main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Star Wars: Glactic Battle Grounds

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Keiran_Halcyon, Jun 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keiran_Halcyon

Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2001
    Dont know if anybody has posted a topic about this but I thought I would. For those of you who don't know SW GBG is a rts<(real time strategy) game, like the Age of Empires series. Lets all observe a moment of silence and reverence for AoE...now that that's done lets get on with SW GBA. It is a game about...well SW, here's the actual info that I ripped off lucasarts.com

Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds

The destiny of a galaxy hangs in the balance and you're in command. Star Wars Glactic Battlegrounds lets you lead the armies of Star Wars to victory in intense, real-time strategy clashes. Enter the fray as the Galactic Empire, Rebel Alliance, Trade Federation, Wookies and other civilizations in campaigns that will determine the final outcome of the Galactic Civil War. Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Take control!

1. Epic real-time strategy set against a backdrop of the entire Star Wars saga
    2. Conflicts involve six key civilizations: Galctic Empire, Rebel Alliance, Wookies, Gungans, Royal Naboo and Trade Federation.
    3. Execute your campain over land, sea and air with over 300 different units and structures in single-player campains, skirmishes and multiplayer battles.
    4. Deploy vast legions of units into battle-up to 200 per side- with units that can include bounty hunters, Jedi Knights, stormtroopers, X-wings, AT-ATs, snowspeeders, AT-STs, Wookies Kas tanks and droids.
    5. Manage your resources and integrate the power of updradable technology into your strategy, such as Wookie ingenuity, advanced Gungan biotechnoligy and Jedi stamina. Each technology level brings new wonders and new forces.
    5. Accessible gameplay built upon the familiar RTS engine adapted from Ensemble's popular Age of Empires series.
    6. Use the scenario editor to create custom single- or multiplayer battlegrounds with virtually any Star Wars units and settings

well there you have it folks, cool game huh?!! I hope you appreciate what I just wrote out cause it took fifteen minutes and my hands are killing me. Oh yeah I didn't take the time to edit the spelling so if I made mistakes dont blame me blame my fingers 8-}

2. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Star Wars game based on AoE - 'nuf said right there!

It's gonna be schweeeeeeet! AoE/AoK are fantastic plays. How can this be any less?

3. Salacious_Crummy

Salacious_Crummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Thanks, it definately sounds very cool.

4. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I agree! Sounds great!

5. Keiran_Halcyon

Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2001
    I'm happy you guys appreciate my hand killing topic :D Yep it definately sounds cool, I'm going to buy it as soon as it comes out. Keep the replys coming ppl, I love haveing a topic that's polular :D

6. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Battlegrounds isn't the only sweet thing coming from LucasArts this year. Jedi Outcast (Jedi Knight 2) looks fantastic. Galaxies is gonna consume my life. Rougue Squadron 2 is just remarkable.

Someone at LA woke up and realized that they needed to step it up a notch or two. If these games play as good as they look, they stepped up about 20.

7. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    PC Gamer is saying that the SW GB is going to be one of the best games of the coming year.

JediLars

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.