Star Wars : Ghosts Of The Republic Needs Your Help !!!

Discussion in 'San Jose CA' started by OrnOsanja, Jan 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OrnOsanja Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hello once again

Our fanfilm is off to a great start but we have ran into a small problem.

Star Wars Ghosts Of The Republic - BEHIND THE SCENES PART 1

FIRST GREEN SCREEN TEST

The script has been done for some time Now .

Costumes done .

Props 99% done

3 cameras secured

Shooting permits all secured

Time scheduals are being made

but there is one missing piece that we thought would be the easiest.

STORM TROOPERS...........................

We REALLY need storm troopers for this film.
    we have contacted the Golden Gate Garrison but they are not willing to make the hour drive to our
    shoot even after all the benefits they were promised
    ( FREE LUNCH , FREE DVD , and a DONATION TO THE 501st)

we are even to the point that we would pay for gas money if they would at least get 5 of them down here.

it has been 5 days since we last e-mailed them and there has been no answer. We are running out of time and we need some stormtroopers..

so if there are any individuals out there with good storm trooper costumes who would be willing to make the trip to Gilroy to help out...it would be much appreciated. All extras and stormtroopers involved
    will recieve a T-shirt, a dvd upon release, and free lunch every time you are asked to shoot.

SOMEBODY PLEAAAAASEEEEE!!!!!

HELP US!!!!!!!!!

2. Dalaraan Jedi Padawan

bad news ron,

Central California Says they "regretfully" cannot help us out. I don't buy that though. I think that they just don't wanna do it at all, cause if they did they would have told us when they would be available again. This is really getting on my nerves. People keep telling me thru e-mails and stuff to get some troopers from 501....but it's kinda hard to do that when you keep getting rejected. I mean...is shooting one scene in Gilroy such a big deal?..i mean it's only a one day shoot! I'll talk to you later
  3. Koohii Force Ghost

star 5
    Sorry to hear about this.

Drive from SF to SJ is an Hour. Down to Gilroy is up to 2 hours.

Lazy bums aren't willing to drive 2 hours for a fanfilm project? How dare they even consider themselves fans! :mad:

You might post when the next meeting is for cast/crew/volunteers.
    :)
  4. OrnOsanja Jedi Knight

star 1
    Our next meeting is the Jan 22nd (THURS)

I can provide directions in needed .

supprisingly most of the 501st inculding the commanding officer lives in Campbell (30min Drive)

For a 1 day shoot I think 2hrs is feesable

especially when you get free food and gas
  5. Koohii Force Ghost

star 5
    Directions/location: yes please!
  6. Dalaraan Jedi Padawan

remember...most of their troops are in fremont...fremont to gilroy is about an hour - an hour 20 min
  7. Dalaraan Jedi Padawan

wait hold on ron...you said the TROOPS are in campbell as well?? not just the CO?
  8. OrnOsanja Jedi Knight

star 1
    some of them are but not all of them
  9. Koohii Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, I had fun at today's meeting.

They still need extras... Anyone interested?
  10. cryovader Jedi Knight

There seems to be a lot of miscommunication about the 501st Golden Gate Garrison's involvement in this project. I think before you make a comment and pass judgement on someone, you should have all the facts.

The distance to the shoot was not the only factor in our hsistation to do this project.

I would like to point out, that we have full time jobs, families, in some cases we have 2 jobs or work as a reserve ( Military & police ) so our time is very precious to us.

For myself, I would have to get up at 6 am, ( after getting in at 2 am from my night job ) get my 6 mo. old dughter up, feed her, dress her, drive 30 minutes to the babysitters, 30 minutes back, load up my armor, drive 1.5 hours to Gilroy, ( or Watsonville ) get into costume, which means I would be ready to film no earlier than 11 am. Then, I would have to quit by 3p mto get undressed & drive back in time to get to the sitters before 5 pm.
    That leaves 4 hours of shooting time ,which for anyone who has worked on films knows is good for about 3-4 shots. We felt it would be a better use of time to film it locally.

And that is just one of the issues we were working with.
    Sound like a "Lazy bum" to you ?

If anyone has furthur comments, or would like to know more, you may contact me directly at iceman@cryogenesys.com

Ian Hiebert
    Executive Officer
    Golden Gate Garrison
    501st Legion
  11. Koohii Force Ghost

star 5
    Where's your sense of humor?
    Or sense of proportion?
    That was a joke!
    :D
  12. cryovader Jedi Knight

I don't have a sense of humor. I had it removed when I was young. It was getting in the way of my quest for world domination.

I just wanted to post our side & let those who were unaware there was more to it than "Dalaraan" realized.
    Filmaking is a very stressful job, I used to work for Lucasfilms, ( ILM Effects unit 1986-87 ) I quit because of the stress. ( I went to work as a police officer after that, if that's any clue ) When making a film ,nothing ever is easy, even with a huge budget.
    I sympathize with the frustration of the "Ghosts of the Republic " team, but it doesn't get any easier, you just get better at dealing with it.

13. The_Sith_Mistress Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow, I just saw this thread and I am disappointed at a fellow SJFF member. We are all part of the SW community and insulting one another is just wrong.

I am sorry Ian, I know you and the GGG work hard and do a good job with making the SW pressence known in the bay area.
  14. cryovader Jedi Knight

Thanks Sith Mistress,
    As you know, we in the 501st may appear standoffish, uptight, or even "snobbish" at first glance, but for those who have come to know us personally, we go far and wide to embrace those who are part of the SW universe, and become our extended family.

- Ian
  15. Koohii Force Ghost

star 5
    And yet, after that lovely speach, it seems that no one is available.

Got involved with some of the filming Saturday, and transformed a couple of people into non-humans. I think it will be a fun project. Pity that the 501 seems to be passing it up.
  16. The_Sith_Mistress Jedi Knight

star 1
    If the 501st can't do it, they simply can't do it. I actually think this discussion should be dropped. If anyone is interested in being in the fan film, good for them and they can post here or get in contact with the creators.

Good luck with the fan film.
  17. TK-855 Jedi Knight

star 1

I can only speak for myself.

I'm up in the Vallejo/Fairfield area. Gilroy/Watsonville is close to three hours drive time. Given that the production team is not likely to want to start at 11AM or later, that means I'm getting up at 5AM or thereabouts to make a 9AM call.

That's increasingly unrealistic as I grow older, and I've passed on other 501st events for the same reason. (Conversely, when I had the energy of a 25-year old, I sure as heck didn't have the budget for toys like these - I had car payments and tuition to worry about.)

Our jobs help pay for our expensive hobbies, like EL lightsabers and suits of armor.

Our families always come first.

Bob

18. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Sorry to interject a little late even though this is outside my juristiction. First off to Ian and the rest of the 501st, I am personally upset that these people have openly casted a negative shadow on the 501st in an open forum here on the Fan Force boards. Regardless of what is said as "playful" it can be seen as spite very easily.

After a person asks for a favor and and is turned down after careful consideration by the other party invovled, they should accept the decision and bow out gracefully. Name calling is childish and uncalled for but you guys went beyond that, you challenged the loyalty the 501st as fans of Star Wars. Let me tell you something about the 501st, when it comes to events and spreading SW fandom they are the ultimate source as the message of SW outside of Lucasfilm itself. They are at every Con type event, every big SW related function, and are the first chosen to be called upon when LFL needs troopers. Furthermore they do good for the community in the way of charity fund raising and participating in social programs.

So before you pass judgement I suggest you check your fire before targeting a group you know little about. I wish you the best of luck in your fan film. Ian, sorry about the mess. ;)
  19. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have to agree with Ming. I am up to my ears in a fanfilm at the moment myself. It is a period in time before the Stormtroopers, but none the less, I know several from the 501st and the GGG. I admire and respect them. I know what they do besides, fanfilms. Have you ever gone with the 501st the the Schriner's Hospital for terminally ill kids, and see their faces light up when they see Darth Vader, Stormtroopers, or even Boba Fett? Those are causes, that I would not want to take the 501st away from.

I plan on a shoot this summer, and plan to approach the 501st and GGG for support. Nothing fancey, just some marching, and a chance to shove a couple Jedi around is all. ;) But, I will also prepare to find locations close to the the 501st and GGG's bases of operations. And to coordinate when they will be available. They are really a good bunch of people and do alot for the community besides fanfilms.
  20. Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Master

star 4
    Is this argument still going on? Let's follow Sith_Mistriss's advice and drop it. I think we all have better things to do.
  21. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    As far as I can tell this party is over. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.