everyone who watches is going to "get it".

This is supposed to be what we all imagined was going on when we played with our action figures as kids... that they did all the talking and moving themselves, that the guns and sabers were really working, and that it was perfectly logical for He-Man and Ninja Turtles to fight the Star Wars guys.

The dialogue and 'acting' choices, the non-stop and occasionally nonsensical action... it's exactly like first grade playtime, except viewed through classical 'epic' framing as taken from the movies.

If this wasn't your intention, it should have been. I confess it's a bit much for such a long movie, but as a concept, it's brilliant.

EDIT: There's no way in hell I'm gonna make it through the whole thing, but I did skip to my scene. I love how I played it completely straight in light of everything else going around :D

Rick McCallum loves you!

4. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    "I love how I played it completely straight in light of everything else going around"

You musta really skipped everything because if i'm not mistaken you played that one older officer. And in that scene there aren't many jokes going on, its pretty tense actually. I'm sorry you couldn't watch the whole thing. I know the first part has alot of jokes and weird stuff going on, but the 2nd and 3rd section is really good i think.

5. Covert-Sniper

Covert-Sniper Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 21, 2006
    LOL, that is great. From what I've watched so far, this is hilarious. I love the Rocky for hans voice. nicely done.

6. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    Thank you. If you like it this much now i can't wait to see what you say when you have seen the whole thing. I'm glad you like the Stalone voice for Han. I tried to do that for some characters. For example i have a bunch of Sam Jackson sound clips for Mace Windu. But yeah let me know when you get done.

Here are some screenshots if anyone wants to see.

[image=http://static2.filefront.com/images/personal/g/GeoMFilms/115466/zzvmuqronk.jpg]

[image=http://static2.filefront.com/images/personal/g/GeoMFilms/115466/lhgornybof.jpg]

[image=http://static2.filefront.com/images/personal/g/GeoMFilms/115466/cfcztjvlar.jpg]

[image=http://static2.filefront.com/images/personal/g/GeoMFilms/115466/nbnzlnldth.jpg]

[image=http://static2.filefront.com/images/personal/g/GeoMFilms/115466/zyjtgxemze.jpg]

[image=http://static2.filefront.com/images/personal/g/GeoMFilms/115466/dfbbftlymw.jpg]

As you can see in one of the photos i have a real face on a figure. I just wanted to include that in there so you guys know that this movie has some silly stuff too. But after the first clip it gets pretty cool. So check it out!

7. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    You know in my first post I didnt write much about the story. And in another threat I read that some people want to know alittle bit about a movie before they click on it. So I'll try to tell you some things about the story without giving much away.

The story again takes place after Return of the Jedi. Luke Skywalker is now a Jedi Master and is a teach at his Jedi Temple at Yavin IV. Unknown to Luke or the New Republic, loyal servants of the Empire have clone Sith Warriors from the past (ex: Maul, Emperor..) and these Warrior attack Luke Jedi Academy. After Luke's students and fellow Jedi have died in the temple, Luke comes to the conclusion that he can not take on these new Sith by himself.

He believes he needs to use new help from old allies. But will the New Republic allow this, and is this against the Jedi Code? And if he does use the aid of old allies (Jedi from the past) will they be able to destroy the Empires new plot. Find out in Star Wars: Generations.......

8. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    Also, there's a lot of comedy in it. That's something that really caught me off guard, since there was pretty much zero indication of it from the trailers. On the upside, the comedy made it easier to accept this universe of toys running around and being important.

9. dan-yoda

dan-yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2003
    I just watched the whole movie. Yes, the WHOLE movie, so I have to say a bunch of things about it. The thing I liked best about the film was the way you animated the figures. While it's not of course realistic it fits perfectly with the theme of first-grade playtime. Also even though it's obvious it was done on wires I never once saw a clearly visible wire in there, so good job on that part. It was really fun watching that and all the practical effects you did on there; it probably was the best thing about this picture. Most of the special effects were pretty good, too.

I think you had a great concept (first-grade playtime logic as done in an actual film). However, I think you got a little too serious with this. It was an hour and a half when I really thought it should've been half an hour max. There was some really funny stuff, but in between was either exposition (which I think there should be little to none of, for I can't see kids trying to explain the adventures their characters go on) or obnoxiously silly stuff (like Anakin Solo- if he was in one scene it would've been funny, but you made him one of the major characters. It just got way too annoying. It's childish humor, I know, but if you're showing this to internet users like us you should try to make it a balance between childish and intelligent). I know you put a LOT of work into this why I have a hard time saying this, but I don't think that much work needed to go into it. Since it's supposed to be child's play (not the movie with the killer doll), make it as simple as possible. The plot could've been really simplified. If you managed to make this into half an hour and keep hitting us with new stuff instead of repeating some of the stuff (which you kind of did, like with Anakin, Stormtroopers, Dengar, etc.) you'd have a more satisfying film IMO.

Now to lighten the mood I'll just tell you what I thought was funny. The use of random actor's voices for characters (Stalone for Han, Ahnuld for Anakin, etc.) was incredibly witty. Some great stuff: Battle Droid: Don't go there, girlfriend. That one from Mara about how Anakin is always angry. Jar Jar attacking the soldier. Kyle Katarin holding off the laser blast with the force (damned cool). I liked that Xizor's Assassin character, even though he was treated in a silly manner. Cool concept. Was that character directly taken from GI Joe or something or did you just use the figure and make him up?

I'm not saying this movie is a failure at all. Overall I just think that it should've been taken as a fun, lighthearted project instead of a serious labor and that it should've been 1/3 as long. There's some great stuff in here so it still was a neat watch.

Good job. :cool:

10. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    It had cool parts and funny parts. While I won't say I could watch it multiple times, I am certainly glad I watched it. Loved the voices you used for Han and Anakin. Great stuff.

Oh, not to nitpick (and yet I am)...but, Yoda comments that Obi-Wan wasn't on the Jedi Council...you wrote this, I assume, pre-Episode III?

11. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    IIRC, Yoda just said Obi-Wan wasn't the head of the council, which was true.

12. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    Thanks for the feedback. Its funny you said that about Yoda's line. Its true i wrote and finished that scene before Episode 3 had come out. I didn't know that Obi Wan would be on the council. But like how the next person said, Obi Wan wasn't part of the 'head' of the Jedi Council. He was a new member. So only the heads (Yoda, Mace, and who ever other) would know, but not the other council members. Especially not Obi Wan who was one of the newest members. So that line ends up working at the end either way :)

Dan-yoda I really like your feedback. Thats what i'm sure everyone wants from a feedback. You said the things you liked and disliked. I'd like to respond to some of the things you said too.

"Also even though it's obvious it was done on wires I never once saw a clearly visible wire in there, so good job on that part."

Actually about 97% of the movie I was moving the figures with my hands. I tried my best to keep my hand out of frame. There were many times where you could see my hand but i would digitally remove it or i'd add a digital object to cover it. There was only a few times where i connected a pencil on the back of a figure (Yoda vs Vader fight, Kyle in the core room fighting stormtroopers) using scotch tape to stick it there, then i'd go back and digitally remove the pencil. (i'd shoot the scene twice. Once with figures/pencil and onces just clean background.

"Most of the special effects were pretty good, too."

Thank you. I know its an action figure movie, but i tried really hard to make it look good.

"There was some really funny stuff, but in between was either exposition or obnoxiously silly stuff"

I see what your saying. Overall pretty much every scene advances the story (even if its silly). The only scene that I can think of that was put in for just laughs and kinda delayed time was the scene where the stormtroopers are outside the Cloning base. Those stormtroopers start complaining they never hang out, and then they start punching each other.

That first 2-3 min of that scene is silly and just there for laughts, but then that scene leads itself to a very important scene. So even that, although silly and for the moment waste of time, it leads to an important scene.

As far as Anakin Solo, i can obviously see how he can be annoying. But first and for most i made this movie for myself and my family and friends. And when i have the premier in a few weeks, I know they are all gonna get a kick out of Anakin. My older brother did his voice, and that voice makes all of us laugh. And I my self love that character. If this was a real star wars movie, then yeah i'd be annoyed by him too. But for this fan made, funny action figure version It works. But i totally understand if you dont like him, thats cool.

"The plot could've been really simplified. If you managed to make this into half an hour and keep hitting us with new stuff instead of repeating some of the stuff (which you kind of did, like with Anakin, Stormtroopers, Dengar, etc.) you'd have a more satisfying film IMO."

I never tried to make this a 1hr 30min movie. I just wrote a script, and from that i adjusted alot of things and made the movie. If i was going to stick to this story then i dont see how i could make it 30min.

SPOILERS (I know we've already given some spoilers)

But the only way i could think of making this 30min is if after Maul and Vage (dark version of luke) attack the Jedi Academy, while Luke is on Coruscant he would THEN make plans to attack the Cloning Base. But.... at that point of the movie he doesn't have his cloned Jedi. Actually i'm not sure how it could be done in that short of time. To me it seems all those scenes need to be there to give this movie a full developed story. If i were to just make luke attack the cloning base right away then it'd feel rushed.

SPOILERS OVER!

I'm not sure though what you mean that i kept repeating old stuff like Anakin, Stormtroopers, and De

13. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    It would of been nice if i put some spoiler tags in my last post. How do you guys do it where you make the letters invisible for spoilers. Then you highlight to see what was written?

14. ThePriminister05

ThePriminister05 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 28, 2005
    Fantastic job on this movie; very, very funny. I think the Mara thing was the funniest thing in the movie for me along with the jar jar getting shot up RoboCop style, over and over again. I dont really hate Jar but his reaction while getting shot up was priceless.

I can tell alot of care and effort went into this movie and the result is great! Good job.

On a related note, I've made two short action figure movies with nothing but Star Wars characters, but it wasnt really Star Wars. They came about when in Science Class(Junior year) we had to do a project on different elements. Me and my freind Rocky(biggest fan ever) joined up and did the report on Helium and Iron. We asked if we could do a movie and our teacher was thrilled. After we showed the rough cut to the class, people from her other classes wanted to see it, because they thought it was actually educational, but friggin hilarious. There are two main characters, the first is Ben Knezzelbee(played by Rocky with a Ben Kenobi figure appropriately) and Sebastian(played by me, with a Hoth Rebel figure, oddly enough). We made another on biomes during our Senior year. You guys have to see these movies. I'm actually editing them now so I'll try to post them within November.

Anyway awesome movie!

15. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    "Fantastic job on this movie; very, very funny. I think the Mara thing was the funniest thing in the movie for me along with the jar jar getting shot up RoboCop style, over and over again. I dont really hate Jar but his reaction while getting shot up was priceless."

Awsome man. Its great to hear you like it. My wife is getting a kick out of people saying they liked her part. I actually told her before i put the movie online that people may not like her part because Mara Jade in the book is all serious, and that EU fans wont like that she's laughing all the time.

Glad you liked the Jar Jar getting shot part. I actually toned down Jar Jar getting shot. At first I had the guy shooting fire off a last shotgun fire so you know Jar Jar dies. But in this version i took out the last shot gun fire. And in the original i had blood spraying everywhere as Jar Jar is getting shot. It actually looked good. But i didn't want to make it to graphic. I have that footage somewhere if you guys want to see it.

16. dvdcdr

dvdcdr Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2006
    Any plans of putting this one on youtube or stage6?

17. DarthDiabolous

DarthDiabolous Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2006
    Takes very very long to buffer...

and its not a great movie but it is very entertaining i do feel like a kid agian

18. DarthDiabolous

Sep 23, 2006
    I love the slyvestor stallone voice for han its amazing...

same lines from the rocky movies lol good job

19. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    Its cool to see many liked those voices I added in. I liked them and i'm glad others like them too.

You know every so often i've seen ppl talking about stage 6 and i didn't know what that was. I checked it out and it looks pretty cool. I'll look into that to see if i'll put the movie there.

20. DarthDiabolous

Sep 23, 2006
    stage 6 is very cool... Its got divx formats which are great and its pretty much just a high quality youtube

21. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    I tried finding how much i can upload on stage6 but i dont see it anywhere. I see that there are many footages that are over 40min long, but i'd like to know what the limits are.

22. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    Bump for new viewers.

23. Unclegoodinberry

Unclegoodinberry Jedi Knight

Jun 8, 2006
    ya know =D=
    I got to tell ya, I have seen alot of fan films but that was the most fun!
    really , It wasnt to be judged, just enjoyed and yeah it reminded me of the days when I was younger, my figs would come to life in my hands too and my folks thought I was the strangest thing this side of the family,o_O but now that I am making my own movies, they dont seem to mind[face_thinking]
    great job, on just the fact that you put it together, I think it was a win, :D
    who knows maybe your destiny is doing stop animations?[face_idea]

24. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    ^^^ Thank you. Thats really nice to hear. I know people here looked to see what faults people made in their fan films, but I made this movie for fun. Its just to be viewed and enjoyed. I'm the first to tell you if you try to find mistakes in my movie that you will find plenty.

But this is a fun movie and enjoyable. So i'm glad you saw that and you enjoyed it.

I'd love to do animation, but I just do this fun on the side for fun. I bought 3ds Max 9 some time ago, and as much as i love animation i'll never know everything there is to know on that program, seeing as how i'm self learning. But its fun.

25. SilentBat

SilentBat Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 28, 2006
    Yeah, no one should be to critical of this movie. It's not to be so. I really enjoyed it. Was a lot of fun. The one moment I had that was a laugh out loud moment was when Jar Jar got shot by the soldier. That was extremely funny. And I loved the big reveal that Luke was dressed up as his clone the whole time when he killed the Emperor. Very clever. Too bad for Qui-Gon, dying a second time to Darth Maul.

Great job man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.